Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Nav, Radar, Electronics

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-29-2021, 07:35 PM   #15
kayla72911
Account Suspended

Drives: 2021 ZLE
Anyone know the rms the amp puts to the rear 6x9s?
kayla72911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 04:31 PM   #16
headgamez

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
Just an FYI, for anyone running the Zen AVB-GM, there was a firmware update in September that you can download. Not 100% sure what it fixes, but just in case...
Hey SW, did you ever get the system completed?? I was following closely on DIYMA
Old 04-01-2021, 06:20 AM   #17
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by headgamez View Post
Hey SW, did you ever get the system completed?? I was following closely on DIYMA
I kind of did...then I actually decided to redo things.
I never was able to get a replacement minidsp (they ghosted me) so I ended up replacing my amp with a Helix P-SIX and my subs with a JL Stealthbox 12W6V3, which I'm still waiting for, and a Helix P-ONE as a sub amp. Once I have these installed I'll update my build thread.
I'm still using the NavTV unit and it's been fine so far.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:24 AM   #18
SWRocket

Drives: 2021 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayla72911 View Post
Anyone know the rms the amp puts to the rear 6x9s?
If you know their impedance (2Ohm or 4Ohm) you can put a multimeter on the speaker terminals and calculate it. The only issue is you'll have to run a 50Hz sine wave at almost max volume and I think the factory Bose amp attenuates the bass at high volume...plus, it's not fun listening to a 50Hz sine wave lol.
2021 2SS A10 - Summit White - NPP - MRC - Adrenaline Red Interior Pkg - Black Appearance Pkg - Ground Effect Pkg - Suede Steering Wheel and shifter - Red Calipers - Carbon Flash Wheels w black lug nuts - DD Tinted Side Markers - Hero Tinted Rear Reflectors - Redline Fender Badges - 20% Tint
Audio System Build Log
-----------------------------------------------------------
2014 Z/28 Summit White - sold 2020
2010 2SS/RS Summit White - sold 2014
SWRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 06:46 AM   #19
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWRocket View Post
If you know their impedance (2Ohm or 4Ohm) you can put a multimeter on the speaker terminals and calculate it. The only issue is you'll have to run a 50Hz sine wave at almost max volume and I think the factory Bose amp attenuates the bass at high volume...plus, it's not fun listening to a 50Hz sine wave lol.
Yes the factory system has active bass attenuation to the rear package shelf speakers to prevent overdriving and clipping at all volume levels and bass levels.

That's why in order to get a proper sounding system in this car that does not roll the bass off at higher volumes you need to completely gut everything and start from scratch, replacing the factory Bose amp with a Zen AVB processor, all new aftermarket amps to run all the speakers front and rear, and completely new speakers all the way around.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote