Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2018, 03:14 PM   #29
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbeastSS2 View Post
I would say a super charger is in fact harder on an engine.

You do NOS because it kicks like a freight train all at once will no boost delay.

Why do you think the big boys have a supercharger and NOS. Because NOS gets you to the finish line quicker then just a super charger.

Myself I want natural aspirated on the street and NOS on the track.
That's a nice setup you got there. I'm new to Nitrous so that's why I'm asking questions so I don't go in blind (not trying to start an argument). I figured the $1500 was low which is why I can for help. I appreciate it from everyone. The tuner did say that no extra "fuel" is needed with their setup so that takes out that cost (sorry as I forget why or how it would be setup). Starting to think I should look into a CAM instead lol.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 05:19 PM   #30
wnta1ss

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 13BlackCamaroSS View Post
The tuner did say that no extra "fuel" is needed with their setup so that takes out that cost (sorry as I forget why or how it would be setup).
The basic LT1 kits from NX and Nitrous Outlet tap into the factory fuel supply which is probably what the tuner means by no extra. Such a setup depends on the stock low-pressure pump and there's only so much extra demand you could reasonably expect to put on it before you'd need to upgrade the pump. The NX instructions say to upgrade the pump if you want to use over a 100 shot, for example.
wnta1ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2018, 07:07 PM   #31
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
Quote:
That's a nice setup you got there. I'm new to Nitrous so that's why I'm asking questions so I don't go in blind (not trying to start an argument). I figured the $1500 was low which is why I can for help. I appreciate it from everyone. The tuner did say that no extra "fuel" is needed with their setup so that takes out that cost (sorry as I forget why or how it would be setup). Starting to think I should look into a CAM instead lol.
Saying "no extra fuel is needed" is kind of iffy, unless you already told them you have a stockish car. Your fuel system can support so much volume. The more power
Your engine makes without spray (say by adding bolt ons, cam, heads etc), the more volume it needs to the injectors to maintain what is referred to as "stoich" or in laymen's terms, your ideal AFR. So the more fuel your engine takes up, the less is available for, let's say a nitrous setup, because your fuel system can only put out so much.

Even though it's a pretty safe bet on a stock or bolt on car, any decent shop should check your fuel pressure while they are setting up your nitrous. That and reading your spark plugs, to make sure the timing is right. All of that should be included in your "tune."

If they aren't doing that, I would steer clear.

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 12:10 AM   #32
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Quote:
All good, ask away with your questions. I certainly don’t know every aspect of the NOS world or pretend to be a professional. But I have modded cars since 1977 and I take my time with research, I ask a lot of questions too, and read a lot. I feel pretty confident in what I do, and have car buddies and we bounce questions off each other.

It’s your car and go the route that makes you happy.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 101 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote