Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2017, 06:29 PM   #1
Bob54

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Convertible
Top Wouldn't Open

Drove this morning with the top down. I put it up and in the afternoon when I tried to put it down it would not go down. I started the car and pushed the button to put the top down and nothing happened. There was no error message. I turned the car off and started it again. I tried the button and there was nothing. I turned the car off and opened the trunk. I took the mat off and put it back on. Again nothing happened when I pushed the button. I drove home and an hour later I tried again. This time the top went down fine. Has this happened to anyone else? Any thoughts on what else to try if it happens again? I am still in warranty but I doubt that they can do anything until it happens consistently. I will certainly mention it next time I bring it in.
Bob54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 08:52 PM   #2
Mark114

Drives: 2016 2SS Convertible
I would check the fuse to see if it is loose.
Mark114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2017, 05:05 PM   #3
Bob54

The problem continues. I have checked the fuse. It seems most likely to happen after the car sits in the sun for a while with the top up. Sometimes I have gotten in and out and opened the trunk and then it would work. Lately I just get out and use the key fob. So far that has worked every time. One time though after using the key fob to open the roof it wouldn't close. I drove about 50 miles and tried again and it worked. Most times it closes fine. (A roof that won't open is a pain. A roof that won't close is a hazard.)

I took it into the dealer and they could not reproduce the problem. They said that the computer had a code indicating the switch was a problem. Last week they replaced the switch. Today I had the same problem. I took a video which just shows the roof not opening and no messages on the display. I stopped by the dealer to talk to the mechanic but they were too busy to talk to me.

I plan to take it into the dealer for their next attempt at fixing it. I am still within the Lemon Law period but I would really hate to go that route. I really like the car.

Anyone have any thoughts? My thought is that the dealer should replace the control module and see if that fixes the problem.
Old 07-22-2017, 12:52 AM   #4
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
See this thread.
http://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=500362

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2017, 07:16 PM   #5
Bob54

Solved - I think - Dealer solved crazy intermittent problem

This was an intermittent problem when the car was hot. It took way longer than I would have thought but in the end I have to give the dealer props. They said it was a bent pin in a connector and so far so good.

It was a crazy problem that only happened when the car sat in the sun.

I hate to keep posting on my own thread but I hope this helps others.
Old 08-25-2017, 09:11 AM   #6
VABarn

Drives: 2016 Hyper Blue 2SS Vert
If you ask me, no need to apologize. I would rather see the same person posting on the same post if it results in a conclusion to a problem that I might encounter in the future. Thanks for posting the final results!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
VABarn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 09:13 AM   #7
FASTNUF

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 White Vert
Agree, no need to apologize, glad you got it resolved! So far I have not had an issue with mine, hope I don't either! It's a 5/17 built I believe, so hopefully by then they figured it out...

Thanks for sharing!
FASTNUF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 10:35 AM   #8
Ssvertlife

Drives: 2017 Silver SS Convertible
Hey what connector was bent? I’m having these problems.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob54 View Post
This was an intermittent problem when the car was hot. It took way longer than I would have thought but in the end I have to give the dealer props. They said it was a bent pin in a connector and so far so good.

It was a crazy problem that only happened when the car sat in the sun.

Ssvertlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2021, 07:23 PM   #9
Bob54

Here is the description from the repair order.

"PERFORMED PIN TENSION DIAGNOSIS AFTER DUPLICATING CONCERN FOR SECOND TIME AND FOUND PIN LOOSE IN HARNESS ON DRIVERS PILL FROM SWITH TO BODY CONTROL MODULE. PIN SLIGHTLY BENT IN CONNECTOR. REPAIRED CONNECTOR AS NEEDED AND NOW ROOF IS OPERATING AS DESIGNED."

I hope this helps. It took forever for the dealership to duplicate the problem but I convinced them to leave the car in the sun and once they duplicated the problem they were motivated to fix it.