Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 03-24-2017, 07:44 AM   #1
AbsolutHank

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 M6
Anyone make an official Meth kit for 2016+ Camaros?

Thinking about adding this to my car, but was curious if anyone makes an official kit or just adapting the universal ones to the washer tank etc
2013 Dodge Viper #44/150 Launch Edition IG:@absoluthank
20/21 BC Forged Wheels : BC Coilovers: TA Aero
AbsolutHank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #2
JoeAyalaM
Account Suspended

Drives: Audi S6 V8TT, Volvos XC60 & S60R
No such thing as official.

The most you will find, if the case, is a bracket and fitings kit for a stardard kit.
JoeAyalaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:16 AM   #3
Doug @ ECS

Drives: very fast
We are working on it, hopefully soon. I will post up when it's finished.

Thanks for your interest.
Doug @ ECS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:43 AM   #4
exxit

Drives: 2016 1SS D1SC Methfed Lowered Wrapd
Alky makes a kit, but it is far from a step by step bolt on. That being said, me and a buddy of mine, with basic understanding of pump placement, were able to get a kit on and fitted correctly. Took some finesse but it fits well. Julio is also quick to respond to tech questions. I'll post some pics of a mod we did to the bracket as well as how the pump was placed to utilize the windshield wiper res as a tank.
exxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 11:46 AM   #5
exxit

Gotta mod the bracket a bit. Shave down the rubber but don't completely remove it. I hear it gets annoying rattle or a hum otherwise.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:47 AM   #6
exxit

This is where shit got a bit tricky... You may have noticed the top was shaved down more than the bottom. This is because of the grove in that area. Sort of a hump. We used 3 riv nuts to put this guy on... Why 3? Because the bottom right and bottom left land on a thick piece of horizontal metal behind this piece. What a pain in the ass that was. Either A drill until your riv nut fits, or B try to move the thing a bit lower... We found that this was the best position for fender clearance and decided to roll with it. System works like a dream so far.
Old 03-24-2017, 11:54 AM   #7
exxit

We used the passenger side footwell as our "resting place" for the alkycontrol computer and MAP sensor. Everything else is easy to follow via diagram. Just remember to be mindful when making holes in your windshield res. Meth leaks aren't fun.

Also, some fittings aren't crush fittings (freakin' annoying) but we realized why... Hardware store had the same fittings the kit came with, one side just isn't crush (on the nozzle). Added teflon to it. Wallah; was good. Overall, would easily recommend after we got the kinks out. To someone with no experience? Stay away until there is a step by step hand holding method. This isn't something you want to do your first time considering what the consequences of a botched install are.

Side note. If you go with a procharger; either have a nice pipe made for the bend on the intake tube, or be prepared to shit your pants while putting the nozzle on. We ground down some of the silicon tube rubber on the bottom to give us room. Didn't want to bust the threads on the nozzle by forcing it. Will be getting a nice custom pipe made once I get the time. For now, this is holding up fine.
Old 03-24-2017, 01:40 PM   #8
Slowhawk

Drives: 1999 Trans Am
We take off that 4 bolt bracket, use a single bar up the back with rubber insulator, pump is higher too which makes the pickup line easier. Same idea, just higher and closer to the frame.
Slowhawk is offline   Reply With Quote