Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

Bigwormgraphix

Old 10-23-2019, 10:22 AM   #1
greg0ry

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Thinking of selling my 19' 1LE, help!

Hi guys, I want to keep this question as simple and short as possible. I might be selling my 19' 1LE because I know maintenance is going to cost way more than the average car. Could you guys give me ideas on what I should expect maintenance and cost wise in the near, medium and far future? Car is at about 9K miles at the moment. How much more expensive is this car to maintain than your typical car or even just a normal SS? What should I be expecting if I keep it? Thank you.

*EDIT* Sadly, I do not plan to track really. Maybe once for fun, for now. I do like to hit canyons pretty often and I do daily the car!

Last edited by greg0ry; 10-23-2019 at 10:40 AM.
greg0ry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:26 AM   #2
GreatWhiteLT

Drives: 2016 Silver Ice Metallic SS
I think the major part of maintenance for the 1LE, is if you constantly track the car or use it for AutoX and such. If it is just your weekend car, daily driver, then I would look into better tires than the stock ones. They're designed for the track, while you definitely can use them for everyday use, they will wear down quicker. Aside from that, just the usual oil change, diff fluid, and other things with usual sports cars comes into play. Once you start racing it, constantly needing new tires after a couple events, different oil for the track, better/different brakes for better handling/performance around corners. I would enjoy the car and factor in if you are going to be racing it, and look into price of tires and usually how long they last, as well as track alignments and different oil changes from the dealership to run the proper track oil.
GreatWhiteLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:32 AM   #3
MP3BOOSTED

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE (F1A-94 FBO H/C)
This severely depends on how you drive the car itself. Also if you do your own work as far as oil changes, etc.
Performance Mods: F1A-94, DSX Flex Fuel Kit, MSD Spark Plug Wires, KOOK 2" off road headers, MBRP Race catback exhaust, Pray Performance Custom Boost Cam, Rocker Arm Trunion Upgrade Kit, 7.850" Hardened Chromemoly Length Pushrods and Johnson Racing 2110R Lifters, TSP CNC'd Heads, Ported MSD intake manifold, 103mm Katech Throttle body, Forged Pistons/Rods, RPM Meth kit, DSX Aux Fuel system, AEM Failsafe and banks gauge, LT4 HPFP, LT4 injectors, BMR motor mounts, Hurst Short Throw, Manley SS exhaust valves

Videos of my car? Check here: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCNi...Qy1OL4NVGlPogw
MP3BOOSTED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:38 AM   #4
greg0ry

Thank you so much for your reply. Food for thought and comfort in the mind as well. I don't plan on tracking. I daily the car maybe 15-20 miles a day average and I like to hit canyons every now and then on a weekend.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #5
greg0ry

I like to drift some corners and do little pulls here and there but nothing major! haha. No tracking, light canyon runs here and there maybe once a month. Thank you.
Old 10-23-2019, 10:41 AM   #6
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Just going to point out that what you'll lose in depreciation selling such a new car this early FAR outweighs your tires and oil changes.
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 10:46 AM   #7
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
Just going to point out that what you'll lose in depreciation selling such a new car this early FAR outweighs your tires and oil changes.
Great point. Was thinking about that
Old 10-23-2019, 11:21 AM   #8
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Things to consider before you buy a car!

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 11:24 AM   #9
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
I mean, if you aren't using the car in a performance setting, the cost of ownership, outside of fuel costs, won't be any different compared to a V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang or the like...
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 12:12 PM   #10
Laststandard

Drives: 2018 1SS 1LE
Compared to say, a base SS, extra cost will be from:

- Tires. Wider tires are more expensive. But if you're not doing track days you can swap to a more economical / longer lasting tire than the stock SC3

- Brakes. Big brake pads and rotors cost more.

- Mag ride struts and shocks. If / when they wear out they'll be more expensive to replace versus a standard unit.

Of course, you can also option an SS with big brakes and mag ride, and at that point the only added cost of a 1LE is the tires.

I'd say it's minimal in the scheme of things and if you're not tracking the car the lifespan of these things will be exponentially increased.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:23 PM   #11
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post

- Tires. Wider tires are more expensive. But if you're not doing track days you can swap to a more economical / longer lasting tire than the stock SC3

- Mag ride struts and shocks. If / when they wear out they'll be more expensive to replace versus a standard unit.

Of course, you can also option an SS with big brakes and mag ride, and at that point the only added cost of a 1LE is the tires.

I'd say it's minimal in the scheme of things and if you're not tracking the car the lifespan of these things will be exponentially increased.
That's some good info for me thank you so much <3
Old 10-23-2019, 12:32 PM   #12
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain View Post
I mean, if you aren't using the car in a performance setting, the cost of ownership, outside of fuel costs, won't be any different compared to a V6 Camaro, V6 Mustang or the like...
Lmao, that sounds sexy to me. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy it in the streets I don't let the car fully go to waste. I just don't track, for now til i'm in a better financial situation.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #13
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
LOL, after owning an M3 I have a completely different view of ownership costs.

The Camaro is a very affordable V8 sports car to own and maintain. Costs above a 'normal' car would be incremental as Laststandard pointed out. More oil, more tire, more brakes. You would pay for these things on any car, just a slight uptick for performance versions of those things.

Well worth it for the joy of driving a V8 I think, and likely lower than you fear.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #14
greg0ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laststandard View Post

Oo, also.. any idea typically when i'd need to look into fixing up my brakes/mag ride as a normal driver who doesn't drive the car toooo hard and doesn't track? Around what mile range and how much would the costs be? If you'd know! Ty.