#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

AWE Tuning

Old 03-14-2022, 10:29 AM   #85
Mister Will

Drives: 2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveV View Post
I would like to point out that it was NOT legislation that shutdown the pipeline or new exploration. It was an executive order.

Big difference between the two...

There is no questioning that the Democrats are completely on board with the Environmentalist, and have declared war on fossil fuels and oil production. This is all at the expense and suffering of the American people.

If you want to keep driving these cars, go RED. Because these non-sensical policies need to stop.
Mister Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2022, 01:54 PM   #86
GreenZLE

Drives: 2020 Rally Green ZL1-1LE
I've no doubt ZL1's will retain their value very well. Even a 350HP Z28 from the 70's can be $50K these days. My ZL1 wont retain its value because I'll put 100K miles on it but thats what I bought it for, to drive it and race it until its worn out.

EV's might be great if they get enough charging stations built for the projected numbers of sales but thats going to be difficult while shutting down coal, NG, and nuclear power plants at the same time.

I'm not too worried about getting smoked at a light by Tesla Plaids either as very few EV's are faster than a ZL1.
GreenZLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 04:13 PM   #87
RealG

Drives: 2024 2SS
https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/0689...to-buy-an.html

“You'll Almost Have to Buy an Electric Vehicle if Climate Bill Passes”
RealG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:33 PM   #88
raptor5244

Drives: 2022 CT4-V Blackwing
Meanwhile 70% of EV would not qualify for the tax credit.

https://www.reuters.com/business/aut...le-2022-08-05/
2017 C7 Stingray - M7 Coupe - Sold
2019 C7 Grand Sport M7 Vert - Sold
2021 Camaro ZL1 - Black - A10 - Sold
2019 Tesla Model 3
2022 CT4-V Blackwing - M6
raptor5244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 06:14 PM   #89
NG329

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 1LE
I honestly don't see EV taking over even though that's the intention.

I think Hydrogen power will take over. Lithium is just too damn dangerous for the average meat head.
NG329 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 07:54 PM   #90
JSH

Drives: '20 ZLE
If demand stays the same, eliminating the Camaro supply should drive up prices.
2/23 - 1031/1004 wheel.
4/23 - 1.41/9.61/145 at DA 7000 ft. (only made five passes).
2/24 - LME 390, E2650, FBO, 100 oct.; 1116hp/ 1063tq; 109 oct. dyno next.
JSH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 08:42 PM   #91
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by NG329 View Post
I honestly don't see EV taking over even though that's the intention.

I think Hydrogen power will take over. Lithium is just too damn dangerous for the average meat head.
And you don't think hydrogen isn't? It has to be stored under high pressure. The average "meat head" is too stupid to own one of those.

The refining of hydrogen is complicated because demand isn't high for it. It'll take decades for it to take over and that's only if the demand for it comes into play.

Oh and the hydrogen vehicles that are out there.... are about as fast as a Prius.....no spank you.....bleh
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:34 PM   #92
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilante375 View Post
And you don't think hydrogen isn't? It has to be stored under high pressure. The average "meat head" is too stupid to own one of those.

The refining of hydrogen is complicated because demand isn't high for it. It'll take decades for it to take over and that's only if the demand for it comes into play.

Oh and the hydrogen vehicles that are out there.... are about as fast as a Prius.....no spank you.....bleh
True. Good point. But the same applies for EV. Even though EVs are further along at the moment, it'll take decades for both technologies. It takes 5 minutes to fill a hydrogen tank vs the 20-30 minutes to charge a Tesla to 80% capacity. The batteries degrade over time and they are very costly to replace. Almost the cost of an entry level car now.

I see tons of fires happening down the road. Both Accident related and charging related; etc. Bldg's have literally burned down from knuckleheads charging their E-bikes.

The fact that Hydrogen vehicles are slow is a major plus for governmental agencies. LOL

All I'm saying is don't be surprised if there is a shift in the next decade or two away from EV being the sole source of power for vehicles. It could end up being a hybrid environment with both technologies supported or an abandonment altogether.

Heaven forbid there is a power outage and there are no ICE vehicles. hahaha Beyond Thunderdome we go. Just imagine if Mad Max came true with Pirates stealing Gasoline. hahahaha
Old 08-12-2022, 09:48 PM   #93
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
EVs are pretty amazing. Seriously, if you havent driven a performance model Tesla, spend a day with one and get back to me. It's a totally different experience from our cars, for sure, but if this is the future (and they keep innovating and improving) we're gonna be fine. As long as I can still take my ICE vehicles out when I want, I'm happy. Comparitively, we'll look like the guys you used to see behind the wheels of vintage Model Ts, but we'll have smiles on our faces.
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:12 PM   #94
NG329

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBones81 View Post
EVs are pretty amazing. Seriously, if you havent driven a performance model Tesla, spend a day with one and get back to me. It's a totally different experience from our cars, for sure, but if this is the future (and they keep innovating and improving) we're gonna be fine. As long as I can still take my ICE vehicles out when I want, I'm happy. Comparitively, we'll look like the guys you used to see behind the wheels of vintage Model Ts, but we'll have smiles on our faces.
For me personally, as long as it's fast and can go around corners, I really don't care about what technology is used. Up until now the styling has been pretty bland tho. With the exception of the BMW i8 (is that a full EV?) and the Porsche Taycan in my opinion. Most other EVs including the Teslas are Fugly for my taste.
Old 08-12-2022, 10:38 PM   #95
zapp

Drives: 2022 ZLE 6M
The next Gen Porsche Cayman will be all electric. That is the car to proof to guys like us, how fun an EV can be these days.

I‘m not into EVs yet, but I‘m looking forward to that Porsche.
zapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 12:27 AM   #96
Mac7504

Drives: 2003 Monte Carlo SS SLP, 2022 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Will View Post

There is no questioning that the Democrats are completely on board with the Environmentalist, and have declared war on fossil fuels and oil production. This is all at the expense and suffering of the American people.

If you want to keep driving these cars, go RED. Because these non-sensical policies need to stop.
Don't talk politics or you will get a warning or a time out; ask me how I know....but I feel you. Whole heartedly.

Quote:
For me personally, as long as it's fast and can go around corners, I really don't care about what technology is used. Up until now the styling has been pretty bland tho. With the exception of the BMW i8 (is that a full EV?) and the Porsche Taycan in my opinion. Most other EVs including the Teslas are Fugly for my taste.
The Taycan, aside from ice Carrera GT and GT3 are the only Porsche cars that had my head turn and go wtf! Moreso with the Taycan because I didn't know what it was until I caught up and saw what I realized was a charging port. I said to myself, it can't be, I went home and hit Google only to find, le sigh, it was an ev. Probably the only ev that has ever caught my eye and made me consider one. Won't happen but still.
Mac7504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 01:40 AM   #97
JBones81

Drives: 22 ZL1, 18 RS3, 22 M3P
Quote:
I think the Mustang Mach-E's look nice, but their performance isn't on par with the Teslas yet, and I'm mad at Ford for using the Mustang name! Why didnt they just call it the Mach E and leave it at that?
Instagram - @JBsCars
JBones81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2022, 07:27 AM   #98
Booher

Drives: 2019 zl1 6 speed
Bob Lazar came up with a safe way to use hydrogen in cars. This is a small video about his corvette, lol. https://youtu.be/Ytg23mDd1a4
Booher is offline   Reply With Quote