Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Z/28 Discussions

Emblempros

Old 02-04-2021, 10:24 PM   #57
autoguy

Drives: 10 SS,11 SS Pace, 13 ZL1 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LateBrakeU2 View Post
Gen 5 Z is already collectable, just remains to be seen if valuations will rise. Think too much emphasis is being placed on out right performance. Plenty of faster cars out there now and were when it came out. It's a unicorn for several reason's. If there's no gen 7 Z, let alone a Camaro, there will never be another NA 427.
You guys that posted here a couple years ago need to relook at the current values of the 5th Gen Z/28. They went down to a certain point, and then made a U turn back up. Grab one now, I don't think they are going back down. The lowest mile examples and the rare color non A/C cars are bringing the best money. I was lucky to have found a 2,600 mile 2015 Black with A/C (Which is the most common build) back in September. I grabbed it before the seller realized what the actual market was. It was a private deal, and I had it shipped from Colorado to PA. Even paying $1,800 for enclosed shipping, I am well under the current value.
autoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 11:40 AM   #58
Realist

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Garnet Red 6sp
I luv the car, looked at them before I bought my ZL1. I actually rack up miles on a car so the base ZL1 even at the higher cost was worth it to me. That said I find myself still checking out the prices and have seen the price increase. May have one in the garage someday, problem is the low mileage ones will generate the $’s and I gotta drive em.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #59
LateBrakeU2

Drives: 15 SIM Z,1114,RH Z 1066, 20 SS1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by autoguy View Post
You guys that posted here a couple years ago need to relook at the current values of the 5th Gen Z/28. They went down to a certain point, and then made a U turn back up. Grab one now, I don't think they are going back down. The lowest mile examples and the rare color non A/C cars are bringing the best money. I was lucky to have found a 2,600 mile 2015 Black with A/C (Which is the most common build) back in September. I grabbed it before the seller realized what the actual market was. It was a private deal, and I had it shipped from Colorado to PA. Even paying $1,800 for enclosed shipping, I am well under the current value.
My thoughts have not changed in the slightest since they were announced. Will double triple down and say cream puff examples of these will be six figures sooner than later. I have a pretty special one going on BAT later this month, think it will do pretty well. Liquidity is the name of the game currentely, Mecum just had a record sell through at Kissimmee last month, C7 three pedal's are 5-10k more than they were last year. It's all changing with the push to watt cars, the one's we are enjoying now won't be built much longer. JMHO
LateBrakeU2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 03:05 PM   #60
MR's 2SS

Drives: 2020 2SS Vert/ F250 SD
I think anything thats special now will be cool in the future. a 427 always was and always will be special.
Yea. Interesting the sticks are bringing more... Because they have been nearly replaced. Exclusivity.
Often whats least popular in the near term is most sought after in the future because few were built.
Short bed single cab pick up trucks from the 50's through mid 70's always draw. Most trucks were single cabs with 8 foot beds. Or the crew cabs from the 60's and 70's.. they were military or heavy work trucks. Rare and ugly ducklings when new. Used no one wanted them. Now a nice crew cab 4x4 1 ton from the early 70's is a prize.
Whatever everyone wants now... A-10s or anything commonly desired today will have less value as a collectible.
Doesnt mean they wont still be fun.
As long as we can get gas. Nobodys going to be interested in 3600 lb art or powerful paperweights.
Old 04-07-2021, 09:04 AM   #61
L78toLT1

Drives: Hyper Blue 2016 2SS 6M
I'd love to have a gen 5 Z28, but the trouble from am investment standpoint is I like to drive my cars, which over the course of a decade or more adds up to a lot of miles, which really impacts the value. Invest your money, drive your cars! Invested properly, your returns will likely beat the appreciation on all but the rare few autos. Case in point, I bought a '69 Boss 429 in '79, obviously a high dollar car. I sold in 2005. Doing the math indicates that I made around 9% annually not accounting for maintenance, insurance, etc.
2016 Hyper Blue 2SS/6m/MRC/NPP/Silver Rally stripes/ZL1 wheels/6 piston Brembo's/GForce DS and axles/ZLE Cradle Bushings/FE4 ARB front & rear/SEMA Grill/Rotofab dry/95mm TB/Magnuson Heartbeat with 85mm pulley/Full LT4 fuel system/JMS boost-a-pump/Skidmark Garage E85 Sensor/JRE Smooth Idle Cam/GPI piston/rod kit /APR main, head, balancer bolts/Kooks 1 7/8 headers with high flow cats/JRE remote tuned
L78toLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 02:56 PM   #62
Zr8000

Drives: Chevy Camaro
It will be collectible because it was not highly produced and had all the good go fast parts. once they get old enough and are impossible to find value will take off like a rocket. Look at the 80s and 90s pick up trucks. They were nothing special and there were millions built. 10 years ago they weren’t worth crap. Now a clean one will pull what they were new and it is climbing fast.
Zr8000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 05:14 PM   #63
semif18

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE White
Quote:
Originally Posted by L78toLT1 View Post
I'd love to have a gen 5 Z28, but the trouble from am investment standpoint is I like to drive my cars, which over the course of a decade or more adds up to a lot of miles, which really impacts the value. Invest your money, drive your cars! Invested properly, your returns will likely beat the appreciation on all but the rare few autos. Case in point, I bought a '69 Boss 429 in '79, obviously a high dollar car. I sold in 2005. Doing the math indicates that I made around 9% annually not accounting for maintenance, insurance, etc.
I'm the same way. I did have a Gen 5 Z/28. Drove the crap out of it and LOVED every single minute. Sold it to get my first Porsche and I dearly miss the Z. To this day, hands down the most fun car I've ever driven (though my ZLE is starting to give it a run for the money). If I'd done it right I'd have bought two of them, one to put in storage as an investment and one to drive. To own a Z/28 and not drive it is a crime against humanity!
semif18 is offline   Reply With Quote