Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 09-14-2018, 08:36 PM   #15
Spinuck

Drives: ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
Got rear ended today by a careless Enterprise Rent-A-Car employee. He made a right turn at an intersection into the right rear corner of my stationary car. In addition to the obvious damage to the bumper cover and lower valance, the passenger side exhaust tips are pushed in and over. I am afraid the exhaust might be significantly tweaked. No clue yet about any internal damage to the bumper support or mounting points. I'm going to get an estimate from the dealer after work today, but any guesses/estimates as to how much $$ in damage we're looking at?
Sorry about the wreck, hope it gets taken care of. Your name caught my attention as I'm a fan of Jeeps as well and just joined the camaro owners family. I'm actually over the hill from you (more or less). Good luck with the repairs.
Spinuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:16 PM   #16
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Some girl got mine while backing out of a parking space as I drove slowly by. Not as bad as yours and I think it was about $2500 or so. Worst part was that her insurance card was expired and they couldn't find her. Plus, I had only had the car for three weeks.

Name:  20160905_144724.jpg
Views: 653
Size:  189.8 KB

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:27 PM   #17
Firehead640
DEVLMAN

Drives: White 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
Drugs can stay still show up on tests WEEKS after use. I've worked for Enterprise and Hertz. I saw this situation time after time.
He will probably get the standard mouth swap which detects within the last 12 hours of use or so. That is pretty standard operating procedures nowadays. Most companies aren't concerned that you use, but that you don't use within a reasonable time frame that may impair you at work.

Quote:
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
HOWEVER, I somewhat agree with this. It really depends on the employees attitude. Personally, I would avoid dragging someone through the mud if I can. If you can file and have the damage covered by insurance without having to utilize the companies insurance, than by all means do that. Which requires a little bit of lying, and a police report.

In this case, I'd imagine that if you manage to not drag the poor SOB that drove into your rear end, it'll result in you paying higher premiums(maybe). So at that end, I say screw that.

Up to you.
Firehead640 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 09:40 PM   #18
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
OP, ensure you file a claim with your own insurance and let them do the collection with Enterprise. That's the best way.

Dealer is OK but B&S Hacienda is also excellent and they have locations near you. PM me if you need a contact name.
Old 09-14-2018, 09:52 PM   #19
zr1chris

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS/1LE
I think I'm going to have nightmares of your pics. Damn dumbass people that can't just watch what they are doing.

Hope you get it fixed good as new!
zr1chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 10:34 PM   #20
jeep_junkie

Drives: 2000 Trans Am M6
Quote:
They are going to test the enterprise employee for drugs and alcohol because he was in wreck while using the company car. If the results are positive he will lose his job. So while you are upset the car got damaged the employee is about to lose their job. Slow down and think about that for a second.
Your concern for the welfare of fellow human is admirable but he made a mistake and whatever consequences he suffers are a result of his own choices. I just wish he didn't have to be careless around my car. I know it's a car and it can be repaired but I will also have to go through the hassle and inconvenience of having it repaired properly and the dissatisfaction of dealing with people who will certainly try to cut corners on this job.
Old 09-14-2018, 10:44 PM   #21
matt fe2o3

Drives: 2SS Hyper Blue
I don't get the pka post. What is the OP supposed to do, ignore the damage and just say, "oh well - sucks to be me"? No, like everyone that operates a motor vehicle insurance and liability is part of it.

If a job has a drug restriction and it's violated by the employee (and that's supposition - that the driver for Enterprise did violate a policy), that's on the Enterprise employee.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:07 PM   #22
JamesNoBrakes

Drives: 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by STYLO LT1 View Post
“DRUGS CAN STAY STILL SHOW UP... WHAT??? Those who do drugs and cause harm to other or their property deserve to pay the consequences. PERIOD!
What about those who "do cell phones"?

