Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-27-2019, 01:08 PM   #29
Torquem
Bannable

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeverDie View Post
No relevance to the discussion whatsoever, either. Typical deflection when you haven't got any defense for simply coming in here to act superior.

You probably should have just tapped out, it's very obvious what you've tried to do and it was quite unsuccessful. It's a feature now mandated by law in many areas and demanded by customers, don't be ridiculous and antiquated just because YOU can't handle it. What I see in the mirror, fortunately; isn't that... and I'm quite pleased to not be on the side of things where I feel it necessary to take the lower route just because my comment was indefensible. Have a great weekend!
I like this guy

2017 ZL1 A10 - Hyper Blue Metallic
Rotofab CAI, TM ported TB, AWE non res touring catback with PLP's
Torquem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 08:50 AM   #30
CoolbreezeNJ

Drives: '18 Hotwheels 2SS
Here is a tip for you guys. I have my '18 Hotwheels and my '17 Silverado and there are no complaints. Understand that there is a lot more to clear phone calls then bluetooth. Working in the Cellular industry for 30 years Bluetooth is the easiest thing to design.

If you have an iPhone go into settings and change the setting for "data only"and not data for voice. Many networks now use VoIP on cellular and it is really a poor design. It is called a GBR (guaranteed bit rate) call and with cellular there usually is very little "guaranteed". As your driving your changing signal strength by more then 1/2 even as you walk let alone drive.
CoolbreezeNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #31
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post
Here is a tip for you guys. I have my '18 Hotwheels and my '17 Silverado and there are no complaints. Understand that there is a lot more to clear phone calls then bluetooth. Working in the Cellular industry for 30 years Bluetooth is the easiest thing to design.

If you have an iPhone go into settings and change the setting for "data only"and not data for voice. Many networks now use VoIP on cellular and it is really a poor design. It is called a GBR (guaranteed bit rate) call and with cellular there usually is very little "guaranteed". As your driving your changing signal strength by more then 1/2 even as you walk let alone drive.
Thanks Coolbreeze, I'll keep this tip in mind for the future

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 11:03 AM   #32
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolbreezeNJ View Post

I have an android which has a similar feature and it was the first thing I disabled as it can also have general issues with standard calls while stationary in a building.

The problem with this is, I've driven the same routes in different cars with my bluetooth connected and could not replicate the problem at any speed in ANY other vehicle except both of my 6th Gens. The dealer even confirmed the problem existed in one of my 6th Gens and relocated the microphone, after doing so I never had the problem again in that car.

The problem is definitely the car and is most likely the driver side mirror seal being hit or miss for some owners. Allowing passing air to interfere with the microphone because once I stop moving while I'm in my car I'm perfectly audible again but ANY time I go above 40 MPH they complain about alot of background wind noise.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2019, 10:22 PM   #33
rickybobby

Drives: BMW M3, ZL1 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Need4Camaro View Post
I have an android which has a similar feature and it was the first thing I disabled as it can also have general issues with standard calls while stationary in a building.

The problem with this is, I've driven the same routes in different cars with my bluetooth connected and could not replicate the problem at any speed in ANY other vehicle except both of my 6th Gens. The dealer even confirmed the problem existed in one of my 6th Gens and relocated the microphone, after doing so I never had the problem again in that car.

The problem is definitely the car and is most likely the driver side mirror seal being hit or miss for some owners. Allowing passing air to interfere with the microphone because once I stop moving while I'm in my car I'm perfectly audible again but ANY time I go above 40 MPH they complain about alot of background wind noise.
Where was your microphone relocated to? Can you post a picture of it?
rickybobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 04:45 PM   #34
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
I apparently have the same problem. Need4Camaro, can you shed more light on the situation?
Old 11-29-2019, 07:09 PM   #35
Need4Camaro

Drives: '17 Camaro 2SS & '99 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickybobby View Post
Where was your microphone relocated to? Can you post a picture of it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimjim2525 View Post
I apparently have the same problem. Need4Camaro, can you shed more light on the situation?
TBH Im unsure as I sold the car for my SS but I'll try to get in touch with the dealer who did the work on Monday and I just may get lucky enough to get an answer. It got escalated pretty high up because they didn't know how to fix it. My SS also needs the fix and I'm hoping I can figure out where they put it on my older 6th gen.
Need4Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:02 PM   #36
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
What these cars and every other car needs is active noise cancellation, which could probably be done with just software, given there's a mic and speakers. Given that they already pump "noise" into most cars these days to make people feel fast, this should be standard on every car with mics and speakers.

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 08:32 PM   #37
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
What these cars and every other car needs is active noise cancellation, which could probably be done with just software, given there's a mic and speakers. Given that they already pump "noise" into most cars these days to make people feel fast, this should be standard on every car with mics and speakers.
6th gens with the Bose audio do already have active noise cancellation, see https://automotive.bose.com/vehicles/chevrolet/camaro. Works perfectly in my car, phone calls over Bluetooth usually feel as if the other guy was sitting right there (unless the other side has serious audio problems, tons of loud background noise etc), and they typically can't tell I'm driving either (unless I get on the pedal real hard, heh).

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2019, 09:00 PM   #38
slimjim2525

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS
Just did an experiment. Had my wife call when I was in the car. While stopped the call was perfect. At 10, 20, and 30 MPH the call was ok, but faster than that, my wife said the call got muffled on her end, I could hear her perfectly. However the road was crap, and had road noise. On a very smooth road, she could hear me perfectly all the way to 60mph. So, I think the microphone is perhaps too sensitive, because on a crap road where there was more interior noise, the call went to shiot.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:49 PM   #39
rickybobby

Ok, so I’ve completely fixed my Bluetooth mic issue by relocating it to the outside if the pillar. It looks tacky but at this point I’m just happy to have a functional phone connection in the car.
People on the other end of my calls confirm that it sounds great at 70mph.
Attached Images

Old 12-23-2019, 06:57 PM   #40
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
is that the mic behind the pillar or did you add that. I want to relocate mine to the head liner or the upper console. Im hoping i can just add length to the wires.
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 07:22 PM   #41
rickybobby

It’s the mic behind the pillar. All I did was unclip it and route the wire to where you see it.
I may go back at some point and splice in a longer wire and move it up in the headliner for a cleaner install, but for now I’m just happy to have fixed the sound quality issue.
Old 12-23-2019, 07:45 PM   #42
JCunningham

Drives: 2017 2SS M6
thats a big brick. i wonder if there is room to hide it. maybe ill see if i can fine a different mic that will work
real ZL1 wheels and brakes, 285/305 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, Pray ported Intake manifold, Soler Throttle Body, Rotofab intake, EFI Tuning Flex fuel kit, full American Racing Headers Exhaust, 1 7/8" w/ cats H pipe and mufflers. Full 1LE suspension, with BMR adjustable sway bars and links, GM aluminum cradle bushings, Hurst shifter with lighter reverse spring, TWM shifter knob, Tick level 1 transmission. I should have bought a ZL1
JCunningham is offline   Reply With Quote