Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-10-2009, 07:20 AM   #1
Scott@Bjorn3D

Drives: Kami, 2013 2SS LS3 Luvin
Send a message via MSN to Scott@Bjorn3D
Fbodfather or Camaro Scott, Question.

Scott or Camaro Scott

With the workbench # I got for my 2SS and the letter I got from GM with Ed thanking me for ordering a car. Do I need to do anything else? Does GM know that order is placed with my specs for my car? And I will get that car some time this year?

My worry is I don't know if I really have an order placed that GM knows about, I think I do since I got a letter, but who knows?

Thanks

Scott
Scott@Bjorn3D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:33 AM   #2
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Drives: Your new SLP Camaro!
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroScotty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott@Bjorn3D View Post
Scott or Camaro Scott

With the workbench # I got for my 2SS and the letter I got from GM with Ed thanking me for ordering a car. Do I need to do anything else? Does GM know that order is placed with my specs for my car? And I will get that car some time this year?

My worry is I don't know if I really have an order placed that GM knows about, I think I do since I got a letter, but who knows?

Thanks

Scott
It is "in the system" but not accepted for production yet...you don't have to do anything. Once it is ready to be produced (assuming your dealer is watching the status) you'll have an estimate on when it will arrive.
CamaroScotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 07:45 AM   #3
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Hey Scotty, while you're here...Do the V8 automatics get the 3.45 rear end like the V8 manuals do?
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
Hey Scotty, while you're here...Do the V8 automatics get the 3.45 rear end like the V8 manuals do?
no. from http://www.chevrolet.com/camaro/: rear end gears for V6's and SS Auto is 3.27
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:32 AM   #5
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
Once it is ready to be produced (assuming your dealer is watching the status) you'll have an estimate on when it will arrive.
So what exactly does this mean? Do our dealers have an impact on when our orders are put into the production queue?
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:35 AM   #6
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
So what exactly does this mean? Do our dealers have an impact on when our orders are put into the production queue?
They can watch all dealership orders move through the various stages of production. It would be "nice" if they keep their customers up to date as they occur -
Old 01-11-2009, 10:39 AM   #7
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
thanks for the insight Scott. . . My worry was the dealers had to "re-submit" the order when the system actually opened up. . .
Old 01-11-2009, 10:48 AM   #8
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
thanks for the insight Scott. . . My worry was the dealers had to "re-submit" the order when the system actually opened up. . .
Yeah this is what I was worried about as well. Thanks for the info Scotty.
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #9
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
No, they are there, ready to be pulled.
Old 01-11-2009, 10:53 AM   #10
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
So...based on the response and the way everyone in this thread is understanding...with our order number and letter, once the allocations hit the dealer it will be an automatic pull and our Camaros will be built?

I thought the dealer would have to manually input the order...meaning they could skip your order to get lot cars with their allcoations and make the presold order a lower priority?

If it's automatic since we are already in workbench...then it's a just a matter of when the allocation for our engine hits the dealer! Yes?
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:56 AM   #11
WAY2FAST

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS Red M6
Hi! I need a little help on this subject as well!
I placed my order 10/24 and have a copy of page 1 of the order workbench with my NDW... number from my dealer.

Since then I have no communication from GM (no letters etc.) My dealer knows very little.

How can I be assured that I am in the system?
WAY2FAST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 10:59 AM   #12
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Legend View Post
So...based on the response and the way everyone in this thread is understanding...with our order number and letter, once the allocations hit the dealer it will be an automatic pull and our Camaros will be built?

I thought the dealer would have to manually input the order...meaning they could skip your order to get lot cars with their allcoations and make the presold order a lower priority?

If it's automatic since we are already in workbench...then it's a just a matter of when the allocation for our engine hits the dealer! Yes?
If I go into the system, it will list everyone I have in there...yes, that COULD be modified - say if car in spot one has Aqua blue, and aqua blue is now on constraint for a few weeks, they may want to move a different one (say CGM) in so the window isn't missed, and everyone doesn't get held up. This is just a small summary about it. I'm not much into writing books!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:03 AM   #13
CamaroScotty
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAY2FAST View Post
Hi! I need a little help on this subject as well!
I placed my order 10/24 and have a copy of page 1 of the order workbench with my NDW... number from my dealer.

Since then I have no communication from GM (no letters etc.) My dealer knows very little.

How can I be assured that I am in the system?
He can log into the GM system and see it there...

While the letters are nice, I'm not sure how they are working that....but just like the paint chips, some dealers got them, others did not. In time I'm sure that everyone will have them.

The letters also serve as a safeguard that the cars are indeed going to a customer, not a fictional one....Daffy Duck just can't drive!
Old 01-11-2009, 11:06 AM   #14
Legend
Hello!

Drives: 2008 JSB Z06!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroScotty View Post
If I go into the system, it will list everyone I have in there...yes, that COULD be modified - say if car in spot one has Aqua blue, and aqua blue is now on constraint for a few weeks, they may want to move a different one (say CGM) in so the window isn't missed, and everyone doesn't get held up. This is just a small summary about it. I'm not much into writing books!
Excellent...thank you!! If no constraint on my Camaro then I should be good to go.
Legend is offline   Reply With Quote