Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southeast

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

View Poll Results: What days are you planning to attend
Friday 6 66.67%
Saturday 9 100.00%
Sunday 3 33.33%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-20-2020, 09:19 AM   #29
Nucdancer01

Drives: 2019 Satin Steel ZL1 1LE
I don't have an online hosting site, we'll just go with an attachment.
Attached Images

Nucdancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 04:18 AM   #30
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
Update. There are over 40 drivers committed on our facebook event page signed up to go. 300 more interested. Lol. We will see about that. Anyway the hotel is accepting reservations. There is a group rate available for $100 per night. Holiday Inn Suites in Sweetwater TN. Tell them you are with ETSR Eastern Tennessee Street Rods. More to come.
This looks very cool. I will be following. Can't pull the trigger now but will know soon. Sounds like a blast. I may not stay all three days as it takes me two days to get there. What day would you recommend? Thanks for posting.
Old 02-24-2020, 03:16 PM   #31
crossroaddemons

Drives: 1971 Chevy Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driski View Post
This looks very cool. I will be following. Can't pull the trigger now but will know soon. Sounds like a blast. I may not stay all three days as it takes me two days to get there. What day would you recommend? Thanks for posting.
We are coming from
Jersey. We plan on being there Friday -Sunday. If you can only attend one day I would recommend Saturday. If you can do two Friday will be more time on the Dragon itself. Saturday is a bigger touring day with the potential for even more drivers. If possible I would recommend leave Wednesday night and arrive Thursday late in the day. We can make TN in 10.5 hours. You obviously have a greater distance to travel. Let me know what your plans are maybe we can sync up on the highway depending when you leave.
crossroaddemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 05:47 PM   #32
Driski

Drives: 2016 Camaro Convertible 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossroaddemons View Post
We are coming from
Jersey. We plan on being there Friday -Sunday. If you can only attend one day I would recommend Saturday. If you can do two Friday will be more time on the Dragon itself. Saturday is a bigger touring day with the potential for even more drivers. If possible I would recommend leave Wednesday night and arrive Thursday late in the day. We can make TN in 10.5 hours. You obviously have a greater distance to travel. Let me know what your plans are maybe we can sync up on the highway depending when you leave.
I will, and thank you!
Old 03-08-2020, 10:20 AM   #33
crossroaddemons

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_gZ...w?usp=drivesdk

Just a quick teaser from our Dragon exploits. We are now up to 77 cars and many more are expected to attend. Stay tuned for more details.
Old 03-08-2020, 10:35 AM   #34
Danew_377
Chief Bief

Drives: Nightfall Gray Camaro 1SS
Would be nice but I’ll be overseas in Japan by that time. I’ll be looking for your 2022 run if it’s still going.

Wish y’all the best and safe travels.

2016 NFG 1SS M6
JLT Intake, LT2 Manifold, LT5 TB, CSP 2" headers, AWE Catback Exhaust, Apex ARC-8 Wheels.
426whp/434wtq
Danew_377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #35
Nucdancer01

Any thoughts about the COVID-19 affecting this ride?

My wife has already had 2 trips cancelled this spring due to travel and/or accommodations..
Old 03-18-2020, 07:58 AM   #36
crossroaddemons

To answer this question completely my partner and I will be in contact with the hotel. Realistically speaking the amount of contact with other persons is fairly minimal. The hotel itself will be a common meeting point and we will strongly advise anyone who has suffered health issues not to attend for safety reasons. Eating establishments may be impacted for sit down dining but we won’t know till we get closer. Jersey restaurants are all restricted to take out only for now. The other thing to consider is exponential curves. It is anticipated we may reach that point within two months time. If the spike in cases doesn’t rise by that point our nations efforts to mitigate the spread will appear to be working. Outside of that I don’t know of any other pressing issue we would face. More to come.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:46 AM   #37
nancygrl
雪の玉

Drives: '22 Z71 RST Silverado
NC is under a statewide directive to take-out or delivery for restaurants, bars etc.
nancygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 11:12 AM   #38
Martinjlm
Retired from GM

Drives: 2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
As it turns out, I'll be riding the Dragon a few days before this outing. I'll be on my way to a golf outing that happens at the same time or else I would certainly be joining this party. This is the beastie that I will be tossing through the curves. Hopefully I won't be leaving any parts on the trail. If I do, you guys can keep whatever fits.

Would've loved to have posted a picture of my first and so far only run through the Dragon just before last year's CamaroFest. Unfortunately I got on the trail 12 minutes after the last pics were taken and posted and it rained all the next day.
Attached Images

A8 | MRC | NPP | Nav | HUD | GM Performance CAI | Tony Mamo LT1 V2 Ported TB | Kooks 1-7/8” LT Headers | FlexFuel Tune | Thinkware Q800 Pro front and rear dash cam | Charcoal Tint for Taillights and 3rd Brakelight | Orange and Carbon Fiber Bowties | 1LE Wheels in Gunmetal Gray | Carbon Fiber Interior Overlays | Novistretch bra and mirror covers | Tow hitch for bicycle rack |

Martinjlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2020, 12:08 PM   #39
crossroaddemons

Understandably there may be impacts for food services as those impact many people in a host of states already. We will continue to monitor that so people are informed. Knowing the challenges that may exist is key to preparing adequately. Keep in mind this is about 60 days from now and things will likely change in the coming weeks. We have spoken with the hotel and it is BAU other than the pool being closed. That shouldn’t be an issue for us. Additionally the city of Sweetwater has not imposed any other restrictions at this time. More to come.
Old 03-18-2020, 12:35 PM   #40
Nucdancer01

Fingers crossed that we can continue this!
Old 03-18-2020, 05:32 PM   #41
crossroaddemons

We have a huge group planning to attend. Myself and the other coordinators for this rally want nothing more than to have a safe, enjoy experience for all. The things that run through my mind are the same as everyone. Thinking forward I would be amazed if 2 months from now there are still question marks like there are today. While we are all hopeful the spread of the virus slows we will know in the coming weeks whether that spike is climbing or not. Aside from that my focus is on making sure we have accommodations, adequate food establishments and fuel. Food and gas will continue to be available as they are necessities. The only impact will be the ability for people to eat in rather than out. We wouldn’t be able to find a restaurant to feed everyone all at one time anyway so I’ll have a trunk full of sports drinks and granola bars. If I’m going to die I am going to be full of electrolytes. Ha!
Old 03-18-2020, 09:18 PM   #42
crossroaddemons

This is off their official event page. Looks like they are getting ready for us!
Attached Images