Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

AWE Tuning

Old 02-10-2018, 12:48 AM   #1849
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Syphon23 View Post
Idiot Mustang guys at it again...

"I am going to mention that the PP2 w/A10 is effortless fun, & will match the Corvette on the streets"

The 18s can are pretty even with the LS3 let alone the LT1s.

smh. It's pure comedy hour over there. 24 hrs a day. I honestly believe that the Mustang community as a whole has gotten younger and dumber and it's proven by taking 1 trip over to their site. Now, they are claiming a stock '18 GT w/blower only is a 840 hp car. smh. And I'm like............wow.
Old 02-10-2018, 02:14 AM   #1850
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
You will love electric cars and that's not meant to be a put-down.

But, I find judging the car by drag racing to be pretty laughable overall, because you can simply shoe-horn a bigger engine in a car, add a blower, add meth, etc. It's much easier to take an older car from the 60s and make it a good "drag car" than it is to make it something that will compete on a track. Making "performance" all about drag-racing is way too one-dimensional. It's not that the sport is laughable, I get that people like competing in it and being able to go faster, it's that it doesn't really depend on chassis dynamics or drive-ability, so the car may handle like crap, may ride like crap, may steer like crap, may brake like crap, etc. In the real world, those things mean a lot more to me than just the straight-line acceleration. Heck, the old drag-racing cars were some of the first where automatic transmissions became "the fastest way". That again is the complete opposite reason that I bought my car. I bought it to get more connected with the car and the road with a manual trans.
I didn't say that drag racing was the ONLY aspect. I said that to me it is the most IMPORTANT aspect. I want a car that can handle. I want a car that has options and creature comforts. I want all of that. But I mainly want something that can go fast in a straight line. If I had to choose between let's say, a GT350R and a ZL1, and the GT350R beat the ZL1 around a track, but it was still a 12.2 quarter mile to the ZL1 being an 11.4, then I would pick the ZL1 hands down.Or, if I had to chose between a Hellcat and a GT350R...I'll let you guess which one I'd pick...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 02:20 AM   #1851
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:

"I am going to mention that the PP2 w/A10 is effortless fun, & will match the Corvette on the streets"

Not coming at you but...it makes us look just as childish as they are when we post their bullshit over here. I personally don't care what they're saying over there. If he is foolish enough to believe that his GT can keep up with a Corvette when the GT still has yet to beat the SS then he is a retard. I hope he fully has confidence of this and goes racing one for a large sum of money. Well, actually I bet he doesn't even have an 18 GT, an S550, or even a Mustang at all and is just talking out his ass.
Old 02-10-2018, 03:00 AM   #1852
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
smh. It's pure comedy hour over there. 24 hrs a day. I honestly believe that the Mustang community as a whole has gotten younger and dumber and it's proven by taking 1 trip over to their site. Now, they are claiming a stock '18 GT w/blower only is a 840 hp car. smh. And I'm like............wow.
I believe MAK performance in Hialeah FL made 840 on their dyno with just a P1X cat delete and E85 car trapped 142+...That seems a tad low for 840 and it’s not blower only but it’s still stout with very few mods.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:24 AM   #1853
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Mustangs were made for girls.

Still are.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 04:32 AM   #1854
Gunkk
Thank you Al Oppenheiser!

Drives: Red Hot A10 ZL1 Convertible
Are we back to "Just E85 a tune and a tire..." again?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
I believe MAK performance in Hialeah FL made 840 on their dyno with just a P1X cat delete and E85 car trapped 142+...That seems a tad low for 840 and it’s not blower only but it’s still stout with very few mods.
I wouldn't call this "very few mods" and they said they're having trouble ("gremlins") with the A10... so they probably messed up with the tune:

http://www.fordnxt.com/news/first-20...econd-barrier/

• BMR Suspension lowering springs

• DeatschWerks 1,000cc port fuel injectors

• DeatschWerks DW400 fuel pump in MAK-modified factory fuel hat

• JMS 17-inch drag wheels

• JMS FuelMax fuel pump voltage booster

• MAK cat-delete pipes

• Mickey Thompson tires

• ProCharger HO system

• Torsen differential

• UPR Products oil separator

• Velgen wheels (street)

Amazing how in 1 post we go from "blower only" to OMG 840 HP WITH A 142 TRAP!!!11!!11!!

You guys gotta stop it ... you're killing your credibility. Or don't stop, so we can continue enjoying your comedy.

Last edited by Gunkk; 02-10-2018 at 04:42 AM.
Gunkk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:06 AM   #1855
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunkk View Post
I wouldn't call this "very few mods" and they said they're having trouble ("gremlins") with the A10... so they probably messed up with the tune:

• MAK cat-delete pipes

• Mickey Thompson tires

• ProCharger HO system

• Torsen differential

• Velgen wheels (street)

Amazing how in 1 post we go from "blower only" to OMG 840 HP WITH A 142 TRAP!!!11!!11!!

You guys gotta stop it ... you're killing your credibility. Or don't stop, so we can continue enjoying your comedy.
Out of that list there are only really only 3 things making power... the blower, the off road pipe and the E85... it’s very few mods to make 840 wheel.
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 06:28 AM   #1856
Godfatha

Drives: 2016 2SS Mosaic Black Convertible
Mustang fans and their ricer math.
Godfatha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:24 AM   #1857
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Mustangs were made for girls.

Still are.
It’s true. Little girls eventually get the pony they wanted for their 5th birthday. I’ve heard a few guys buy them too.

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 07:25 AM   #1858
13vertss

Drives: 2013 Camaro convertible 2SS/RS
Quote:

What’s really funny, they don’t make a PP2 with auto.
13vertss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:24 AM   #1859
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:

• MAK cat-delete pipes

• Mickey Thompson tires

• ProCharger HO system

• Torsen differential

• Velgen wheels (street)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So since you are so intent on dismissing these numbers what will it take for an SS to run 9-seconds and 142-mph without internal engine mods. I'm sure it takes a lot less right , while we are at it what will it take for a ZL1 to run these times and mph? Also I think the SS A8 owners are having transmission issues stock correct?
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2018, 08:47 AM   #1860
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
Did Evans run that Mustang too?

Didn't we learn our lesson from magazine articles/shops/tuners/ads already?

How much would this setup cost? If I had an 18 and took it to them, could they push it to similar numbers and let it leave the shop will full confidence that it'll last and be reliable? Or will they tell me it needs this and that extra to be on the safe side?
Old 02-10-2018, 09:05 AM   #1861
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteboyblues2001 View Post
f you are comparing dynamic handling, the Camaro has a clear advantage.
For me, it really is just about this part and what it took to get to that level.

It's disappointing that Ford has taken this long to put a non-GT350 package together that has much chance of running with the 1LE, and even that's something we're going to have to wait and see on.

I'm not in car buying mode today, probably not even this year (and I certainly hope I don't get forced into it by anything unpleasant). But if I was I'd rather have a choice between cars where the performance gap wasn't this wide.

Norm
Old 02-10-2018, 09:18 AM   #1862
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
Then why didn't Ford just slap a tire on the PP1 from the start and call it a day? Why did they need this entire additional package? Why not offer the tire as an upgrade? On the SS you can upgrade the tire to what comes stock on the ZL1. If Ford had done that then they could have tested it with the upgraded tire and we would all know.
My feelings exactly. Why not? It wouldn't have taken a rocket science level of engineering.

Quote:
I agree. But I don't think it was a knife to gunfight comparison. I think it was more that Ford brought a butter-knife while GM brought a dagger.
Works for me . . .

Norm