Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 04-14-2020, 02:27 PM   #1
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS
LSA S.C. install on LS3: the project begins

Picked up the first pieces of my LSA S.C. today (most expensive parts). I am now working on the shopping list. As I go I thought it might be a useful thread for the many others that have done this project to post some dos and dont’s, things learned along the way that would go different if they could do it again.

I have the blower (lower part only), injectors and a double fuel pump, all from a member that I did not get permission from to share his name, but it was a great transaction and I am excited to receive the parts. I literally don’t have anything else yet, but have a good shopping list and the ADM how to that was posted on another thread.

I am looking at mostly OEM parts, so any advice on better than OEM parts would be great. Install advice, like “make sure you do this first...” If you have any parts to sell PM me, I don’t want this to be a marketplace thread. More of a discussion of the experience from LSA installs.
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Valkyrie14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 08:22 PM   #2
RupertPupkin

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 1Le
Are you doing a cam also!
RupertPupkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 09:16 PM   #3
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
I think he opted to just go FI for now
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2020, 10:39 PM   #4
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Hornet is right. After the LSA if (and probably when) I want more HP I will go for the cam. As I am shopping for parts I think the LSA is going to take some time. I could go beyond budget for one of the kits, but I decided I am going to try and do this by getting the best deal I can on each part to see how inexpensive I can add a supercharger. May save enough to buy a cam!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenhornet2 View Post
I think he opted to just go FI for now
2014 SS LS3/LSA Supercharger, 10% Super Damper, 2.55 upper, AGP Dual Pump, ID 1050 injectors, Pegasus solid rear cradle bushings, LT Headers, Roto-Fab CAI, Elite E2 catch can, E85 corn fed, 160 Thermostat, Monster Twin Disk, MGW Short Throw shifter, Tick Clutch Master Cylinder, HP Tuners, JL Audio system.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:11 AM   #5
LaN-

Drives: 2014 SS Convertible
What are you power goals?

What injectors did you get?

What pulley is on the blower?

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
LaN- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaN- View Post
What are you power goals?

What injectors did you get?

What pulley is on the blower?
I got ID850cc injectors, blower arrives tomorrow, I don’t think there is a pulley on it, if there is it is probably stock.

My goals are to get to 600, eventually.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:01 PM   #7
LaN-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie14 View Post
I got ID850cc injectors, blower arrives tomorrow, I don’t think there is a pulley on it, if there is it is probably stock.

My goals are to get to 600, eventually.
850's are good

replace the pulley now because you can't once its on the car. The entire blower needs to be removed.

While the car is torn down you'll want to think about putting in a cam.

I've got ported heads, NA cam, headers and the LSA with stock pulley and are putting down 630.

628/525

Suspension: Koni orange, (BMR everything) 1" drop springs, toe rods, trailer arms, non adjustable LCR, FE4 sway bars, sub frame connectors, delrin sub frame bushing and upper control arm bushings. Front bushings.
Old 04-16-2020, 03:04 PM   #8
Greenhornet2

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaN- View Post
850's are good

replace the pulley now because you can't once its on the car. The entire blower needs to be removed.

While the car is torn down you'll want to think about putting in a cam.

I've got ported heads, NA cam, headers and the LSA with stock pulley and are putting down 630.
Shhhhh, we just talked him into doing the SC before doing the cam rather than vice versa lol.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Old 04-16-2020, 04:21 PM   #9
LaN-

Quote:
Shhhhh, we just talked him into doing the SC before doing the cam rather than vice versa lol.
Doing a blower first is the best choice. I did a cam first and regretted it.

628/525

Old 04-16-2020, 04:37 PM   #10
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Lol, it is true. I am glad to hear that advice echoed by another experienced member.

Gotta be honest though. I was looking at the ADM instructional PDF that another member posted and once I saw the tear down, I was thinking that I would pull the valve covers to paint them. Then why not upgrade the rockers while the covers were off. Then well why not do the cam and just replace the whole valve train. You see how this goes? I know you guys understand.

For budget purposes I am going to have to restrain myself...for now.
Old 04-16-2020, 04:41 PM   #11
Sinister10

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
"might as well" gets expensive.......

but i will be following this thread, i plan on going FI by means of an LSA sometime in the future
2010 2SS/RS 6M, MGW flatstick, CAI cold air intake, SLP loudmouth 2 axleback, TSP 1 7/8 headers w/ hfc, pfadt 1" springs, SRP pedals, emblempros "6.2L" emblems on hood, ZL1 grill, M/T SC-5 wheels, nitto motivo 275f 315r. ZL1 addons wickerbill, smoked lenses, resonator delete x pipe, diode dynamics DRLs 1LE suede steering wheel, mighty mouse CC. SCTX4 and Dyno Steve tune.
Sinister10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 06:01 PM   #12
Greenhornet2

Yup. I did the whipple first and enjoyed it last year. Did the cam and valve train this winter. Done with the engine. Next will be clutch, trans rebuild, zl1 diff. Whichever breaks first. Then if I hurt the motor I may be going dart block forged and TT..... car is gonna be close to the cost of my house by the time i'm done. Hopefully I get years of fun before all that though.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:36 PM   #13
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Purchased another package of goods. Got lid, heat exchanger, fuel rail, hoses, and beauty cover today.
Old 04-16-2020, 07:38 PM   #14
Valkyrie14
Valkyrie14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinister10 View Post
"might as well" gets expensive.......

but i will be following this thread, i plan on going FI by means of an LSA sometime in the future
So far I can tell you that there are plenty of parts out there. It can be as easy as getting a kit from a vendor for around $6000. Or how I’m doing it finding guys that have ZL1s that went for a Whipple and are selling what is sitting in their garage.

I have all of the $$$ pieces so far and I am only in $3,350 so far.