Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 06-28-2019, 09:01 AM   #71
Stingray_2014

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
So you are happy with these LEDs? I might give them a try as well.
I just ordered a set. For $20, it's worth a shot. I'll update this after I install them.
Stingray_2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2019, 11:49 PM   #72
cmitchell17

Drives: 17 2SS, 8L90, Cam, Heads, E85
Do we have any solutions for the rear turn signal? Kind of weird to have LEDs in the front and not in the back.

Also I could have sworn we have LEDs for the rear brake lights but I can't find evidence? I know we have the special lens which most new cars have now that makes them look like an LED, but from looking at the brake lights come on and off it kind of seems like they are incandescent just due to how they seem to ramp up brightness and ramp down brightness from the filament heating up and cooling down.
cmitchell17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2019, 07:04 AM   #73
chozn4service

Drives: 2016 SS w/2SS A8 Blue Velvet
It’s my understanding the rear lights are all LED with exception of the reverse lights. The SixGen light housing is self contained with built in LEDs for the turn signals and brakes. The instant on/off is indication of that. The only swap I did was LED reverse lights using the Gen5diy mod and LEDs in the license plate area. I now have LEDs in all my lights with exception of the headlights which remain the factory HID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-01-2019, 10:49 AM   #74
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmitchell17 View Post
Do we have any solutions for the rear turn signal? Kind of weird to have LEDs in the front and not in the back.

Also I could have sworn we have LEDs for the rear brake lights but I can't find evidence? I know we have the special lens which most new cars have now that makes them look like an LED, but from looking at the brake lights come on and off it kind of seems like they are incandescent just due to how they seem to ramp up brightness and ramp down brightness from the filament heating up and cooling down.
What evidence are you looking for? your 2SS rear tail light are LED but for the
reverse lights, but its not a Bulb its a board full of LED's did you need a Pic of one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by chozn4service View Post
It’s my understanding the rear lights are all LED with exception of the reverse lights. The SixGen light housing is self contained with built in LEDs for the turn signals and brakes. The instant on/off is indication of that. The only swap I did was LED reverse lights using the Gen5diy mod and LEDs in the license plate area. I now have LEDs in all my lights with exception of the headlights which remain the factory HID.

+1
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 07:48 PM   #75
cmitchell17

[QUOTE=2SSRS@Gen5diy;10559909]What evidence are you looking for? your 2SS rear tail light are LED but for the
reverse lights, but its not a Bulb its a board full of LED's did you need a Pic of one?

I apologize, it's my fault for not taking mine off and looking at them I think I may have been getting confused, unless maybe the base Camaro regular bulbs.
Old 07-09-2019, 10:40 PM   #76
Cruisin

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Since most the ones listed in this thread are "no longer available" on amazon, I decided to give these a try for $17. I'll post an update when I get a chance to install them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got them Saturday and installed them. No hyperflash at all and quite brighter than the stock flashers.
I ordered a set of these also and I must say that I am impressed by them. They are much brighter than the stock turn signal bulbs plus they lock into the socket way more securely than the two previous brands that I tried. Just to be safe, I did put a wrap of electric tape around each one of them after installing into the socket just to make sure, as chozn4service mentioned earlier.
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2019, 12:02 AM   #77
chozn4service

Old 07-10-2019, 09:49 PM   #78
cmitchell17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruisin View Post
I ordered a set of these also and I must say that I am impressed by them. They are much brighter than the stock turn signal bulbs plus they lock into the socket way more securely than the two previous brands that I tried. Just to be safe, I did put a wrap of electric tape around each one of them after installing into the socket just to make sure, as chozn4service mentioned earlier.
Yeah I just put in my set as well and they seemed really snug. I didn't have a problem with them being loose and they seemed just as tight as the stock bulbs.

Old 07-11-2019, 05:19 PM   #79
oOKhanhOo

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Yeah I just put in my set as well and they seemed really snug. I didn't have a problem with them being loose and they seemed just as tight as the stock bulbs.

This bulb is plug n play? No hyperflash/resistors needed?
oOKhanhOo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2019, 11:13 PM   #80
Cruisin

Drives: Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Correct, plug them in and you are good to go.
Cruisin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 12:53 PM   #81
cmitchell17

Quote:
Originally Posted by oOKhanhOo View Post
Yeah mine worked fine. The backup lights will give you problems though, unless there is a special backup light that I don't know about. The backup light leds will stay on when there is no backup light power. They will stay very dim though, I've had mine for a few days and overnight and it hasn't run my battery down. The bcm will usually shut down anything running for that long to keep the battery from dying but it dosent work in this case.
Old 07-14-2019, 12:59 PM   #82
chozn4service

I have LED backup lights as well. If you go to Gen5diy, Ofer has a kit that works perfectly! I did this mod when I first bought the car 2.5 yrs ago and there has no zero issues. All my lights that were incandescent are now LED. Cleaner and cooler look for sure.....

Old 07-14-2019, 07:35 PM   #83
warren3537

Drives: 2019 Red Hot ZL1 1LE: 2012 RAM 2500
Quote:

I got mine this afternoon, I went ahead and pulled the airbox out "which is easy" so that way I had no issues when putting the light back in, I have to say that these lights are brighter and no hyper flashing so far and will be keeping the stock bulbs in the glove box "JIC"
warren3537 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 09:07 PM   #84
cmitchell17

Just a warning to everyone else, I got the standard small bulb LED replacements to put in the side markers, and they are very bright. They are bright enough to wear they shine straight through the amber and red front and rear side markers so you can clearly see the bulb and not just the light diffused through them. They don't look bad, but I think side markers are supposed to be a little more subtle. I may try taking a marker over the bulbs to try and darken them.