Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V6 LGX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Phastek Performance

Old 04-02-2021, 12:08 PM   #29
Sinister6

Drives: 2016 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
Heh, gotta love one hit wonders who hide behind sarcasm. What does Lambda read when running E85 in a gasoline scaled ECU, any idea? Me honestly thinks you don't have anything...

- Rob
I have no idea, i'm generally just curious if that's what you were saying, that you can fill up with e85 without tuning, i'm waiting on my e85 tune right now
Sinister6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:13 PM   #30
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Lethal
What does Lambda read when running E85 in a gasoline scaled ECU, any idea?
Here, I will ask you in another way being I'm getting no response to a basic question. E10 has a stoichiometric value of 14.08 AFR, and the majority of pump gas is running ten percent ethanol. My Lambda reading tells me I am at 1.0 Lambda (stoich) running E10 in Closed Loop, but my gas scaled wideband is reporting 14.7 AFR. So which one is right? Here's a hint, they both are...

- Rob
Street Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:21 PM   #31
Street Lethal
Tech Anarchist

Drives: GM F-Body's
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister6 View Post
I have no idea, i'm generally just curious if that's what you were saying, that you can fill up with e85 without tuning, i'm waiting on my e85 tune right now
When we tune for E85, we try to reduce fuel trim to as close to 0% as possible, but we do this for any fuel. But if you're running enough injector, and if there is enough coverage in fuel trim command, then there is nothing to really do other than adjust cold start fueling. Lambda will indicate 1.0 when running E85 in a gasoline scaled ECU. The O2 correction may be stretched way past 0%, but it is still correcting nonetheless. Is it ideal? No way. But there is really no kit when switching to E85, you can either let the system correct if there is enough of an O2 correction window, or swap out your injectors to compensate flow for the percentage difference in air fuel ratio's. The system has no idea what fuel you're running, the only thing it knows for sure is Lambda. Everything else is simply to keep it as close to 0% correction as possible. Again, it's not ideal, but Lambda does not lie...

- Rob
Street Lethal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 12:28 PM   #32
Sinister6

Drives: 2016 LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Street Lethal View Post
When we tune for E85, we try to reduce fuel trim to as close to 0% as possible, but we do this for any fuel. But if you're running enough injector, and if there is enough coverage in fuel trim command, then there is nothing to really do other than adjust cold start fueling. Lambda will indicate 1.0 when running E85 in a gasoline scaled ECU. The O2 correction may be stretched way past 0%, but it is still correcting nonetheless. Is it ideal? No way. But there is really no kit when switching to E85, you can either let the system correct if there is enough of an O2 correction window, or swap out your injectors to compensate flow for the percentage difference in air fuel ratio's. The system has no idea what fuel you're running, the only thing it knows for sure is Lambda. Everything else is simply to keep it as close to 0% correction as possible. Again, it's not ideal, but Lambda does not lie...

- Rob
I don't have 02 sensors
Sinister6 is offline   Reply With Quote