Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers

AWE Tuning

Old 04-09-2021, 01:06 PM   #15
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtfoxy View Post
A ZL1 doesn’t take much in the way of bolt-ones to hit 600RWHP. We’ve had the cost debate between modifying an LT1, & while its entirely feasible, you get a lot of car that is nearly impossible to duplicate (Such as the eLSD).

If you’re into drag racing the base LT1 is attractive, but I’m not sure if it has Track mode or line lock built in like SS & ZL1’s have.

Some food for thought.

What do used ZL1s go for? I imagine they're either hooned to high heavens or they're babied and driven 500 miles a year.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:12 PM   #16
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
What do used ZL1s go for? I imagine they're either hooned to high heavens or they're babied and driven 500 miles a year.
Depending on how specific of options and preference of usage/condition, a 6th gen ZL1 will run mid-$50k's and up. Its not a terribly small chunk of change (especially for something used) but they offer some *serious* performance/cost value IMO.
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 01:25 PM   #17
Crushin_LT1

Drives: 2021 LT1 6spd
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaimer View Post
Depending on how specific of options and preference of usage/condition, a 6th gen ZL1 will run mid-$50k's and up. Its not a terribly small chunk of change (especially for something used) but they offer some *serious* performance/cost value IMO.

Well, I was guessing about correct on that then. Theyre a good value performance wise, for sure.
Old 04-09-2021, 01:29 PM   #18
zaimer

Drives: 23 ZL1 6speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crushin_LT1 View Post
Well, I was guessing about correct on that then. Theyre a good value performance wise, for sure.
Yep, so they're not cheap in the general sense.. but they are certainly cheap for what they are! Then again, the same could be said for any of these cars with (at least) the NA LT1..
zaimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:33 PM   #19
CamaroSSStlfan
Account Suspended

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
YES I would.

Or even a used SS from 2016 and newer (6th gen) The 6th gen is better in every department. It's quite a bit faster and a lot more premium.
CamaroSSStlfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 07:50 PM   #20
Pupilbone

Drives: 2019 Crush ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemollc View Post
So I have a 2010 Camaro 2SS auto it’s just a bolt on car right now (headers high flow cats, intake and a cat back). I was getting ready to pull the trigger and go cam, have the heads ported and do a converter to match the cam. Then down the road go with a blower most likely a maggie

Then the other day I was on the chevy site and built a LT1 car with the auto and the price really isn’t bad. My goals for my ss were 550-600 whp and have a blower doing the cams and heads only came about Because the lifters in the l99 version of the ls3 are a weak point.I do drag race my car at my local track atco when I have time and I drive almost everyday. So I have a few question for you guys about the LT1. If I got an LT1 I would most likely custom order one first brand new car I’ll ever have bought I bought my ss used in 16.

1. Do you guy think it’s better to just build my current older ss or just hop on the LT1 train.

2. The recaros you can option in the LT1 the have the heated and cooled seats but they aren’t wired from what I seen on this forum is that true.

3. How do these lt1 motors handle and drive with boost not looking to go nuts just 550-600whp are my current goals. (Is there room to grow after)

4. How does the LT1 stack up to the 10 speed 5.0 I was looking at those as well and I have a buddy with a 15 pony with the auto 6 we have done work to and its fast!!

5. How do must cars come equipped from the dealer I heard the cars aren’t being built right now so ordering one might take a while. The must haves for me are auto, the tech pack, but I really want the recaros, dual mode exhaust, black wheels
The 5th Gen is the only Camaro I haven’t had the pleasure of either owning, or spending time in because a buddy owned one. Unfortunate for me i suppose.

I can say this though, the 6th Gen is a special ride. In these I’ve only been in SS’s or ZL1’s, but I can imagine the LT1 to be quite similar to the SS. If you can swing a 6th Gen, you’ll love it and you should (imo), go this way.
Old 04-09-2021, 07:52 PM   #21
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
2SS to 2SS. Keep the creature comforts.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:02 PM   #22
Modernmusclecar

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Do the cam...if you like the 5th gen old school muscle car look. Great upgrade for a 5th gen. And unless its a 1le or Zl1....I cant get past the 6th gen look.
EPS CUSTOM GRIND CAM....K@N CAI....VMAX PTB.....FRANKENSTEIN STAGE 2 HEADS ...1 7/8 STAINLESS POWER CATTED LONGTUBE HEADERS...CORSA XTREME 3 INCH CATBACK.....CIRCLE D 3800 Pro Series stall...391 gears.....Ported/modded GPI intake .Forgestar drag pack with Mickey Thompson ET street drag radials AGP PERFORMANCE DYNO TUNED. 463 WHP 428 FTLBS TORQUE.
Modernmusclecar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:16 AM   #23
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
First off thank all of you for your comments and thoughts. Doing some more research today and also taking a ride down to a local dealer I made some choices. That dealer is getting a 1lt in soon with most of the options I want basically everything but the recaros and in the color I want. So when that come in they will call me for a test drive.

I would love a zl1 6th gen but a little out of my price range.

And from my research and seeing what these do in the 1/4 mile. I think I could just do headers and other bolts and be happy for a while and when I want more power just go heads cam. These thing fly Na. Talked to the shop that does my tuning to and the head tuner loves these 1lt models.
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 12:18 AM   #24
mikemollc

Drives: 2021 LT1 Auto
My other question is if I get one with out the recaros what are some good seat options. That I can put in the car. Since I may go for the one the dealer is getting in rather then custom order a car

Dealer told me when I order it it will take 12-16 weeks to come in
mikemollc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 09:40 PM   #25
LT4Greg

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe
I would order a LT1 with the options you want Mike including the Recaro seats. Go take a test drive in the one the dealer is getting in and make a decision if you want to buy it or order one. The Recaros are a nice option to get. Good luck!
Old 04-11-2021, 12:52 AM   #26
95 imp
Dumb Ass Deluxe

Drives: A Tricked Out Mountain Bike
You could always find a set of used Recaro pull-outs down the road...

FYI- no heat option available in the LT1. The cooling option can be made to work.
Old 04-11-2021, 04:28 AM   #27
s346k

Drives: like an old lady
short answer - yes.

long answer - i skipped the 5th generation entirely with regard to camaros. had 3g & 4g. in 2018 i talked myself into a newer platform and began searching late 5g 1LE cars. at that time, for a few thousand more, i was into a (used) 6g 1LE.

when you drive a car and don't believe it's GMs cheap performance car, its time to pull the trigger. they're light years ahead of 5g in every performance regard.
Old 04-11-2021, 10:06 AM   #28
Camaro fanboy

Drives: 2017 2SS Arctic blue fully loaded
Hi.
newby here from sweden. think i maybe trading my 2012 2ss for this bad boy
https://www.blocket.se/annons/stockh..._moms/94634011
going to look at it tomorrow. just wondering if it has magnetic suspension?
cant seem to find any info whether it has or not
Camaro fanboy is offline   Reply With Quote