Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions


Bigwormgraphix


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-18-2019, 03:07 PM   #57
MakCamaro
Makis
 
MakCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) AT8
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Richmond, London - UK
Posts: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by laynlo15 View Post
If you looking to make 550 to 600 on the stock fuel system you can do one of our 2300 Magnuson Heartbeats, Roto-Fab CAI and your good to go.Pick up a drag pack and go 10's. Magnuson will have lower IAT's and I think they are dropping the 2300 EBrock from their lineup. PM me if you have any other questions about our Magnuson Heartbeat.
Quote:
Originally Posted by arpad_m View Post
This ^^^

My car makes about 560 rwhp (at 7-8 psi) and it's an absolute joy to drive yet also a beast when I want it to be. Heat has not been an issue with the Maggie.
This is exactly the power I am after. My first concern is that I am in the UK (currently away for a month) and I will have to find someone reliable who can fit the supercharger. My second concern is shipping and import charges. Would it be much of a trouble to send me a quote - you can pm me. We can take it from there.

EDIT: Another question is, will you be able to remote tune my car after I install the Maggie and the CAI and what do I need for that?
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:11 PM   #58
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss A8, Npp
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 5,532
Makcamaro, we probably have a dealer in the UK, let me find out who that is for you.
__________________
2016 Camaro 6.2, Magnuson 2650 Heartbreaker, RotoFab, Lt4 short block (stock) BTR Cam kit, stock heads, stock trans/converter/diff. Kentshotrodgarage (M/T,Hoosier, Racestar Wheels), RPM RB, DSS, Gforce, Griptec Pulley Best 9.41@146 Best MPH 149 1/4 5.99@119 Best MPH 120 Best 60' 1.35. RWHP? Just a little HP Magnuson Employee/Driver
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:28 PM   #59
MakCamaro
Makis
 
MakCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) AT8
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Richmond, London - UK
Posts: 179
That’s fantastic. Please let me know. I might be able to convince a friend of mine who owns a 2018 SS, similar to mine, to supercharge his car as well
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2019, 03:40 PM   #60
laynlo15
 
laynlo15's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1ss A8, Npp
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: clark, mo
Posts: 5,532
That would also be awesome. I'll PM you when I find out.
__________________
2016 Camaro 6.2, Magnuson 2650 Heartbreaker, RotoFab, Lt4 short block (stock) BTR Cam kit, stock heads, stock trans/converter/diff. Kentshotrodgarage (M/T,Hoosier, Racestar Wheels), RPM RB, DSS, Gforce, Griptec Pulley Best 9.41@146 Best MPH 149 1/4 5.99@119 Best MPH 120 Best 60' 1.35. RWHP? Just a little HP Magnuson Employee/Driver
laynlo15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 04:31 AM   #61
MakCamaro
Makis
 
MakCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) AT8
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Richmond, London - UK
Posts: 179
My question would be which one is better: the Magnuson TVS2300 Heartbeat, or the Whipple? I am doing my own research of course, but any input from people who have already installed any one of those systems would be very much appreciated. What are the advantages and disadvantages of one over the other?

Also regarding the tuning of the car after fitting the supercharger, is this included in the price? And can this be done remotely?

I apologize for asking all these questions publicly, but I am completely novice on this platform and I think that other people can benefit from the feedback received as well.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 07:51 AM   #62
arpad_m

 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by MakCamaro View Post
My question would be which one is better: the Magnuson TVS2300 Heartbeat, or the Whipple? I am doing my own research of course, but any input from people who have already installed any one of those systems would be very much appreciated. What are the advantages and disadvantages of one over the other?

Also regarding the tuning of the car after fitting the supercharger, is this included in the price? And can this be done remotely?

I apologize for asking all these questions publicly, but I am completely novice on this platform and I think that other people can benefit from the feedback received as well.
The Whipple 2.9L whines more and the Maggie 2300 is more efficient with lower IAT's. They're both good for 1000 hp, I don't think you would go wrong with either one, but then I never had a Whipple and don't know your goals either, so I won't speculate any further, others will sure chime in.

You can get a generic tune with either supercharger included for free, but these won't be as good as a custom tune. Since you have an A8 trans, you'll very-very likely want that tuned as well, which basically means custom tune (and, when done right, an excellent transmisson). Remote tuning is possible just like on many other platforms, for example, with HP Tuners.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV | Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster | LT5 TB | JRE custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2019, 10:33 AM   #63
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 2,905
Where did you get the info that the Magnuson has lower IAT's? It has a little better efficiency which allows it to make similar power as the bigger Whipple but it still has to spin faster to make the power. The Whipple has a larger heat exchanger and IC system. I agree both are good units!!
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-[2SS Leather/NPP]
Perf. mods-[Whipple 2.9/LPE LT5 TB/Rotofab Dry/LT4 Fueling/Flex Fuel/CA ORP/FM NPP Axle back]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 AM   #64
arpad_m

 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
Where did you get the info that the Magnuson has lower IAT's? It has a little better efficiency which allows it to make similar power as the bigger Whipple but it still has to spin faster to make the power. The Whipple has a larger heat exchanger and IC system. I agree both are good units!!
I have to admit that my info isn't fully scientific. I researched these blowers a bit before my upgrade and the general consensus semeed to be that the Maggie had slightly lower IAT's, see http://www.magnusonsuperchargers.com...-62-382-bl.htm and https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=532399 as examples.

