Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-29-2016, 02:20 AM   #29
BlackbeastSS2

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE Shock Candy
Same noise

Attachment 811101Hi, I have a whistling noise every time I drive coming from the happy driver, driving his beautiful 2016 Camaro 2SS down the rode. ������������ strange happy noise, usually followed by a burnout.
Diamond Piston & Manley Rods, Roto Fab Big Gulp
BTR Push Rods,LS7 Lifters, ARP, FI Chiller, Kirkey Seats
SJM Line Lock, Hurst Pistol Grip. 747/739 RWHP street tune - 821/794 RWHP track tune 98 octane.
2014 Mini Cooper countryman S All4 M6 daily driver

Last edited by BlackbeastSS2; 12-11-2017 at 01:18 PM.
BlackbeastSS2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 07:15 AM   #30
ThatRedFirebird

Drives: 2002 Pontiac T/Am, 2016 Camaro 2SS
My car whistles whenever I am off the gas, above 40ish mph and in gear. No cruise control or braking. I just started noticing it last weekend. Not sure if the sunroof is whistling or its the mirror like you said. Is there an easy way to test?
ThatRedFirebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2016, 08:35 AM   #31
webberj1

Drives: 2016 SS
I'm sitting in my dealerships lobby right now. In for oil change and wind noise review. Tech went on a drive with me. He immediately heard the wind noise and agreed something's wrong. I got lucky...this tech purchased his own gen6 earlier this year and knows from experience how its supposed to be. They said they were going to call gm and see what are the known issues...I'll let you all know how it turns out.
webberj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 06:08 PM   #32
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Dealer said its normal, is there a TSB for this?

On a positive, they did fix the exhaust rattle.
Old 08-17-2016, 07:16 PM   #33
1sspat
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 2016 2SS, 6SP, NPP, MRC, NAV
UPDATE

So I dropped the car off of at my local dealer on Aug 15th. On the 16th they informed me that they removed the mirror assembly, tape the holes, and test drove the vehicle. They stated they did not hear the whistling noise anymore and would be replacing the mirror assembly the following day after they painted it.

Today, 8/17, I went to the dealer and got the car back. Car no longer has any annoying whistling noise. Fingers crossed it stays that way. They put a new mirror assembly on and used the same glass from privious assembly.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issues.
Old 09-07-2016, 10:19 AM   #34
Roto-fab 1

Drives: 16 Camaro SS w/ Roto-fab CAI
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sspat View Post
UPDATE

So I dropped the car off of at my local dealer on Aug 15th. On the 16th they informed me that they removed the mirror assembly, tape the holes, and test drove the vehicle. They stated they did not hear the whistling noise anymore and would be replacing the mirror assembly the following day after they painted it.

Today, 8/17, I went to the dealer and got the car back. Car no longer has any annoying whistling noise. Fingers crossed it stays that way. They put a new mirror assembly on and used the same glass from privious assembly.

Hope this helps anyone with the same issues.
If all else fails, I'm sure a Heartbeat S/C whine will drown it out

Michael
Roto-fab 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 10:51 AM   #35
samsumon

Drives: 4 wheels
Noise...is...not...normal....Dealers...are...****i ng...stupid.
samsumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:56 PM   #36
avalonandl

Drives: 2019 ZL-1
When they say "normal" that is dealerish for "we don't know how to fix it"....

If you guys understood the amount of engineering that goes into the outside mirrors on our cars toady you would be amazed. The company I worked for had a plant acquired in an acquistion that made mirrors in Indiana. We used to vibrate those suckers and they would shine a laser onto them to watch for certain resonances and try and tune it out....
avalonandl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 02:58 PM   #37
samsumon

If...anyone...has..an..issue...PM...Me...I...Will. ..Set..Your..Dealer...Straight...
Old 09-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #38
GMF

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
samsumon: Which dealer in Clearwater helped you out? I am in Tampa and have the same problem. Thanks.
GMF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:17 PM   #39
sdsuguy23

Drives: 2016 Camaro LT
Anyone found an answer to this issue? The dealer told me the noise is normal simply because another camaro on the lot had a similar issue, I have contacted GM but they seem all too happy to let it go as a "working as expected" scenario. What can I do to get this fixed? :(
sdsuguy23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 05:50 PM   #40
samsumon

PEOPLE CANT READ. IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE CALL ME. THIS IS NOT ****ING NORMAL AND IM ON A MISSION TO MAKE SURE GM FIXES THEIR MISTAKE.
Old 11-12-2016, 11:04 AM   #41
kasperdsmk

Drives: Hopeful 2017 2ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
PEOPLE CANT READ. IF YOU HAVE AN ISSUE CALL ME. THIS IS NOT ****ING NORMAL AND IM ON A MISSION TO MAKE SURE GM FIXES THEIR MISTAKE.
Love your passion.. I hope if mine ever makes the sound. I remember to call you.
kasperdsmk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:48 PM   #42
BluVel Camaro

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by samsumon View Post
I'm the guy that started the thread.

Get your side mirrors replaced... multiple times until the noise goes away. I had GM engineers come out to my shop themselves. I was 12 hours from getting a new car until the issue was fixed....

OEM side mirror caused the issue
replacement mirrors STILL caused the issue
THIRD and final set fixed the issue

Tell you dealer to call me and I will set them straight. Seriously, PM me for my number and Ill gladly chew them the **** out. Or do what I did to mine, "if 4 cars on your lot are lined up and they make the noise, ill donate 1k to charity under your name".. Shut them the **** up. Then called GM directly and got a District manager who got the engineers involved.. The guy was AMAZING and if it wasn't for him, I'd have gone nuts.

Again, tell your dealer to go **** themselves and call me in the process. I'm that angry and passionate about showing them how idiotic they can be sometimes after the ****ing mess they put me through.\

In the end I got one months car payment taken off and a $1500 GM certificate for accessories.
That's what the tech at my dealer said. The noise was coming from the side mirrors but yet when I went back to go pick up my car those pieces of s*** didn't even fix it. Pissed me off.
BluVel Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote