Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 12-13-2015, 07:13 PM   #15
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
Poss feb.....I don't have enough time in the seat yet to tell you, but it's a very different car. And the electronics are a step ahead too. Stereo is best of all three ive owned, for sure.
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 07:22 PM   #16
Tr6
The Dogfather

Drives: #1 off the line for a customer. '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric SS View Post
Would a reputable detail shop do a "first detail" if I asked? What they know what I'm talking about? I think I'd rather pay someone to do this.
Yes, they definitely would. But charge you probably 400 bucks where as you could do it for under 80 bucks (without an orbital) but your own labor.
#33 off the line #1 order for Customer.
Build thread HERE!
Story of my delivery HERE!
Tr6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:01 PM   #17
davet435
davet

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black
Send a message via Yahoo to davet435
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
10-4.....ill probably CQUK it sometime next year. Great stuff.....

I did not decon the paint ,but will do the wheels tomm with Sonax decon, and then carpro hydro2 the wheels . Love that stuff, drives sealant deep into the crevices by water....very cool.
AG forum member?? You use UK in Florida? I used CQuartz my first attempt at a coating. Bottle tops were cracked. I tried to use it anyway. Just did the hood...what a nightmare! I just got the Hydro2 and the Lite. Mainly for wheels and the frame rails, leaf springs, etc. on my wife's 2015 F150 Lariat.
I just ordered some CQuartz because I really like the Essence. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use on it. I ordered Polish Angel primer and coating today. I haven't used it before, but kind of leaning that way. Have you ever used PA?
davet435 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:14 PM   #18
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by davet435 View Post
AG forum member?? You use UK in Florida? I used CQuartz my first attempt at a coating. Bottle tops were cracked. I tried to use it anyway. Just did the hood...what a nightmare! I just got the Hydro2 and the Lite. Mainly for wheels and the frame rails, leaf springs, etc. on my wife's 2015 F150 Lariat.
I just ordered some CQuartz because I really like the Essence. I'm still not sure what I'm going to use on it. I ordered Polish Angel primer and coating today. I haven't used it before, but kind of leaning that way. Have you ever used PA?
Autopia....
Nope, too loaded up on blackfire, carpro stuff and meg's 105/205.....no shelf room!
Old 12-13-2015, 08:36 PM   #19
davet435
davet

Quote:
Autopia....
Nope, too loaded up on blackfire, carpro stuff and meg's 105/205.....no shelf room!
I don't go on that forum much. I just started buying a lot of my product from them. Becoming a Connect customer over Black Friday weekend worked out really well for me lol
Your the perfect one to ask, how is the orange peel on this car. Someone said it was better than Gen 5's. Is it just a little better, or close to non existent?
Old 12-13-2015, 08:51 PM   #20
Glen e

Quote:
I don't go on that forum much. I just started buying a lot of my product from them. Becoming a Connect customer over Black Friday weekend worked out really well for me lol
Your the perfect one to ask, how is the orange peel on this car. Someone said it was better than Gen 5's. Is it just a little better, or close to non existent?
im a tech contrib on the Corvette forum and have been involved heavily with this OP problem on the Corvette. Its pretty bad, I wetsanded mine. The Camaro is much, much better, I would put it on the level of a solid euro hi line paint job today. I would wet sand the camaro if it!was going to be a show car , but for a daily driver Its fine with a finishing polish. I have inspected two up close, and both were good.

This was the rear fender on the 1LT c6 showroom car on Friday, and it's got pretty good depth of reflection before any correction:
Old 12-13-2015, 09:13 PM   #21
mcsoul

Drives: Want a gen 6
Bright split spokes looking good!
mcsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 09:31 PM   #22
davet435
davet

Quote:
im a tech contrib on the Corvette forum and have been involved heavily with this OP problem on the Corvette. Its pretty bad, I wetsanded mine. The Camaro is much, much better, I would put it on the level of a solid euro hi line paint job today. I would wet sand the camaro if it!was going to be a show car , but for a daily driver Its fine with a finishing polish. I have inspected two up close, and both were good.

This was the rear fender on the 1LT c6 showroom car on Friday, and it's got pretty good depth of reflection before any correction:
That's looks a lot better than my 2015. Glad it is. If it came through like my 2015 I was considering wet sanding it.

Hopefully I get the car soon. Not a single car has hit the DFW metroplex yet.

have you used the Blackfire coating yet? I Picked up a couple bottles from AG on BOGO, then ended up getting two free bottles from Autopia.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:44 PM   #23
Glen e

Quote:

have you used the Blackfire coating yet? I Picked up a couple bottles from AG on BOGO, then ended up getting two free bottles from Autopia.
No, but a good detailer friend likes it, says it spreads well.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:51 PM   #24
jimmypop13

Drives: 2016 camaro ss
Quote:
1. wash and Nanoskin prep towel (much nicer than clay)
2. Finishing polish: Menzerna 4500, white med pad with a Griot's CORDLESS orbital. (get one for Xmas, they are great!)
3. One coat of Backfire Crystal Seal - prob one more next wash,. all of 15 min.

I put all my "how to" detailing docs in a dropbox if you want more info.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/acxkaf44c...VlC5djtQa?dl=0

enjoy!
Thanks for the tips. I fully plan to try this this coming weekend. What are some other products to check out after this to keep the car looking good on a daily/weekly basis? I've always used Zaino in the past on my previous cars but I'm looking for a change and I'm low on supply so now would be a good time to try some other products.

Thanks!
jimmypop13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 10:20 PM   #25
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmypop13 View Post
Thanks for the tips. I fully plan to try this this coming weekend. What are some other products to check out after this to keep the car looking good on a daily/weekly basis? I've always used Zaino in the past on my previous cars but I'm looking for a change and I'm low on supply so now would be a good time to try some other products.

Thanks!
One of the latest slick ways to keep your car looking good is with a rinse less wash. Not a waterless wash. Here's the docs…

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/vt2pngsnv...nTAhOsRua?dl=0
Old 12-14-2015, 03:06 PM   #26
davet435
davet

Quote:
No, but a good detailer friend likes it, says it spreads well.
Yes but you do have to use the entire bottle within 30 days of opening it. It didn't play real well with the essence lol
Old 12-14-2015, 03:10 PM   #27
Glen e

Quote:
Yes but you do have to use the entire bottle within 30 days of opening it. It didn't play real well with the essence lol
Wow, not liking the 30 day thing, oh well, cquk works great for me. Reload...not so much.....
Old 12-14-2015, 05:58 PM   #28
davet435
davet

I've got a bottle of regular CQuartz also. Seems to be a lot of people having issues with regular CQuartz application. I don't know what skill level they are though. I don't imagine it can be worse than C1/EXO.
I've heard about a lot of streaking with reload. That's the issue I'm hearing about CQuartz also.