Again, I never had a Whipple and a true apples to apples comparison is difficult to find. I don't think the difference would be large, but it appears to be consistent, nobody claimed lower IAT's with the Whipple, unlike the other way around.

Happy to be corrected if you have experience with both systems. Heck, in the end I could hardly make up my mind, they both spec'd and tested so good.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV | Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster | LT5 TB | JRE custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:02 AM   #65
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 2,905
That is because in the link you posted the OP was running 16psi. Lol are you running 16psi? Both the Whipple and Maggie need additional cooling mods for that boost level for summer days to keep timing from being pulled.

My Whipple @ 8-9psi (where the average user will be) doesn't even go up 15 degrees after a pull. 70 degree day my supercharger IAT's stay around 105 cruising. I ran 5th gear out on a 85 degree day and they never went over 132.

That thread you linked is also cluttered with info from Centri guys that really don't understand the differences. PD blowers IAT sensors are located in the bottom of the charger down by the head. Centri's located in a much cooler spot. You have to tune the IAT spark retard table differently between the 2 to account for that. Mine doesn't pull timing until IAT reaches 154. So far from what I have seen it has never gotten close.

85 degree day, after a hot start, IAT's are 138...They come back down into the 120's not even a half mile down the road. I'm sure it probably makes a little more power when it's 50-70 degrees out but for the most part, PD blowers and high IAT's are highly over exaggerated and misunderstood for the most part. Anything running 16+ psi is gonna generate some significant heat in the summer. You are basically doubling the engines Horsepower compared to what it would make Naturally Aspirated at those boost levels.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-[2SS Leather/NPP]
Perf. mods-[Whipple 2.9/LPE LT5 TB/Rotofab Dry/LT4 Fueling/Flex Fuel/CA ORP/FM NPP Axle back]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2019, 10:12 AM   #66
MakCamaro
Makis
 
MakCamaro's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS (EU) AT8
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Richmond, London - UK
Posts: 179
Good info.
MakCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 09:13 PM   #67
Pindecko
 
Pindecko's Avatar
 
Drives: Summit white 2SS
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Alberta Canada
Posts: 34
Question for anyone running the 2300 heartbeat with just CAI, headers, tune on an M6 6gen. Do you get weird supercharger lag? Sometimes when shifting gears and then laying into it there is a solid 2-3 second delay before it gives me all the boost at once.
__________________
2016 summit white SS with 2300 Maggie Heartbeat, Rotofab CAI, kooks headers. Michelin PS4S tires.
Pindecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2019, 10:37 PM   #68
arpad_m

 
arpad_m's Avatar
 
Drives: 2018 2SS A8
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingLT1 View Post
That is because in the link you posted the OP was running 16psi. Lol are you running 16psi? Both the Whipple and Maggie need additional cooling mods for that boost level for summer days to keep timing from being pulled.

My Whipple @ 8-9psi (where the average user will be) doesn't even go up 15 degrees after a pull. 70 degree day my supercharger IAT's stay around 105 cruising. I ran 5th gear out on a 85 degree day and they never went over 132.

That thread you linked is also cluttered with info from Centri guys that really don't understand the differences. PD blowers IAT sensors are located in the bottom of the charger down by the head. Centri's located in a much cooler spot. You have to tune the IAT spark retard table differently between the 2 to account for that. Mine doesn't pull timing until IAT reaches 154. So far from what I have seen it has never gotten close.

85 degree day, after a hot start, IAT's are 138...They come back down into the 120's not even a half mile down the road. I'm sure it probably makes a little more power when it's 50-70 degrees out but for the most part, PD blowers and high IAT's are highly over exaggerated and misunderstood for the most part. Anything running 16+ psi is gonna generate some significant heat in the summer. You are basically doubling the engines Horsepower compared to what it would make Naturally Aspirated at those boost levels.
Thanks a lot for the info KingLT1, appreciate it and it all makes sense, of course I'm nowhere near that boost level, only ~8 psi here. This is why I said it's hard to find an apples to apples comparison, I thought the 50/50 injection would somewhat counterbalance the extra heat due to 16 psi for the OP's car in that thread. I'll have to data log a few clean pulls and compare with your numbers to get a better comparison.
__________________
2018 Camaro 2SS
G7E A8 NPP MRC NAV | Magnuson Heartbeat TVS2300 | Roto-Fab CAI | JMS PowerMAX voltage booster | LT5 TB | JRE custom tune
1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2019, 01:40 AM   #69
KingLT1


 
KingLT1's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 1SS NFG A8
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: 46804
Posts: 2,905
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pindecko View Post
Question for anyone running the 2300 heartbeat with just CAI, headers, tune on an M6 6gen. Do you get weird supercharger lag? Sometimes when shifting gears and then laying into it there is a solid 2-3 second delay before it gives me all the boost at once.
Sounds like a Tune issue.
__________________
2016 NFG 1SS A8
Options-[2SS Leather/NPP]
Perf. mods-[Whipple 2.9/LPE LT5 TB/Rotofab Dry/LT4 Fueling/Flex Fuel/CA ORP/FM NPP Axle back]
KingLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Tags
supercharger, supercharging

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.