Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Phastek Performance

Old 04-01-2021, 08:59 PM   #113
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ember1205 View Post
Or, maybe they were pre-treating ahead of the snow that just passed through lots of areas of NY again?
Well they would of been pre treating 3 days early and the warm weather and rain we had days after that would of got rid of what they put down. We really didnt get much for snow at all, the little it snowed this morning was melted away on the ground within an hour of hitting. Still in 40’s and will be near 50 this weekend and in mid 50’s next week. Salt does nothing for snow anyways. But I have been told by highway employees that they have to get rid of the salt they have whether the roads are wet or dry and temps in the 70’s, they can not keep it. I will just have to wait another month for any cruising with the top down thats all.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 10:04 AM   #114
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSS18 View Post
Well they would of been pre treating 3 days early and the warm weather and rain we had days after that would of got rid of what they put down. We really didnt get much for snow at all, the little it snowed this morning was melted away on the ground within an hour of hitting. Still in 40’s and will be near 50 this weekend and in mid 50’s next week. Salt does nothing for snow anyways. But I have been told by highway employees that they have to get rid of the salt they have whether the roads are wet or dry and temps in the 70’s, they can not keep it. I will just have to wait another month for any cruising with the top down thats all.
I have seen plenty of road treating ahead of storms that turn out to be just rain. Unfortunate, but it is what it is.

I suspect that there's an ECO issue with leaving a giant pile of salt over the summer to leach into the groundwater every time it rains in high concentration...
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 01:41 PM   #115
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Well, they did it here too. State and county roads are white with salt for no reason. The secondary roads have not been treated with sand or salt and are perfectly clean which proves the treatment was unnecessary. The only explanation has to be the "use or loose" or environmental storage issues.

This really sucks as there is no appreciable road washing rain in sight. My Camaro is back on the battery tender.
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 09:14 PM   #116
CamaroSS18
Camaro2SS18

Drives: 2018 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron2ss View Post
Well, they did it here too. State and county roads are white with salt for no reason. The secondary roads have not been treated with sand or salt and are perfectly clean which proves the treatment was unnecessary. The only explanation has to be the "use or loose" or environmental storage issues.

This really sucks as there is no appreciable road washing rain in sight. My Camaro is back on the battery tender.
It would be nice if they could come up with some type of covered storage or something other than throw unnecessarily onto clean dry roads with no freezing temps, rain nor snow in the forecast for the next week and half and temps in the 50’s almost 60 the rest of the week. There have been multiple articles in the paper and news on the over abundance of salt leaching into rivers and farm fields and ground water from the excessive salting of the roads. Here is hoping for some more rain to clean the roads yet again because it is not worth risking a cruise when that is the whole point of putting it away, is to not have a single grain of salt touch the camaro. Drive it for one day in these conditions would defeat the purpose of the 5 1/2 months i just stored it. Mine stays in storage on the tender for at least the next two to three weeks after a much needed days of rain with no more added salt.
CamaroSS18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 05:29 PM   #117
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Just moved out to Kansas...after I got here, my girlfriend and I took a long drive on a nice day...gotta love the open road with a convertible!

unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 10:20 PM   #118
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixadm View Post
Just moved out to Kansas...after I got here, my girlfriend and I took a long drive on a nice day...gotta love the open road with a convertible!

You got that right. Beautiful day there.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:43 PM   #119
02blackss

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Convertible
In Canada we have "Salt Domes" scattered throughout the city/country to store salt all year long. We have been lucky in southern ontario, roads are clean after a few weeks of rains....After April 1st the city/municipalities cut their snow removal/salting crews down to almost zero. We actually had the street sweeper come by my local street today for the after winter clean up.

Jason

Last edited by 02blackss; 04-05-2021 at 07:44 PM. Reason: typo
02blackss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #120
Plasar

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Vert M6
Talking

Nice pics Unixadm, and great triple black - black badges - smoke taillights - black wheels look!
Plasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2021, 01:55 PM   #121
unixadm

Drives: 2017 2SS Convertible Nightfall Gray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasar View Post
Nice pics Unixadm, and great triple black - black badges - smoke taillights - black wheels look!

Thanks! I had a Borla exhaust with carbon Fiber Tips which rounded out the look but with moving 1/2 way cross country and losing access to my friend's lift, I opted to pull it off and put the factory exhaust back on. I still have the Borla and haven't decide whether I will be putting up here to sell, or maybe putting it back on at one point...I do miss the sound and the look!
unixadm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2021, 10:57 AM   #122
Speak99

Drives: Camaro 2020 2SS VERT
With another lock down ordered for my wimpy province, I will be getting out with the top down (weather is perfect for this time of year).

Feels good to be free
Speak99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 07:51 AM   #123
FarmerFran

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert M6 "Sharky"
Low to mid 70s all week and the vert is gone. So sad, mad and still very upset.

Firecracker Red Wrangler Willys, 3.6L eTorque, 850RE 8 speed automatic, 25W Willys package, Technology Group, Convenience Group (aka $600 garage door opener), Cold weather Group, Trailer Tow and HD electric group with AUX switches, 3 piece black freedom top.
FarmerFran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:03 AM   #124
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Well, you can change your mind at any time (if the itch is still there).
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 09:14 AM   #125
joekd

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS vert
We are on day 2 of rain but my car sure does look pretty sitting in the garage with the top already down (had it out Sunday for a cars n coffee and just left it down)
Old 05-05-2021, 12:03 PM   #126
Ron2ss

Drives: 2020 2ss vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFran View Post
Yeah, there is just something special about a vert!
Ron2ss is offline   Reply With Quote