2018 2SS 1LE
2023 Colorado ZR2
2022 Stinger GT-line AWD
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 11:10 PM   #23
jeep_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by red6.2 View Post
I must warn you keep an eye on the car when they're working on it, if you can get a camera installed or a voice recorder because they will hot rod the s*** out of your car. The other employee from the company you stated should be at fault and they should test for the things the person above me stated. If he was under the influence he shouldn't be driving anyways.
I've always been afraid of being at the receiving end of California drivers' stupidity, so definitely going to invest in forward and rear facing dash cams. I'll turn Valet Mode on too when the car goes for repair. As for the at-fault party's possible impairment, I have neither any clue nor reason to suspect, but if the employer does drug testing, that's their prerogative. In any case, it should be immaterial to the resolution of the claim.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1hprush View Post
From the pics, looks like you will need a bumper cover and rear valance. Not sure about the exhaust, it looks like the valance is moved, not the exhaust, hard to tell. Regardless of the cost, you shouldn't be out any $$. Good luck!
I had a good look at it again - the valance is deformed from the hit but the outer exhaust tip got pushed closer to the inner one as well as pushed back. I'll have to get under the car to see where it got deformed. FWIW, the license plate of the other car bore the impression of the outer exhaust tip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead640 View Post
It really depends on the employees attitude. Personally, I would avoid dragging someone through the mud if I can. If you can file and have the damage covered by insurance without having to utilize the companies insurance, than by all means do that. Which requires a little bit of lying, and a police report.

In this case, I'd imagine that if you manage to not drag the poor SOB that drove into your rear end, it'll result in you paying higher premiums(maybe). So at that end, I say screw that.

Up to you.
I neither intend to drag the employee through the mud, nor do I think it's necessary. He made a mistake, and that's what their insurance is for. There's no need to lie about anything. They were at fault, so they should pay for the damage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt fe2o3 View Post
OP, ensure you file a claim with your own insurance and let them do the collection with Enterprise. That's the best way.

Dealer is OK but B&S Hacienda is also excellent and they have locations near you. PM me if you need a contact name.
Won't filing a claim with my insurance jack my premium up? I am going to get some estimates tomorrow. I'll check out B&S Hacienda. Any other recommendations?
Old 09-14-2018, 11:17 PM   #24
jeep_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
What about those who "do cell phones"?
Yeah that's a disease around here. The world's worst drivers for sure.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:22 PM   #25
jeep_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by zr1chris View Post
I think I'm going to have nightmares of your pics. Damn dumbass people that can't just watch what they are doing.

Hope you get it fixed good as new!
It certainly is an ongoing nightmare. It better get fixed as good as new, since it will probably show up on a Carfax anyway :/
Old 09-14-2018, 11:39 PM   #26
jeep_junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinuck View Post
Sorry about the wreck, hope it gets taken care of. Your name caught my attention as I'm a fan of Jeeps as well and just joined the camaro owners family. I'm actually over the hill from you (more or less). Good luck with the repairs.
Thanks, man. I learned how to drive in a 1952 Willy's M38 that my father bought for my elder brother. Jeeps have been a part of my DNA ever since. Currently we have a 1979 CJ7, a 1982 CJ7 Jamboree edition, and a 1963 M170 field ambulance in the family.
Old 09-15-2018, 06:09 AM   #27
crosive

Drives: 18 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep_junkie View Post
I've always been afraid of being at the receiving end of California drivers' stupidity, so definitely going to invest in forward and rear facing dash cams. I'll turn Valet Mode on too when the car goes for repair. As for the at-fault party's possible impairment, I have neither any clue nor reason to suspect, but if the employer does drug testing, that's their prerogative. In any case, it should be immaterial to the resolution of the claim.
valet mode won't really do a whole lot, I think it just locks the trunk and keeps it from being opened with the remote. both that and teenager mode don't do anything to limit the car, but I believe teenager mode atleast gives you a "report card" of how it was driven afterwards.
crosive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 06:33 AM   #28
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firehead640 View Post
He will probably get the standard mouth swap which detects within the last 12 hours of use or so. That is pretty standard operating procedures nowadays. Most companies aren't concerned that you use, but that you don't use within a reasonable time frame that may impair you at work.

HOWEVER, I somewhat agree with this. It really depends on the employees attitude. Personally, I would avoid dragging someone through the mud if I can. If you can file and have the damage covered by insurance without having to utilize the companies insurance, than by all means do that. Which requires a little bit of lying, and a police report.

Up to you.
See, now this guy understands. Could not have said it better myself.