Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 11-16-2019, 01:01 PM   #1
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Go-Fund-me for Hailstorm

Many of you folks who have been around the forum for a while, will remember Hailstorm (Shelia). She was a fixture around here when the forum was rocking. She is a veteran who is raising her young grandchild as a single grandmother. She recently suffered sudden onset of 2 strokes caused by blood clots in her brain. She is home now but has not been released to return to work. Finances are becoming a real problem at this point. This is one of the hardest working ladies I know & I feel so badly for her having to go through such a serious medical crisis & having a literally miraculous survival. She still has a lot of physical therapy & medical treatment to get to a full recovery. Add to this the stress of being put in a position to have to ask for financial assistance and it is just overwhelming. Anything you can give would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a copy of what she wrote on her Go-Fund-Me page and the link:

https://www.gofundme.com/f/medical-b...SaSrW84MP5gSLg

Due to having 2 Strokes 10/30/19 in the Anterior & Posterior Cerebellum. I'm home recovering using my accumulated work leave. Come this week I will have used all my leave, placing me in Leave Without Pay under FMLA. Once I go into LWOP my employer will cover my portion on my Medical Insurance with me repaying it back upon returned to employment. This creating another debt outside the Medical Bills , Insurance Deductible, Co-pays, Medicine Co-pays. Trips to UNC Chapel Hill. The Stress is adding. With these worries I still have to maintain my Household Mortgage, Homeowners Insurance, Utilities, Food, Auto Insurance, previous debts I've acquired when the necessity struck with just my income.
My Pride is shattered by doing this. Asking for help that is not in my character. As a Single Grandmother of 54 years of age. One that has worked since she was 11 years old paying taxes. A Veteran without claimed military disabilities. One who has worked for the Federal Service for over 20 years. A Grandmother that solely raises her 3 year Old Grand Daughter, on that one income. Holidays are near, bills coming due. My Pride is no longer a factor. Not just about ME!
My Goal is to lessen the stress during my recovery. Get back to work as soon as possible. To gain my life back and get back into our normal daily routine. I'm hoping with your help, the stress is relieved some. Ease the burden of my stressing.
Thank you in advance.
Please don't judge. It takes a Strong Woman to do this.
Sheila