Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-20-2016, 07:28 AM   #15
TheHorse13

Drives: 2011 Black SS M6
If you qualify for your state's lemon law requirements, you will learn an all new level of frustration when dealing with GM. A few others here, including myself, have had this unfortunate experience.
TheHorse13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 07:39 AM   #16
mgwarlock
Nightfall Gray Blackout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHorse13 View Post
If you qualify for your state's lemon law requirements, you will learn an all new level of frustration when dealing with GM. A few others here, including myself, have had this unfortunate experience.
Took my Ford Expedition to the dealer for a leaking water when it's raining. Now when it rains, there is a waterfall coming in.
Hard to find a good mechanic at the dealer, the good ones usually own a successful repair shop.

Hope you get your ride fix, good luck.
mgwarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 04:57 PM   #17
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgwarlock View Post
Took my Ford Expedition to the dealer for a leaking water when it's raining. Now when it rains, there is a waterfall coming in.
Hard to find a good mechanic at the dealer, the good ones usually own a successful repair shop.

Hope you get your ride fix, good luck.
So aggravating.

Oh, you wanted to stop the leaking? I thought you wanted more leaking at a faster rate with puddles and stuff. Oh, you wanted me to test that I fixed the leak? That would mean I would need to get a hose and simulate a heavy rain event. That sounds like too much work so I will basically just give you the car back to you and go about my day and hopefully you will just go away and not bother me anymore.

Remember when folks took pride in their work?
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2016, 05:40 PM   #18
Netslave
GM paint evaluation dept

Drives: Too many to list
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
So aggravating.

Oh, you wanted to stop the leaking? I thought you wanted more leaking at a faster rate with puddles and stuff. Oh, you wanted me to test that I fixed the leak? That would mean I would need to get a hose and simulate a heavy rain event. That sounds like too much work so I will basically just give you the car back to you and go about my day and hopefully you will just go away and not bother me anymore.

^ Exactly. Same experience in '98 with my first Jeep wrangler. Like an idiot I took it to the dealership to have them fix the hardtop water leak. Two times in and no fix. I asked the tech if they had a garden hose so I could show them the leak areas. I was 25 and these 40+ year old men looked at me like I was Einstein. I ended up fixing it myself through trial and error and am still doing it to the '15 we own now for the simple reason dealership techs are mostly morons.

- A GM factory custom orange and mosaic black striped 2016 SS 2SS
- U̶n̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶i̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ Officially the worst Mosaic Black paint on a 2016 Camaro SS 2SS

See him here -

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...3M&usp=sharing
Netslave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:15 PM   #19
Marty McFlew
Banned

Drives: 17 SuperSport Camaro 6 on the Flo'
Quote:
Originally Posted by priusowners View Post
Someone else posted a problem that turned out to be a loose fuse.

While searching for a CAGS (skip-shift) fuse I noticed all of the fuses
were at different heights, with some only pushed in 1/2 way & NONE
fully seated in both the under-hood & trunk bays.

Had no electrical issues but still wouldn't hurt to fully seat all fuses.
Bad QC.
Marty McFlew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2016, 12:18 PM   #20
63falcondude

Drives: 16 Camaro, 11 Stryker, 00 Explorer
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor5244 View Post
So aggravating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Netslave View Post
^ Exactly. Same experience in '98 with my first Jeep wrangler. Like an idiot I took it to the dealership to have them fix the hardtop water leak. Two times in and no fix. I asked the tech if they had a garden hose so I could show them the leak areas. I was 25 and these 40+ year old men looked at me like I was Einstein. I ended up fixing it myself through trial and error and am still doing it to the '15 we own now for the simple reason dealership techs are mostly morons.
So true. "If you want it done right, you have to do it yourself"

1100 12/14/2015
3000 1/8/2016 (TPW 2/1)
3800 2/1/2016
5000 3/5/2016
63falcondude is offline   Reply With Quote