Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 12-21-2016, 09:39 PM   #15
daverom

Drives: 2016 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcoloredblack View Post
I have posted in other threads with this same problem. I have a 2017 m6 ss and am having similar issues in cold weather. It seems to improve once warmed up. Have you noticed this too? Is this happening or exacerbated right after start up?

I have learned in these transmissions the 1st and second gear have triple crown sincros unlike gears 3 through 6. One thought is when the transmission is cold it can be very difficult to get it to engage right.

Please keep us updated.
I do think it is worse in cold weather. It seemed to get better over the summer, and then significantly worse in last few weeks. However, even when car is completely warmed up I am still having problem. I also noticed that it wasn't as bad with rev matching on....Until recently. Now it just it no matter what. I'm just shifting 1-3 until my service visit so I don't go nuts!
daverom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 09:42 AM   #16
Mountain

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE, 2016 1SS (previous)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperBlue View Post
I'm fairly certain the transmission doesn't have any cables.
There are no shift cables. There is a remote-mounted shifter (attached to the body/transmission tunnel of the car), that connects to the transmission main shift shaft through, essentially, an extended rod. The remote shifter design is actually pretty good, compared to anything Ford ever comes up with, most past GM designs and similar, but improved to what is on the Challenger.
Mountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 11:26 AM   #17
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by daverom View Post
I do think it is worse in cold weather. It seemed to get better over the summer, and then significantly worse in last few weeks. However, even when car is completely warmed up I am still having problem. I also noticed that it wasn't as bad with rev matching on....Until recently. Now it just it no matter what. I'm just shifting 1-3 until my service visit so I don't go nuts!
Hi daverom,

I’m sorry to learn you’re experiencing this shifting concern with your Camaro and certainly recognize your frustration. I have taken some time to read over this thread, and see that you are working with your dealership. If you’d like us to provide an additional layer of support throughout this process, feel free to send us a private message. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and dealership name in your message if this is something of interest.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:14 PM   #18
daverom

Drives: 2016 2SS
Hey, just an update. Just picked up Camaro from dealership. Repair was great. They replaced 2nd gear, and 1-2 synchro.

The strange thing is, the whole transmission feels better. Since there's been a problem from the beginning, I didn't realized how bad tranny was. Now, it shifts so smoothly into every gear...used to be rough. Also, the shifter is "tight" in each gear. It used to feel loose in each gear, but I didn't realize it was a problem.
daverom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 05:19 PM   #19
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
Great news!! Enjoy!!
Old 01-09-2017, 05:38 PM   #20
HyperBlue

Drives: 2011 MB E350 wagon
Great news! Enjoy!
Old 01-09-2017, 06:57 PM   #21
camaro5

Drives: X-15 Velocipede
They probably put better fluid in it.

For example, Royal Purple gear oil is know to improve action and feel.
camaro5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 07:44 AM   #22
jhempsrt4

Drives: braaaaap
Awesome news! Mine sometimes pops out of second as well, and has done it since it was new. It is rare though. I have noticed that I have to pull a little harder into second to make sure it stays.
jhempsrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:08 PM   #23
Whitemaro6

Drives: 16 Summit white, Ceramic white 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhempsrt4 View Post
Awesome news! Mine sometimes pops out of second as well, and has done it since it was new. It is rare though. I have noticed that I have to pull a little harder into second to make sure it stays.
Mine does the exact same thing
Whitemaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 06:04 PM   #24
Oastjc

Drives: 2SS
I am also experiencing the same problem, is there any way you can help me to reach out to a dealership to fix this? I bought my pre owned certified last week..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Hi daverom,

I’m sorry to learn you’re experiencing this shifting concern with your Camaro and certainly recognize your frustration. I have taken some time to read over this thread, and see that you are working with your dealership. If you’d like us to provide an additional layer of support throughout this process, feel free to send us a private message. Please be sure to include your full contact information, current mileage, VIN, and dealership name in your message if this is something of interest.

We hope to hear from you soon!

Julie C
Chevrolet Customer Care
Oastjc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:02 AM   #25
mike'SS

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro 2SS M6
I just bought my 2SS a few weeks ago and i notice that happen to me the other day. Maybe because im still in the process of breaking it in but i hope it doesn't happen again.
mike'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 11:03 AM   #26
mike'SS

Drives: Gen 6 Camaro 2SS M6
What driving mode were you in?
mike'SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 01:59 PM   #27
jhutch

Drives: 2010 2SS ABM -Sold
I am a year and a half into owning my 2SS, this issue just started happening with my camaro as well this month. I only have 3200 miles on the car.

1.) The car will refuse to let me into 2nd gear even when at high rpm
2.) I have experienced grinds with the clutch fully pressed down.
3.) The issue with the car saying it's in 2nd gear when I am still in neutral as well. Scared me as I was in traffic trying to move through a busy intersection

Sad part is I brought this issue up at my dealership last week during my oil change and they could not look at. They do not have any loaner cars so I have to wait until they can give me a car so they can look at my issues. Sad really.
Old 10-09-2019, 05:55 AM   #28
boydscout

Drives: 2018 Chevy Camaro 1SS 1LE
Well, did they find a problem? I'm having the same issue in a 2018 1le. Too it in and the dealer can't find anything.
boydscout is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2016 2ss, 2ss, manual transmission, popping out of gear, transmission