Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-23-2016, 06:24 AM   #1
Opt1mst

Drives: Rapid Blue 23 Camaro 1LT RS
Krypton Green?

Hey guys

I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the camaro weekly podcast. But one of the hosts on the show spent time at Woodward. Said that Krypton green will be a go for a limited production run in the spring. He said he was surprised no on has posted it anyone. Sheryl Pilture is the source he gave. Not sure how legit it is. I was wondering if anyone else heard this. I was just listening to the podcast while working. But if that's the case I'll wait for that color.
Opt1mst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 06:56 AM   #2
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
I heard the same and was only to be on the 1LE, so maybe it's this generation's synergy green edition. Guess we'll see if they do indeed lock it to the 1 and 2LT 1LE cars.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:01 AM   #3
Opt1mst

Quote:
Originally Posted by HumanWiki View Post
I heard the same and was only to be on the 1LE, so maybe it's this generation's synergy green edition. Guess we'll see if they do indeed lock it to the 1 and 2LT 1LE cars.
That'd be awesome. I was kinda holding out and hoping that would be the case.
Old 08-23-2016, 07:03 AM   #4
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Spitfire Non Metallic WA445B GMV. Obviously not the marketed name, but the "internal" to GM name. Example: Arctic Blue is referred to as Blue Persuasion by GM folk.

https://www.amazon.com/ACDelco-19352.../dp/B01GSS5PPW

https://www.amazon.com/GMC-CANYON-SP.../dp/B01FPX4RKA

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................

Last edited by iPODFAN11; 08-23-2016 at 03:25 PM.
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:04 AM   #5
HumanWiki

Drives: Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opt1mst View Post
That'd be awesome. I was kinda holding out and hoping that would be the case.
Well, remember that 2010's SGE only color became 2011's limited run on all models.

So they may do the same here if that's the case. Limited run on V6 1LE, but maybe in 2018 do a short run on all models. Then retire it again.

Still though, even with that Synergy Green issue with Gen5. You really don't see many. So they're still a low volume color.
HumanWiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 07:10 AM   #6
Opt1mst

Yeah I hardly see that color. I don't think I ever seen one at the dealership either. It'd kinda be cool to have a complimenting interior too l, but that's asking for too much lol
Old 08-23-2016, 12:02 PM   #7
RenegadeXR

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I'd imagine we would have heard this news from a second source by now. AFAIK, the only information we have dates back to the original 1LE reveal months ago where they stated Krypton Green was an experimental color and may or may not go into production. So far, they have only built one V6 LT 1LE in this color and have been dragging it to a lot of media events while remaining pretty hush on it.

Personally, I'm really confused. We're probably just a few weeks out until the order banks open for the 1LE, and still no official word.
RenegadeXR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2016, 01:02 PM   #8
Opt1mst

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeXR View Post
I'd imagine we would have heard this news from a second source by now. AFAIK, the only information we have dates back to the original 1LE reveal months ago where they stated Krypton Green was an experimental color and may or may not go into production. So far, they have only built one V6 LT 1LE in this color and have been dragging it to a lot of media events while remaining pretty hush on it.

Personally, I'm really confused. We're probably just a few weeks out until the order banks open for the 1LE, and still no official word.
I agree. I'm not sure if they'd release the color in the middle of the spring unless they make it available for the 2018 model year.
Old 09-12-2016, 01:20 PM   #9
With envy
It's a Synergy thing..

Drives: 2010 Synergy
The 2010 Synergy Edition was manufactured March thru May of 2010. They only started showing up at the dealerships in the Spring.

With envy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 03:47 PM   #10
freddyD

Drives: 2020 rally green rs
Hey withenvy-just looked at your pics. cool!
freddyD is offline   Reply With Quote