Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-21-2018, 07:56 PM   #2031
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by shaffe View Post
Yeah the 99-04 really needed to change the rear gears to get moving. IIRC GT's came with 3.27s from the factory. I put 4.10s in mine and that really helped it move. Good times lol
I did 4.10s on mine as well. It helped on the low end. But it killed my top end. I had nothing left after 90 MPH. If I got another one I would never touch the gears.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 08:10 AM   #2032
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I did 4.10s on mine as well. It helped on the low end. But it killed my top end. I had nothing left after 90 MPH. If I got another one I would never touch the gears.
BLASPHEMY!!!! I will argue you to the moon and back on that lol. 4.10s and no less on a N/A 2V.
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #2033
End User

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE, 2012 GLI M6
Quote:
I think alot of people agree the auto especially the A10 would make the ZLE faster, but nope can't get one.
M6 ZL1 is as fast as an A10 ZL1 around Big Willow:

M6 1:26.15
A10 1:26.47

The A10 will flatter the less skillful driver.
End User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 11:02 AM   #2034
shaffe

Quote:
Originally Posted by End User View Post

M6 1:26.15
A10 1:26.47

Didn't they intially get a faster time with the A10 then some engineers made some "adjustments" to the M6 car ? I thought I read that somewhere

back to topics of Mustangs

Motorweek got their M6 GT to 12.4 @ 115 Car was a PP1 car with magneride

http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...ord-mustang-gt

Also no mention of "floaty or sitting on top of phonebook" in this review
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
Old 02-22-2018, 11:49 AM   #2035
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:

<snip>

Is that really a good thing at the ZL1's performance level?

Personally, I'd rather be constantly reminded that my part in it all still needs work.

Norm
Old 02-22-2018, 12:24 PM   #2036
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Didn't they intially get a faster time with the A10 then some engineers made some "adjustments" to the M6 car ? I thought I read that somewhere

back to topics of Mustangs

that last paragraph sums up whats been argued to death here.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 01:42 PM   #2037
End User

Quote:

Jethro is one of the great reviewers so if he says the PP1 suspension is a journey of discovery then I am going to believe him without a shadow of a doubt. Jonny’s comment regarding the GTs steering was even more worrysome. Motorweek does not do head to head reviews. If they did they may have said something similiar regarding PP1.

Putting aside floaty and phonebook for a sec, the Mustang was 3 seconds slower than the SS 1LE after just one rolling start lap. We know it’s not the GTs motor that is the issue. PP1 is the GTs weak link.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:52 PM   #2038
shaffe

Quote:
Jethro is one of the great reviewers so if he says the PP1 suspension is a journey of discovery then I am going to believe him without a shadow of a doubt. Jonny’s comment regarding the GTs steering was even more worrysome. Motorweek does not do head to head reviews. If they did they may have said something similiar regarding PP1.

Putting aside floaty and phonebook for a sec, the Mustang was 3 seconds slower than the SS 1LE after just one rolling start lap. We know it’s not the GTs motor that is the issue. PP1 is the GTs weak link.
Got it so the M/T review said its bad so if no other reviews mention it doesn't matter M/T is gospel LOL

I am not saying the PP1 will beat the 1LE, I know it's going to be slower. Like you mentioned, what M/T did say about the steering and how it felt like sitting on a phone book was very odd/worrysome. So far no other review (that I have seen, please correct me if I am wrong) has mentioned bad steering or floaty suspension feel. That is what I want to know. If it was as bad as M/T mentioned, you think other reviews would at least mention that it could be better/not as good as it should be. and maybe you are right, maybe it's because they aren't comparing it directly to something else. I just found it out that with how bad MT made it other reviews haven't said similar.

Last edited by shaffe; 02-22-2018 at 02:06 PM.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #2039
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
My guess is the difference is much more apparant when you drive a Mustang and Camaro back to back. And if this is just some journalist with limited skills driving a car around a road course it's different than say Randy Pobst.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #2040
End User

Quote:
Got it so the M/T review said its bad so if no other reviews mention it doesn't matter M/T is gospel LOL
M/T now has Jethro. So ya, gospel.

The best performance car reviewers in the world have all, at some point in their careers, worked for Evo - Catchpole / Meaden / Bovingdon / Harris

M/T's use of Randy as a performance driver is brilliant.

Quote:
you think other reviews would at least mention that it could be better/not as good as it should be.
The proof is in the pudding. The GT with PP1 is 3 seconds slower after just one rolling start lap.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:15 PM   #2041
End User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
My guess is the difference is much more apparant when you drive a Mustang and Camaro back to back. And if this is just some journalist with limited skills driving a car around a road course it's different than say Randy Pobst.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:24 PM   #2042
Thill444

Drives: 2020 SS1LE Shadow Gray Metallic
Quote:

I am not saying the PP1 will beat the 1LE, I know it's going to be slower. Like you mentioned, what M/T did say about the steering and how it felt like sitting on a phone book was very odd/worrysome. So far no other review (that I have seen, please correct me if I am wrong) has mentioned bad steering or floaty suspension feel. That is what I want to know. If it was as bad as M/T mentioned, you think other reviews would at least mention that it could be better/not as good as it should be. and maybe you are right, maybe it's because they aren't comparing it directly to something else. I just found it out that with how bad MT made it other reviews haven't said similar.
Ya but that Motor Week article is weak. Who was the driver? What was the road course? What was the time? How does the same driver compare in other cars?

The Motortrend artcicle was harsh, and probably too harsh as the 18 Mustang improved over the 15 and still put up some respectable numbers but the difference is the Camaro was built with the track in mind and is clearly more of a sportscar whereas the Mustang trends towards its GT roots and is more of the cruiser/street car.

The PP1 vs 1LE was never the right head to head to begin with (should have been PP1 vs SS w/Magride) but it is what it is.
Thill444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2018, 06:54 PM   #2043
End User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thill444 View Post
The PP1 vs 1LE was never the right head to head to begin with (should have been PP1 vs SS w/Magride) but it is what it is.
True. But now we are all waiting for the PP2 vs 1LE episode.
Old 02-23-2018, 03:40 AM   #2044
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
$36K for a base GT.
$40K with PP1.
$41,600 if you add Magneride shocks, lol!!
And $42,500 for the PP2.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote