Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-18-2021, 05:10 PM   #29
SixgenSix

Drives: 2020 SHOCK SS 1LE
I recently ordered the GM interior spectrum lighting from my dealer. I asked the parts guy if he could match Thatgmpartsguy.com price and he said sure no problem. Even if you find GM parts online cheaper, the shipping costs kill the savings IMO. Make nice with your local GM parts guy, majority of the time they are cool and have no problem giving discounts. Filters, oil and parts they are cool giving a discount. At least at my dealer's parts dept. they are.
SixgenSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2021, 05:37 PM   #30
Bob RS

Drives: 2019 Camaro RS 1LT
Next time I need to ordered parts from gm I will check with my dealership parts person and see if they will match the other gm sites lower prices if not I can try elsewhere.
Bob RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:08 PM   #31
donniedarko

Drives: 2021 LT1 A10 RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
But 3rd party phone cases don’t void your Apple care contract! That’s where the OEMs are getting you. Put the GM CAI on and get the dealer approved tune that comes with it and you’re good. Put the 3rd party CAI on and have it tuned and you can kiss your warranty bye bye.

Want proof? There’s a recent thread here where someone put “cosmetic” items on inc LED taillights, and has been having electrical problems. Dealer has now told him they won’t fix it under warranty because of the taillights he installed (and since removed and replaced with originals)...too late damage is done.
Not for 2021. They are not offering the intake, nor ECU/MAF recalibration. My dealer confirmed and so shopchevyparts sales person. Very disappointing. I have a 2020 CAI for my 2021 car and not sure what to do.
donniedarko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 03:36 PM   #32
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixgenSix View Post
I recently ordered the GM interior spectrum lighting from my dealer. I asked the parts guy if he could match Thatgmpartsguy.com price and he said sure no problem. Even if you find GM parts online cheaper, the shipping costs kill the savings IMO. Make nice with your local GM parts guy, majority of the time they are cool and have no problem giving discounts. Filters, oil and parts they are cool giving a discount. At least at my dealer's parts dept. they are.
That's great to hear! I'm in SoCal as well, do you mind sharing the dealership?
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 12:20 PM   #33
NeverDie
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by TP2SS View Post
But 3rd party phone cases don’t void your Apple care contract! That’s where the OEMs are getting you. Put the GM CAI on and get the dealer approved tune that comes with it and you’re good. Put the 3rd party CAI on and have it tuned and you can kiss your warranty bye bye.

Want proof? There’s a recent thread here where someone put “cosmetic” items on inc LED taillights, and has been having electrical problems. Dealer has now told him they won’t fix it under warranty because of the taillights he installed (and since removed and replaced with originals)...too late damage is done.
So if you attach a non-OEM approved aftermarket part to the intake of the vehicle and modify the computer that controls it they will void a warranty.

Similarly, if you attach non-OEM electrical components controlled by the CANBUS the manufacturer will also not warranty the system that this impacts.

Wild, huh?
NeverDie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:09 PM   #34
shoe5163

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary SS
Search GM Parts and a couple hundred sites will come up, most are dealers that got smart and learned of the internet and are selling parts online as well as at the dealership, so they have another revenue stream. I usually look for the cheapest closest out of state one to order from so shipping is quick and cheap without paying taxes. A lot of them sell through Amazon so if you have a Prime membership it is usually free shipping. All you have to do is look at the seller and look for genuine GM Part.
shoe5163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 10:21 PM   #35
TP2SS

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
So if you attach a non-OEM approved aftermarket part to the intake of the vehicle and modify the computer that controls it they will void a warranty.

Similarly, if you attach non-OEM electrical components controlled by the CANBUS the manufacturer will also not warranty the system that this impacts.

Wild, huh?
Not sure if you think that I think that’s unreasonable. I don’t. If I provided a product that someone modified with something I had no say in, I would not want to honor a warranty either.
Magnetic Ride Control
Dual Mode Exhaust
2019+ version Split Spoke Silver Wheels
Navigation
Silver Rally Stripes
TP2SS is offline   Reply With Quote