Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-31-2021, 05:05 PM   #15
blubewy

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Oh man this must be a wicked build!

I am doing a very similiar build to yours, and im curious to know how the car is doing months after completion?

Im going 427 Darton Sleeved, f1a94, heads/cam, meth/E85/93.. and other things but I think these are the main.
blubewy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2021, 09:57 PM   #16
SS2017_MJB

Drives: 2017 SS Coupe 2SS 8AT (427CI, D1X)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blubewy View Post
Oh man this must be a wicked build!

I am doing a very similiar build to yours, and im curious to know how the car is doing months after completion?

Im going 427 Darton Sleeved, f1a94, heads/cam, meth/E85/93.. and other things but I think these are the main.
Hi,

The car is doing quite well. No explosions LOL. I have the D1Xand you will have its big brother the F1A94 so you can expect to be in the mid-900 to 1000 RWHP range with a 427CI with all the internal goodies, FI tuned cam, headers, and meth injection. The one factor that is personal choice is the trade-off between maxing out on high-end HP versus sacrificing a little top end HP for low end drive-ability, a little more mid-range torque, and reliability. I opted for a mid-range cam tailored for FI -- not a peaky cam where things would bog down low and the tuner (Andrew of Complete Street Performance) and I agreed to leave a few HP at the table to have margin. I recommend you consider not going wild cam-wise -- focus on getting some torque down low since we have centrifugal not Whipple, Kong, etc. (my cam is high lift for torque but a 2 out of 4 on duration scale). I wanted my engine to be bullet proof and live at 800+ RWHP all day versus reaching another 50 HP more and being on the edge.

The other thing to consider is upgrading the suspension parts to handle the power (you will see I did a lot of BMR parts and some GM ZL1 parts) otherwise wheel hop will be hopeless. Switching to a high-performance one-piece driveshaft is really necessary; over 700HP the stock shaft will likely break just a matter of time. If you can't manage the power to the ground what good is it? Finally, there is the matter of tires and rims. I went to wider rims at 10" front/11" rear with 285/30 and 305/30-20. For general street I use Michelin PS4 which some consider expensive but they offer the best all around traction and cornering but even premium wide summer tires don't do much in 1st, 2nd or 3rd with the type of power you will achieve. Drag radials are needed, either Nitto or Mickey T's for serious work on street from dig or at strip.

Those are my opinions on our kind of build. Please do update me on your build. I know you will find the 427 worth it. Putting a F1A94 on an OEM block with OEM pistons and other internals would not be in one piece for very long.

MJB
CSP Build 1/20. Procharger D1X w/Stage 2 IC, Texas Speed 427CI long block w/forged internals/ported LT1 heads/FI cam, LT4 HPFP/injectors, ATI balancer, MM catch can, FTI torque converter, CSP meth injection & aux fuel, Aeroforce gauges, MSD wires, race BOV, PCM/TCM tune.
SS2017_MJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #17
blubewy

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS2017_MJB View Post
Hi,

The car is doing quite well. No explosions LOL. I have the D1Xand you will have its big brother the F1A94 so you can expect to be in the mid-900 to 1000 RWHP range with a 427CI with all the internal goodies, FI tuned cam, headers, and meth injection. The one factor that is personal choice is the trade-off between maxing out on high-end HP versus sacrificing a little top end HP for low end drive-ability, a little more mid-range torque, and reliability. I opted for a mid-range cam tailored for FI -- not a peaky cam where things would bog down low and the tuner (Andrew of Complete Street Performance) and I agreed to leave a few HP at the table to have margin. I recommend you consider not going wild cam-wise -- focus on getting some torque down low since we have centrifugal not Whipple, Kong, etc. (my cam is high lift for torque but a 2 out of 4 on duration scale). I wanted my engine to be bullet proof and live at 800+ RWHP all day versus reaching another 50 HP more and being on the edge.
MJB
Oh man hearing you, or reading in this case, talk about your car just got me so damn excited for mine LOL! I do think the shop went with a mild FI cam, I will confirm with them a bit later, I did go ahead and requested the shop to add a driveshaft and axles to the build, many others suggested I do that. Why risk stuff breaking right? I had already installed a full bmr suspension setup, also adding some KW Coilovers, toyos r888r all around, 285/20/10, and 315/20/11. I hope this thing hooks on the streets.

How would you rate the daily drivability of your badass camaro?
I know its a dumb question lol, but I do plan on driving mine around quite a bit
blubewy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2017 camaro ss, 8at, csp build, mrr wheels, procharger p1x d1x