Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Ask the Camaro Team

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 03-06-2019, 05:23 AM   #15
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Why not wire in a steering wheel momentary switch to a VSC or the throttle harness that simulates a full throttle blip...?
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2019, 08:50 PM   #16
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
Why not wire in a steering wheel momentary switch to a VSC or the throttle harness that simulates a full throttle blip...?
Try that out, let us know how it goes.
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 05:44 AM   #17
Boo

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 Nightfall Grey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty31 View Post
Absolutely. The throttle stab is so quick the car barely reacts.
Exactly...i dont think the OP is understanding just how simple this is...i literally do it several times a drive....imagine that instead of pressing the clutch, shifting in to gear...feathering gas and releasing clutch...ALL you have to do is stab the throttle real quick. It is imperceptible to the engine...you can engine break with one hand on the wheel and one foot on throttle...IT IS AWESOME...once you get used to it it becomes second nature...want to roll race? Just stab seconds before take off...it is ridiculous! Best part about the car IMO
Boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 06:19 AM   #18
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
This might be a good question for "Ask the Camaro Team" that we will be starting back up with the new chief. I'd like to hear some details behind this.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:35 AM   #19
mblum

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
Exactly...i dont think the OP is understanding just how simple this is...i literally do it several times a drive....imagine that instead of pressing the clutch, shifting in to gear...feathering gas and releasing clutch...ALL you have to do is stab the throttle real quick. It is imperceptible to the engine...you can engine break with one hand on the wheel and one foot on throttle...IT IS AWESOME...once you get used to it it becomes second nature...want to roll race? Just stab seconds before take off...it is ridiculous! Best part about the car IMO
I was just going to post the same response. I can get my car to go into performance shift mode and back to "normal" mode in about 5-6 seconds.

With the car in auto I stab the throttle very quick and to the floor, just like a clutch action in a manual car. The stab is so quick that the engine doesn't rev much at all and doesn't cause any acceleration. At that point the car goes into performance shift mode for whatever shenanigans you have in m ind. When you done flip the center console shifter to manual and then back to auto and the car goes returns to "normal" mode. This all can be done in about 5-6 seconds.

Maybe I'm missing what the OP is trying to achieve, but I do this all the time.
Old 03-07-2019, 08:57 AM   #20
Sakudog

Drives: 2019 ZL1 1LE A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblum View Post
I was just going to post the same response. I can get my car to go into performance shift mode and back to "normal" mode in about 5-6 seconds.

With the car in auto I stab the throttle very quick and to the floor, just like a clutch action in a manual car. The stab is so quick that the engine doesn't rev much at all and doesn't cause any acceleration. At that point the car goes into performance shift mode for whatever shenanigans you have in m ind. When you done flip the center console shifter to manual and then back to auto and the car goes returns to "normal" mode. This all can be done in about 5-6 seconds.

thanks, will try
Ryker #29
2019 ZL1 1LE A10
2015 Z/28 #809
Sakudog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 09:32 AM   #21
Chutzpah

Drives: Wild Cherry LT1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
This might be a good question for "Ask the Camaro Team" that we will be starting back up with the new chief. I'd like to hear some details behind this.

I don’t have my new ZL1 yet, but I agree with you on asking the question. If the performance mode works the same as the A8, quick pedal pump and temporary performance shifting... I’d like to know if there is any possibility of a software upgrade to allow performance mode to be locked in with a push of a button or buttons. I had a VW GTI, putting it into auto sport mode worked quite well for full time aggressive street driving.
Chutzpah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2019, 02:02 PM   #22
nicktechla

Drives: 2012 Porsche 911 Turbo S
As soon as I leave the pits and stab the throttle, it stays in performance shift mode for the entirety of the session.
-- Past --
2017 Camaro ZL1 Coupe - Red Hot - A10, PDR - HRE P101
2015 Mustang GT PP - Whipple Supercharger
nicktechla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 06:23 AM   #23
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chutzpah View Post
I don’t have my new ZL1 yet, but I agree with you on asking the question. If the performance mode works the same as the A8, quick pedal pump and temporary performance shifting... I’d like to know if there is any possibility of a software upgrade to allow performance mode to be locked in with a push of a button or buttons. I had a VW GTI, putting it into auto sport mode worked quite well for full time aggressive street driving.
Well they won't answer that part of the question as far as future development or what "could" be done but just knowing details on the algorithms that exist and when / where certain things happen is good to know. Their answers are usually pretty detailed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
As soon as I leave the pits and stab the throttle, it stays in performance shift mode for the entirety of the session.
Yeah, this is definite not an issue with aggressive driving. I think most want it to stay in Perf Shift Mode on the street while cruising.
Old 03-08-2019, 08:57 AM   #24
ninetres

Drives: Crush ZLE M6 | 2000 Corvette FRC
I wish it had a button for a different reason: I’d keep it locked off most of the time so I can use sport mode during street driving without the damn thing sticking in gear any time I floor it or hit a corner hard.
ninetres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2019, 10:01 AM   #25
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
Well they won't answer that part of the question as far as future development or what "could" be done but just knowing details on the algorithms that exist and when / where certain things happen is good to know. Their answers are usually pretty detailed.

Yeah, this is definite not an issue with aggressive driving. I think most want it to stay in Perf Shift Mode on the street while cruising.
but why would you want it to shift like that if you are just cruising? it seems like it would be annoying staying in gears and revving high while cruising slow.
-- Past --
Old 03-09-2019, 01:02 PM   #26
BDivine76

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mblum View Post

It finally stopped raining long enough to get the car out. Gave this a try and it works like a charm. Thanks for the tip!
BDivine76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 05:40 PM   #27
nicktechla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sakudog View Post
Try that out, let us know how it goes.
don't hit that button when parking
-- Past --
Old 03-09-2019, 05:52 PM   #28
Artos

Drives: A10 LT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicktechla View Post
but why would you want it to shift like that if you are just cruising? it seems like it would be annoying staying in gears and revving high while cruising slow.
I sorta messed around with this today & it's really a whole lot more fun & effective controlling the higher revs yourself in manual vs the auto 'staying' in performance mode when 'cruising'...held it for a good while in auto by simply blipping the throttle/peddle occasionally & the car just stays pissed off. Gotta some funny stares.

Our performance mode for cruising around isn't anything like the sport mode & holding higher revs I had in the Durango RT or my F150 & those work amazingly well farting around. The Camaro performance mode is what it is...a temp rpm/gear change waiting to go WOT.
Artos is offline   Reply With Quote