Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Bigwormgraphix

Old 08-08-2019, 09:05 AM   #15
Nummeister

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
I would not trust the cam install or tuning to anyone that wasnt a GM performance shop with a dyno that didnt have a eddy brake. If they dont work and new Camaros and Vettes they will be learning on your car and you car is not like the old cars.
Thanks for the info. I did some researching and found some shops to be suspect
And some with really good reputations. Pricing is all over the place! Lol it’s really hard to find a reputable shops that care about customers car like their own without over charging crazy amount here in GA. This is my first Chevy/Camaro. So before I blow my factory warranty out of the water, I would like to hand over the keys to someone that cares without feeling “ripped off.” I’ll pay more for better work, but what is too much?
Nummeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:58 AM   #16
GuywithL86

Drives: Black
Quote:
I would not trust the cam install or tuning to anyone that wasnt a GM performance shop with a dyno that didnt have a eddy brake. If they dont work and new Camaros and Vettes they will be learning on your car and you car is not like the old cars.
I second that

Experience with LS does not transfer. Could be the best LS tuner in the world. DI is different animal.

Need to have specific GM gen V experience
GuywithL86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:02 PM   #17
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebanks06 View Post
Their installation is fine, their tuning its sub par. I would probably invest in hptuners and reach out to Pray for the tune.
I hear that from many people. Since I work a lot and it’s my daily. I preferred a shop that can do it all.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:07 PM   #18
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuywithL86 View Post
I second that

Experience with LS does not transfer. Could be the best LS tuner in the world. DI is different animal.

Need to have specific GM gen V experience
Thank you for the heads up guys! I’m getting really good info/feedbacks from everyone. I’m learning more from everyone as I go. Thanks again.
Old 08-08-2019, 01:14 PM   #19
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
if you want to do remote tuning get a https://thetuningschool.com/collecti...ideband-bundle wide band and a HP Tuners MPVI2 requires 4 credits to tune manual cars. 5 if you want to mess with the fuel controller and NPP settings.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:37 PM   #20
Nummeister

Quote:
if you want to do remote tuning get a https://thetuningschool.com/collecti...ideband-bundle wide band and a HP Tuners MPVI2 requires 4 credits to tune manual cars. 5 if you want to mess with the fuel controller and NPP settings.
Thanks for the link. I commend all you guys that work on your own personal vehicle. It’s def. rewarding in the end and just make you appreciate your pride and joy that much more. The saying of “Built not Bought”, unfortunately I’m not in that category as I’m not so hands on like the majority here. But I do appreciate everyone pointing me into the right direction.
Old 08-12-2019, 12:50 PM   #21
gmcvt

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1SS A10
Another vote for Vengeance here! Got my LS3 stuff from them (cam kit n such) and drove down and had Mike tune it at the shop. Top notch peeps!!
2018 Mustang GT A10 Kooks Lt's, E85 & Lund tune*SOLD*
2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6 Silver- CAI, Bo-body, VRSP-2 cam, Kooks 1 7/8 Lt's w/cats, Magnaflow street CB(15089), QTP ovals, Elite can, Vengeance Racing tune. *SOLD*
gmcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 01:11 PM   #22
krw1103

Drives: 2019 ZL1
Vengeance Racing is one of top shops in the country in my opinion.
krw1103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 06:34 PM   #23
Nummeister

I hear a lot of great things about Vengeance. Thank you guys for pointing me down the right path! I’m gathering every parts all at once to build a N/A car so I don’t have to keep re-tuning. So it’s def. getting a bit expensive but hey, gotta pay to play.
Old 08-18-2019, 06:44 PM   #24
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
I can tell you cam, heads, headers, msd, 103 and a tune is OMG strong... Especially with a M6, it is pure glory...
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 08:39 PM   #25
Nummeister

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldman View Post
I can tell you cam, heads, headers, msd, 103 and a tune is OMG strong... Especially with a M6, it is pure glory...
Do you feel that the MSD and 103 TB is worth the money? Cause I’m not going force induction route. Either way, I already purchased both. Lol. What brand TB you have? I have the Katech. Most people have the Nick Williams I heard but yet I also heard both is made from the same company??
Old 08-19-2019, 08:34 AM   #26
G2K
@Blackmamba_1LE

Drives: 2017 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nummeister View Post
Do you feel that the MSD and 103 TB is worth the money? Cause I’m not going force induction route. Either way, I already purchased both. Lol. What brand TB you have? I have the Katech. Most people have the Nick Williams I heard but yet I also heard both is made from the same company??
Is it worth yeah i'd say yeah because in N/A every penny is worth it. On Heads/Cam will get the most benefits tho. In that setup its a MUST HAVE IMO.
Old 08-19-2019, 11:01 AM   #27
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
103 mm katech... think it is a quality piece, I had it for years now.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 09:45 AM   #28
Nummeister

Thank you for everyone feedback. Since right after this original thread post, I had H/C, intake, headers w/ green catted, throttle body, E85 etc.. etc... install and had Vengeance do the tune. I’m overall happy with the power. The my car is not hooking due to the power increase. So I decided to wait until I needed tires. So couple of days ago I’d put on rear 17x10 welds rts wheels w/ MT 305/45 SS tires. Hooking problem solved! As I lived in neighborhood with HOA, I kept my X-Pipe and Exhaust muffler stock to reduced the noise level. Well.. I had HOA complaint about my car being loud in the morning when I’m leaving for work. And Mind you I keep my NPP system in touring/ quiet mode and creep out of the neighborhood leaving for work. Thought it couldn’t get any worse, that same person (next door neighbor) called the cops on me. I’m old school, if you have a problem come and talk to me in person first and we’ll come to a conclusion as an adult. But all bet is off now. Long story short, I’m looking to get X-Pipe and axle back exhaust that will connect to my Kooks LTH and their green catted connection. Any suggestions? I was thinking Flowmaster X-Pipe to Stainless Works axle back. I don’t know this setup will work? Sorry for the long rant! Lol.