Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM   #1
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Drives: 2018 Summit White ZL1 1LE
Procharger, ported stock manifold, and headers, anyone?

Has anybody started down the NA route, and changed course to an FI, Procharger route.

Curious if you have a ported stock manifold (Pray, etc), and ported throttle body (Pray, Katech, etc) and headers, and then install a p1 or p1x Procharger kit, can you get away with running stock fuel system on 93 octane with the 7 to 8 psi they base kit comes with? I know you will need a tuner kit because the tune won't work except on a stock car. But will you be safe fuel wise on 93 with no fuel system mods.

/ / Katech TB // RotoFab Dry // Borla 60606 // ATI Super Damper / /
1LE Red Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 12:52 PM   #2
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Ported TB with boost = no gain what-so-ever. The blower will blow through that TB with virtually no care to the size of hole. All you WILL notice is that your tuner will be majorly upset because of the added headache of idle tuning. (especially if you do a cam down the road)

Ported Intake or Aftermarket = once boosted, I have seen both ends of this spectrum. I have seen a small small small gain (im talking less then 10hp) which might have been dyno run error.... and I have seen a MASSIVE drop of 30+hp with another. (with literally no way to tune it out, other then swap back to the stock intake, and the power came right back)

So while an NA motor needs everything it can get to make sure it has the least amount of work to get the air to the pistons... once you add a blower, a lot of things don't really matter that much.

And thats my .02 based on the hundreds of tunes, and thousands of hours spent on the dyno/track

Erik
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 01:35 PM   #3
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Thanks for the reply. I already have headers installed, and a ported TB. I have an MSD ported manifold too that I will sell and a cold air intake. If I get the Procharger I will just have the headers and Katech ported stock TB. So in your experience, I should be good on the stock fuel system?

Old 08-22-2017, 01:53 PM   #4
ProCharger

Drives: Many C7's
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LE Red Dragon View Post
Thanks for the reply. I already have headers installed, and a ported TB. I have an MSD ported manifold too that I will sell and a cold air intake. If I get the Procharger I will just have the headers and Katech ported stock TB. So in your experience, I should be good on the stock fuel system?
If it was my car...

Personally I would sell the intake, and the throttle body.

Use that money for the LT4 pump, and supporting fuel parts.
Then you can run a smaller blower pulley and make some real power.
ProCharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2017, 02:00 PM   #5
1LE Red Dragon
Train Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
If it was my car...

I like that idea. However I need the money from the manifold, and air intake to put towards the Procharger. I really don't want more than 600 whp. This is a daily driver, so much more than that require dedicated drag radials on the street. I had an 2013 1LE with Eforce blower making 580 whp. It was plenty fast, enough to scare or impress anybody who road in it except in the summer. It did not like the heat, lost a lot of power.

Old 08-24-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Daniel20162ss

Drives: 2016 2ss
Hey procharger, im doing exactly what you said above and sold my ported tb/intake and my cai, and plan to buy some fuel stuff. With fuel, what should I be buying? I know what fuel system consists of injectors, hpfp, lpfp. But what is necessary to replace in fuel components while running on stock bottom end and max power, not pushing it so far that ive gotta worry everytime I mash the skinny pedal, but getting all the power possible. Injectors are good til?? High sides good til?? Low sides good til?? I just dont want to throw everything at it and it be un needed! Thanks!
Daniel20162ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 05:22 PM   #7
Swagger
DaWolfOfAllStreets

Drives: 17 C Coupe, 17 1LE, 16 Scion iA
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProCharger View Post
If it was my car...

Might you have any graphs of LT1 Vettes or Camaro's with your D1X at or above 12psi. Cammed or not cammed doesnt matter? Haven't really seen anyone with this motor on a D1X much less making 10psi or more
Swagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2017, 06:33 PM   #8
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
You'll make about 550ish to 580ish on a superb tune unless your fuel components are super happy. In 2017 boost should be paired with meth imo. Its super easy to hide in our cars (windshield tank) and a great safety/octane adder.

D1 on 4.25 pulley and 100% meth no other mods, i made 630 on a dynojet and laid down 652 on a different dyno (some guys with me said their numbers were low on the dyno my tuner used. Whatever its just a tool honestly)

Bottom line if you want to see that 6 number on the sheet, get meth.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote