Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 02-07-2024, 12:44 AM   #127
JohnS2024

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Panther #190
I’m the guy….

I’m the guy who bought it. As I mentioned on BaT, I didn’t buy it for investment purposes. If the value goes up so be it but I’m fairly sure the market will stay strong on these cars. That remains to be seen. I’m a car guy and will enjoy looking at it for years to come. As an FYI, I called about every dealer who got one and thrust me, they know what they got. I highly doubt one was sold for MSRP, and if someone did manage to get one they can consider themselves very fortunate. The truth is I had a max number in mind and quite frankly, had the person bidding against me made just one more bid it would have been theirs. But, as things go, I own one now and it pairs up nicely with my convertible Panther edition. I worked hard for 50 years and coffins don’t have pockets. 😉😉😉
JohnS2024 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 12:51 AM   #128
Bumbleboy92
Long hauler

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnS2024 View Post
I’m the guy who bought it. As I mentioned on BaT, I didn’t buy it for investment purposes. If the value goes up so be it but I’m fairly sure the market will stay strong on these cars. That remains to be seen. I’m a car guy and will enjoy looking at it for years to come. As an FYI, I called about every dealer who got one and thrust me, they know what they got. I highly doubt one was sold for MSRP, and if someone did manage to get one they can consider themselves very fortunate. The truth is I had a max number in mind and quite frankly, had the person bidding against me made just one more bid it would have been theirs. But, as things go, I own one now and it pairs up nicely with my convertible Panther edition. I worked hard for 50 years and coffins don’t have pockets. ������
Hey John, hope you enjoy the car!

I didn’t even make the connection in my head when you commented in the CE thread till now lol

You have quite the duo with both special edition cars
Happiness: Infinite

Bumbleboy92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 05:20 AM   #129
LiquidRS

Drives: '21 Camaro ZLE
Quote:
I’m the guy who bought it. As I mentioned on BaT, I didn’t buy it for investment purposes. If the value goes up so be it but I’m fairly sure the market will stay strong on these cars. That remains to be seen. I’m a car guy and will enjoy looking at it for years to come. As an FYI, I called about every dealer who got one and thrust me, they know what they got. I highly doubt one was sold for MSRP, and if someone did manage to get one they can consider themselves very fortunate. The truth is I had a max number in mind and quite frankly, had the person bidding against me made just one more bid it would have been theirs. But, as things go, I own one now and it pairs up nicely with my convertible Panther edition. I worked hard for 50 years and coffins don’t have pockets. 😉😉😉

well played. `Would love to see some pics of both cars once you receive them.
LiquidRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:11 AM   #130
fswanson24

Drives: 2024 Camaro ZL1 CE Convertible
Quote:
That is awesome! Enjoy both of those great cars.
fswanson24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:44 AM   #131
WhiteMale

Drives: 23 ZL1 A10 Rapid Blue
Related question...do you pay tax on MSRP or the SALE Price? Or does it not matter?
WhiteMale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 09:57 AM   #132
ZPirate

Drives: 2023 Summit White Camaro ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMale View Post
Related question...do you pay tax on MSRP or the SALE Price? Or does it not matter?
Typically you pay tax on the purchase price. At least here in NC that's how it works when you go to register the car.
2022 Rapid Blue 1SS 1LE M6 (delivered 2/19/22) (Sold)
2009 BMW 135i (Sold)
ZPirate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 10:24 AM   #133
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
He states his location is in South Carolina. It will not matter if registered in SC (5% tax up to sales price of $10,000). In SC you pay a maximum sales tax of $500 when you register it. But you have to pay property tax before registering it.
Old 02-07-2024, 10:24 AM   #134
Vigilante375

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Whatever the finally price is, that's the tax you pay. MSRP is $60k and you pay $10k over, you pay taxes on $70k.
Vigilante375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 11:04 AM   #135
Caerus

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
I’m the guy who bought it. 😉😉😉
Welcome to the forum. You will fit in nicely here with your love for the Camaro. Congratulations on your two special ZL1's. Look forward to some pictures in the photos sub forum.
Old 02-07-2024, 02:23 PM   #136
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
Quote:

Props to you brother! I don't know your situation but I envy anyone that can afford to pay prices like that for what you really want, regardless of the reason. collector or not.

For your sake and others, I hope they do go up in value but that may take some time I think. Since Camaro went away, it may help that scenario.
2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 11:13 AM   #137
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Here we go again

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ecial-edition/
Old 02-15-2024, 12:07 PM   #138
jfkheat
jfkheat

Drives: 2023 Rapid Blue ZL1
I doubt that it will bring what the last one sold for.
jfkheat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2024, 12:36 PM   #139
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
Multimillionaires playing millionaire games. It’s a good gig if you are in the group and want to play. I like to drive em so having one would be difficult just to keep mileage down.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2024, 10:41 AM   #140
Big Swole
The Poe Poe

Drives: 17 911 Turbo S, 23' 2SS1LE, 06 S2K
I was just about to post that one on BAT.... Yeah, I doubt it'll go that high again.

Interested to see though.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/20...ecial-edition/

2016 RAM Mega Cab 4x4 Diesel - Silver

Big Swole is offline   Reply With Quote