Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 03-29-2016, 03:36 PM   #15
AC48

Drives: '16 2SS
Sorry to hear of your issue, I am interested in what the cause was. I am not an electrical engineer, mechanical actually. 9 times out of 10 I came across an electrical issue, it's actually a mechanical failure, such as relay/contactors etc. mechanically failing to properly close or open a circuit. If something were to short circuit, you likely would end up with a blown fuse somewhere. Sounds like there could be a loose connection or faulty switch causing an intermittent closed circuit when it should be open, causing the seat to move. Does it happen more often when changing speeds or directions? It is kind of odd how many seat related issues there have been with Camaros.

Keep us posted and be safe!
Old 03-29-2016, 05:44 PM   #16
vtirocz

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
Yea, if that's the ONLY issue.. But I'm not a car guy so I can't just start unplugging anything.. The tech told me to cancel the movement out by doing what I stated above. But like others have said, what if this fails.

The tech gave me the A-OK to LEAVE the shop with the car. So I assume all responsibility is his and GM. I know if the shop deems the car un-safe they will not release it unless its towed and I sign a waiver. Now that I think about it, more than one person is on the hook for this and I have to talk with GM.

This is a HUGE upset for me and my safety
You posted above on a public forum that you perceive this to be a huge safety issue, yet indicate you are continuing to drive with it. You officially have skin in the game if something were to happen due to this.

I'd either unplug the seat connector(s) or pull the fuse(s) associated with the driver seat motor and get the issue fixed ASAP, especially if it's repeatable.
vtirocz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:06 PM   #17
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vtirocz View Post
You posted above on a public forum that you perceive this to be a huge safety issue, yet indicate you are continuing to drive with it. You officially have skin in the game if something were to happen due to this.

I'd either unplug the seat connector(s) or pull the fuse(s) associated with the driver seat motor and get the issue fixed ASAP, especially if it's repeatable.
He also stated that his only car was the 50k machine that tried killing him then later says hes driving his Honda FIT

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 06:46 PM   #18
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
He also stated that his only car was the 50k machine that tried killing him then later says hes driving his Honda FIT

I purchased the car, drove it 4 hours south 12 hours after purchasing the car..When I arrived at my destination I dropped the car of at the local dealer.. Then the next day I had to get my car back to DRIVE BACK home, 4 hours north..

So again.... I ONLY had my Camaro 4 HOURS AWAY from my home where my secondary vehicle was parked. Dealer stated the car was "safe" to drive back as they found a "temporary" solution which involved cancelling the seat movement by activating something else.

I took the dealers word and expertise and drove the car back up, AFTER explicitly letting them know why I needed the car back, and if they agreed I could make it back... You REALLY think I would have NOT left the car there and taken a loaner to get this issue fixed, if I had the chance?

Think about that then get back to me..

But, just so I know, was this a good enough explanation?
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:10 PM   #19
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Quote:

I purchased the car, drove it 4 hours south 12 hours after purchasing the car..When I arrived at my destination I dropped the car of at the local dealer.. Then the next day I had to get my car back to DRIVE BACK home, 4 hours north..

So again.... I ONLY had my Camaro 4 HOURS AWAY from my home where my secondary vehicle was parked. Dealer stated the car was "safe" to drive back as they found a "temporary" solution which involved cancelling the seat movement by activating something else.

I took the dealers word and expertise and drove the car back up, AFTER explicitly letting them know why I needed the car back, and if they agreed I could make it back... You REALLY think I would have NOT left the car there and taken a loaner to get this issue fixed, if I had the chance?

Think about that then get back to me..

But, just so I know, was this a good enough explanation?

A little sensitive are we?

LOL relax man im just giving you $hit

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2016, 07:43 PM   #20
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
A little sensitive are we?

LOL relax man im just giving you $hit
My apologies. I took my days frustration out on you.. I realized my original story was not clear as it should have been when I wrote it as I was trying to get the message out as fast as possible..

As far as being on the hook.. The dealer told me they spoke with GM and actually had a GM engineer on the phone with them when they were trying to find the root cause of the problem.. He stated that the engineer gave the OK to use the car as he suspected it to only be a faulty short..... Regardless, I will keep everyone updated as this could be a problem someone else might face.. I simply just don't have time to drive 30 minutes to my "local" dealer right now..

I'll call tomorrow and see what my options are. Other than that... Man do I love this car... Getting into the fit feels awkward in so many ways..... ESPECIALLY when I'm on the highway!

CHEERS
Old 04-01-2016, 09:07 PM   #21
samsumon

GM executive office reached out to me.. Not sure how they got my number, will inform with results..

I was told they want to know everything before I take the car in, and they want the defective pieces to be sent directly to their engineering team ASAP....... Could this be more serious than we thought?
Old 04-01-2016, 10:26 PM   #22
usmcfiredog

Drives: 2016 Black 2SS
This is a very serious issue! We are just glad that nothing bad has happened.
Low Gloss Black 5 Spoke
usmcfiredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:44 AM   #23
mt3130

Drives: Coupeless :(
Quote:
GM executive office reached out to me.. Not sure how they got my number, will inform with results..

I was told they want to know everything before I take the car in, and they want the defective pieces to be sent directly to their engineering team ASAP....... Could this be more serious than we thought?
This is very serious to them, because it has the potential to cost them billions if its a design issue that results in car accidents and injuries.

The average person would not have kept their composure and thought through remedies on the fly like you did. Many would have ended up off the road or into the back of another car trying to figure out what to do.
mt3130 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:42 AM   #24
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt3130 View Post
This is very serious to them, because it has the potential to cost them billions if its a design issue that results in car accidents and injuries.

The average person would not have kept their composure and thought through remedies on the fly like you did. Many would have ended up off the road or into the back of another car trying to figure out what to do.
Thank you. I'm a pretty composed person and a fairly good driver... It's just now hitting me that if I would have been in an accident, this would have been a HUGE lawsuit.....

NOW, my question for everyone is this... Considering the issue, should I attempt to request a new car or should they just fix the issue, and be on my way???

My mom mentioned she is a firm believer in there always being a "possible" underlining defect with the car.. I think it could just be some faulty parts that can be swapped out.. Curious to hear your thoughts???

I will say one thing, I expect some sort of collateral from GM due to the situation at home.
Old 04-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #25
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
You can request a new car, but you won't get it, when you sign the buyers order you are accepting Chevrolet warranty and that states that they get the fix the problem not replace the car somewhere deep in the FinePrint. Just let them get to the bottom of this, fix the car and go have fun.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 11:48 AM   #26
samsumon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
You can request a new car, but you won't get it, when you sign the buyers order you are accepting Chevrolet warranty and that states that they get the fix the problem not replace the car somewhere deep in the FinePrint. Just let them get to the bottom of this, fix the car and go have fun.
I don't want a new car either... This is MY dream car and I can't wait to drive it like I stole it. Right now I just get to polish it and take it down the road .2 miles to my backyard and take pictures lol. But if they find several issues and it requires more than just a part or two being switched out, then the nerves will be there...
Old 04-02-2016, 11:59 AM   #27
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Yup, if car goes longer than a week or two and involves redesign or a parts production change, youll have simple grounds for some compensation, usually your car payment and a loaner......as first step.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2016, 11:32 AM   #28
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
How does the seat moves? Up, down, back, forward? Could as simple as the seat memory switch. Go into the infotainment center and turn everything off what has to do with the seats. Memory recall, easy exit function.