Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 LT1 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 07-27-2019, 02:12 PM   #15
CompleteStreet

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10
If you have NPP, I would get headers first and see how you like it. Then decide if you want an exhaust. If you don't have NPP, I would recommend Borla, or maybe Corsa axleback.

You can check out what we have at the link below, and if you have questions or want a Camaro6 Member discount, call us @ 610-628-1563

https://www.cspracing.com/vehicle-pa...y-camaro-2016/
CompleteStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 01:57 PM   #16
Vrodviddy

Drives: 2018 Camaro ss
I was under 2000, with TSP headers, xpipes, and borlas exhaust carbon fiber tip.
Vrodviddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2019, 04:24 PM   #17
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1njam005e View Post
Hello all,

There really is a lot of header choices out there. I am a first time new camaro owner and I am overwhelmed with the options. I love my car right now but know it can be better once I get headers and the exhaust swapped out.

I hear from friends near to me that long tube headers are the way to go for torque and to, if possible not to spend less than $2000.00 USD. Well I am in Canada so the $2000.00 USD now becomes $2600.00 - $2750.00 CAD which is quite a bit more.

I would pay 2K USD but I don't know what I am looking for.....

I want a complete exhaust swap with headers.... now if there any actual opinions in this forum that can help guide me please by all means let me know what you all think.

Thanks in advance all

As a fellow Canadian I've been in the same slump as you.

The best options I found so far is if you're doing the cheapest of the cheap. Speed Engineering headers and X-pipe will take care of you. BUT there is no AFM valves so if you're an automatic you'll need to either zip tie the AFM actuators away or tune it out. At this point you're already tuning since you have headers on. If you're planning on keeping the AFM valves, assuming you're automatic, your cheapest option is the flowmaster X-pipes.

For the mufflers you can keep your current setup if you have NPP. It's super useful especially after headers. Or buy aftermarket which is expensive. Or buy generic mufflers and marry them up to the current system which is cheaper and preferable on a non NPP setup.

There's no good option for us. If you plan on skipping the headers there's the MBRP catback which doesn't break the bank but the lack of NPP and AFM topic will kick in again. Asides from that there's the used market too.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:39 PM   #18
n1njam005e

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CompleteStreet View Post
If you have NPP, I would get headers first and see how you like it. Then decide if you want an exhaust. If you don't have NPP, I would recommend Borla, or maybe Corsa axleback.

You can check out what we have at the link below, and if you have questions or want a Camaro6 Member discount, call us @ 610-628-1563

https://www.cspracing.com/vehicle-pa...y-camaro-2016/

I do have the NPP and only want to change the headers from stock to long tube. I like the stock exhaust and want to leave the entire exhaust the same with the exception of the headers. I just don't know what brand will just "attach" to the stock exhaust. I just want long tube headers to attach to the stock exhaust if this is possible, leaving everthing else on lol. I am so green when it comes to this that I feel like I am treading water.

I am not too concerned about price point, I just want the stock headers to come out and the new long tubes to drop in and attach to the entire exhaust stock. I hope this makes sense but perhaps someone in here can dumb in down for me, if need be.

I hope this will give anyone in this thread an idea on what I want to do.

Thanks all for the replies!

Last edited by n1njam005e; 08-08-2019 at 04:53 PM.
n1njam005e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2019, 03:59 PM   #19
n1njam005e

Drives: 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
As a fellow Canadian I've been in the same slump as you.

The best options I found so far is if you're doing the cheapest of the cheap. Speed Engineering headers and X-pipe will take care of you. BUT there is no AFM valves so if you're an automatic you'll need to either zip tie the AFM actuators away or tune it out. At this point you're already tuning since you have headers on. If you're planning on keeping the AFM valves, assuming you're automatic, your cheapest option is the flowmaster X-pipes.

For the mufflers you can keep your current setup if you have NPP. It's super useful especially after headers. Or buy aftermarket which is expensive. Or buy generic mufflers and marry them up to the current system which is cheaper and preferable on a non NPP setup.

There's no good option for us. If you plan on skipping the headers there's the MBRP catback which doesn't break the bank but the lack of NPP and AFM topic will kick in again. Asides from that there's the used market too.
Hello,

I ended up ordering the Kooks long tube headers KOK-2260H420. These appear to fit the stock ehxaust with minor modification. They also appear to come with high flow cats, which I need too.

The rest of the exhaust I am leaving stock.

Thanks
n1njam005e is offline   Reply With Quote