Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Phastek Performance

Old 10-08-2023, 08:10 PM   #57
ember1205
Hot Camaro

Drives: '20 2SS Convertible 6MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
Car back at the dealer again. So i was waiting for parts so they can get the oil leak fix and on the 27 of September going home from work i started hearing knocking noise from the engine. I called the dealership for a appointment for the next day. Drop it off and a week later they told me that i need a new engine. Gm ok it. With the strike going on doesnt look like am getting my car anytime soon. Should i talk to GM about getting a new vehicle or should i go straight to a lemon lawyer.
Sorry to hear this.

Lemon Laws are sometimes the route to take, but it doesn't necessarily work out "in your favor" many times. You could certainly look into it, but odds are that it would end up costing you some money to get out of the car you are in.

If you haven't opened a case for this, get one opened now and ask to involve the local rep to discuss options. They key is to "ask for help" and not demand anything. Ask about what GM can do directly to help you as well as what they could do to assist the dealer if the dealer were to help "trade you out" of the car and into a new one.
ember1205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2023, 11:30 AM   #58
haggler

Drives: '23 2SS RSblue 6MT, sold '19 ND2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrupt View Post
No but i told them before that the sound from the muffer didnt sound the same like if the valve for the muffler where not opening and the gear shifting wasnt smooth. Right after when they so called fix the oil leak i was on the freeway my car lost power, it like if i put it in neutral but the rpm whould not rev up but still had control of the car so i coast to side of the freeway. Turn everything off and tried to start the car after the third try it start and that when the noise from the muffler sound different.
Go through CA lemon law, you don't need an attorney it will be done through arbitration with the BBB. I did this in 2006 with a VW GTI. I didn't pay a penny and they gave me all my money back minus $400 for wear and tear. I had the car for 8 months (electrical problems, airbag). I had taken it into the dealer 3 times for airbag light, and on that third attempt they sent a regional tech to install a brand new seat from Germany. Still had an airbag light.

You can elect for a new car or your money back.

https://bbbprograms.org/programs/all...ate/california

Quote:
What is considered a “reasonable” number of repair attempts?
While the definition of “reasonable” is not conclusively established in the law, there is a presumption that a reasonable number of repair attempts has been made if, within 18 months of delivery, or 18,000 miles, whichever comes first, one or more of the following occurs: 

You have taken the vehicle in for repair by the manufacturer or its agents:
Four or more times for the same problem and it still is not fixed, or
Two or more times for the same problem, if that problem is big enough to cause death or serious injury, and it still is not fixed, or
The vehicle has been out of service for repair for more than 30 days (the 30 days do not need to be in a row)
, and

If required by the warranty or owner’s manual, you notified the manufacturer about the problem.

If your vehicle is a lemon, meaning the manufacturer cannot repair the defect, the manufacturer must repurchase or replace it. In this situation, the consumer has the right to choose a refund instead of a replacement vehicle. 

5-6-22:1100,
7-19-22: 3000,
8-3-22: TPW 8/15/22,
10-4-22: ETA 10/13/2022
10-15-22 6000
haggler is offline   Reply With Quote