#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > New Member Introductions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-09-2021, 12:19 PM   #1
mgiambanco

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
Hi from Tampa, FL

Hi Everyone!

Proud owner of a brand new (last friday) 2021 2LT 4 cyl Redline Camaro just outside Tampa in Oldsmar. Soon to be former owner of 2016 Ecoboost Mustang (convertible as well) (maybe - might keep it as a project car - f' with that and not the camaro lol)

As much as they're direct competitors, the fit and finish on the Camaro is so much nicer than the Mustang IMO. Was a great car, but I like the Camaro so much more.

We modified the Mustang pretty heavily (CF wing, fiberglass hood / fenders, racing seats / harnesses / wrapped, Methanol injection, flow master exhaust, catch can, mbrp downpipe, waste gate, etc...)

Think I'm gonna keep this one pretty stock, maybe - minor cosmetic things here and there I think.

Did the under body led (almost said neon - it's been some time lol) lights last weekend. Window tint is coming this week (5% all around because #florida)

Kinda missing the interior accent lighting from the mustang - that was a nice touch - I've seen people do it on the forum / doesn't look to difficult to do.

Question(s) ?

-- What's the max speed you can operate the top? Love that it hides in the trunk but damn it kills the trunk space. Barely got 2 beach bags in it.
-- I've seen the discussion on what the block can handle and the basics to do - CAI looks like it's not worth it. Some say the 67mm throttle body helps.
-- The flowmaster exhaust on the Mustang was just to damn loud - can't even talk to your passenger while driving. If I change the exhaust on the Camaro, I wanna go with an active one where I can quiet it down. Any suggestions ?

Blew up the engine on the Mustang last spring (think the tune was to aggressive or maybe it was the methanol) - trying to avoid that this time around lol...

Also - all the names are sooooo confusing. 2LT is a trim level, right? and LT2 is a v8 engine? Redline is printed on the red accent on the trunk so I assume thats yet another trim level ? Dealer wasn't super knowledgeable and the car was still wrapped from delivery when we bought it so he didn't know much about it (not even sure I have the window sticker lol)

Anyway - excited to be a member!

-Mario
Attached Images

mgiambanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 07:04 PM   #2
gtfoxy
Account Suspended

Drives: '21 Wild Cherry ZL1
Welcome.

2LT is a trim package. Redline is an accent package.

Watch out for peop,e running red lights.
gtfoxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 05:19 AM   #3
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to Camaro5/6. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wives', husbands, girlfriends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Old 03-10-2021, 05:33 AM   #4
Chevelle vs Camaro

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Hi from Tampa, FL

Welcome and nice car. I went from a S550 GT convertible to a 1ss hard top. I two miss the interior LEDs but they are easy to do.

You can get them in Amazon and pretty simple to install. Will control with an app now and not in dash.

I like your underglow been contemplating doing it my self.

As for exhaust i think in general the Mustangs are louder. I had a axle back Roush and Steeda H pipe and it sounded vicious. Complements at every ralley, meet or from other Mustang owners.

My SS has an AWE touring cat back and it’s pretty quiet till you get on it. Maybe try their touring axle back. Should fit the bill

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Chevelle vs Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2021, 07:55 AM   #5
mgiambanco

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2LT
For the Mustang, americanmuscle.com was a great resource for parts. Who's the major distro for the Camaro? I feel like the aftermarket for the Camaro is very disjointed. Ie: no 1 place to go for everything.

Anyone like Steeda for the Camaro? They always treated me well. Got the CAI, jacking rails, strut tower brace, rims and first tune from them.
mgiambanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 09:33 AM   #6
floyd haughton

Drives: 2010victoryred2lt
looks great welcome
floyd haughton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:40 AM   #7
EvilZL

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Welcome
EvilZL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 10:32 PM   #8
CamaroFan63
Sullie63

Drives: '15 1LT Summit White
Welcome and Congrats. . . !
Oracle clear side markers / LLmar tint sides and rear.
Strut bar / Husky Floor liners
Member of SICC. Southern Illinois Camaro Club
CamaroFan63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2021, 07:50 PM   #9
hkittrell

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1SS/RS 1LE
Welcome
hkittrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 06:42 PM   #10
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
Hello and welcome!

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:06 PM   #11
witenite

Drives: 2010 2SS non RS
Welcome!