Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

AWE Tuning

Old 03-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #1
supercab78

Drives: 1931 Ford 1941&1963 Chevy. 2020 LT1
OEM windscreen ??? on folding up.

2020 vert. OEM windscreen. Used it the other day now I want to fold it up. I have the top part lying (folded) down on the lower section now, but it seems to take more pressure then it should to fold it in half again(the last step). So my question is, when completely folded up is the small section(the part with the CAMARO writing on it) on the outside? I don't want to use to much force until I'm sure that's the way it is when completely folded. Thanks Jeff

NEVER MIND; I see now, press the RED button first then start folding. Sorry bought it used with no instructions. I was feeling pretty stupid for a little while.
supercab78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2021, 11:14 PM   #2
mrgoodwrench
The Wicked Jester

Drives: 2020 Camaro 2SS Orange Crush Vert
Hey Jeff - congrats on the car and all that comes with it - there is no dumb question when it comes to not wanting to break something...

This would be the place to come! Enjoy the summer w/ the Top Down!
Old Car: 2010 Camaro Inferno Orange 2LT/RS
mrgoodwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 08:33 AM   #3
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
It does take a bit of pressure to get the lock mechanism to release. There are a couple of things that have to be done to fold it into quarters including releasing one end from how it's coupled together. Once that end has been de-coupled, those panels will fold over away from each other.

I think that it will make more sense if you are looking at while reading what I've written, but it still might take a minute to think it through so that it makes sense - it's hard to describe in writing only.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2021, 12:29 PM   #4
supercab78

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwrench View Post
Hey Jeff - congrats on the car and all that comes with it - there is no dumb question when it comes to not wanting to break something...

This would be the place to come! Enjoy the summer w/ the Top Down!
Thanks, we will enjoy. This LT1 with an M6 is fun to drive and beat on once in awhile that's for sure!! And this is coming from a 64 year old. The way I see it I won't put enough miles on the tires to wear the tread out before they dry rot if I don't break them loose a lot to speed up the treat wear.
Old 03-31-2021, 12:33 PM   #5
supercab78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
It does take a bit of pressure to get the lock mechanism to release. There are a couple of things that have to be done to fold it into quarters including releasing one end from how it's coupled together. Once that end has been de-coupled, those panels will fold over away from each other.

I think that it will make more sense if you are looking at while reading what I've written, but it still might take a minute to think it through so that it makes sense - it's hard to describe in writing only.
Thanks, Its scary putting pressure on plastic some times. I got it figured out now.