Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 01-15-2012, 11:43 AM   #29
ss eleanor
SS Eleanor

Drives: 2010 RS/2SS Camaro
Thanks. I will try ables in Rio Vista ca. My gf and I bought another 2011 SS convert for her. Yeah Chase is a very bad dealership. I'm at the point I don't want to drive it cuz thir is something not right about it. Thanks for your input
ss eleanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #30
ss eleanor
SS Eleanor

Well I got my car back and dealer can't find where the leak is. I think it's the rear main seal but they are clueless. I'm going to call another dealer and see if I can get them to look at it. Other then that I have no idea what to do

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.102885,-121.262916
Old 01-18-2012, 05:18 PM   #31
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss eleanor View Post
Well I got my car back and dealer can't find where the leak is. I think it's the rear main seal but they are clueless. I'm going to call another dealer and see if I can get them to look at it. Other then that I have no idea what to do

---
I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=38.102885,-121.262916

Dealer can't find the leak? when having a difficult time pin-pointing a oil leak source, put dye in the engine, tell customer to drive the car for a few days, put the car on a lift, use special light to show the leak. Goodluck with the next dealer.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 07:21 PM   #32
ss eleanor
SS Eleanor

Yeah I asked about that they just wanted to change the subject. I'm so pissed at them. I'm waiting on the GM cust serv rep to get back to me to figure out what it next. I told both the dealer and the rep from GM that I spent 40k on this car and I shouldn't have any leaks and not to be treated like this
Old 01-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #33
ColtaBilly

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Do you think the dealer will fix the leak if I have a tune on the car?

2010 Camaro SS/RS, L99, CAI, Borla Cat-Back, BMR Lowering Springs, Predator Tuned
ColtaBilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 05:43 PM   #34
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtaBilly View Post
They did for me. As long as GM does not ask them to scan for a tune, you "should" be good.
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:25 PM   #35
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flynnaz View Post
They did for me. As long as GM does not ask them to scan for a tune, you "should" be good.
true
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 06:29 PM   #36
dellidog
Dellidog

Drives: 2010 2ss/rs rjt
Oil cooler leak

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtaBilly View Post
I took mine in yesterday for an oil change. Dealer knew I was looking at having the mods done. Yesterday was the first it had been back to the dealer and the Service Manager asked me if I'd decided about supercharging. Popped the hood for show and tell, while the service writer was doing the paperwork for the oil change. When I went back to the service desk they told me the oil cooler was leaking and they had already ordered the parts, warranty repair, they'll call me in a couple of days to set the appointment. I think I have a great dealer.
dellidog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:28 PM   #37
Beast6162

Drives: '12 Hennessey Vert & '17 50th Vert
I found some oil puddles on my floor recently and took the car to the dealer today to take a look. They said it is the rear main seal (there is oil all around the tranny and exhaust, explains the smell LOL). I have an appointment for Thursday to get it taken care of, hopefully all will go well. So far my dealer has been great, but this is the first "real" issue I have had, so we will see how they do. I noticed a couple of small drops about 2 months ago, but it was right after I had my 08 Impala SS parked in the garage so I just assumed it was the impala..you know what they say about assuming.

2012 Hennessey HPE600 Camaro Convertible Black, Inferno Orange Synergy stripes
2017 50th Anniversary Camaro SS Convertible
Beast6162 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 01:28 AM   #38
hale95

Drives: 2010 White orange rally 2ss
Sorry to hear about all the oil leaks and no fixes. Mine had that burning oil smell and went thru a quart of oil in less than 1000 miles. Long story short.. Dealer replaced timing cover and gasket. No oil leaked into driveway the exhaust was burning it before it hit ground. After repair no smell and still full on oil. Something about the timing cover area on certain engines had a milling tool problem... Sorry I'm no mechanic just my experience.
hale95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 01:57 PM   #39
Ladyz28

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 2001 Ford Focus
Rear main seal leak.

Worst experience ever with my dealer.
Noticed rear main seal leak in May (43k miles) so I brought car to dealer and had car looked at. Definitely rear main seal and told would be covered under warranty even though there was an oil catch can which could void my warranty. (Oil cooler leak fixed twice with no mention of catch can.) So I dropped car off 6/11. Car was finally done 6/16. I pick up car and had to bring it right back. You could feel every rotation of the clutch in the shifter. They of course have me take a ride with a technician and problem was noticed. The service rep basically asks me what I want to do, but he's not replacing the clutch. I said I didn't want a new clutch, simply wanted my car the way it was when I dropped it off (minus the leak.) He then said that basically he looked the other way with the catch can and should have voided the warranty, but they would look at it and see what the problem was.
I get a call a few hours later that they don't know what is wrong yet, but he's calling because it got hit in the parking lot. New rear bumper, mud flap, and exhaust tip due to accident.
Its finally done according to them. Hopefully I will be leaving with it as my warranty was up 6/17.
Ladyz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 05:11 PM   #40
FLYNNZL1
Wicked ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 A10 HBM
Send a message via ICQ to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via MSN to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Yahoo to FLYNNZL1 Send a message via Skype™ to FLYNNZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladyz28 View Post
Worst experience ever with my dealer.
Noticed rear main seal leak in May (43k miles) so I brought car to dealer and had car looked at. Definitely rear main seal and told would be covered under warranty even though there was an oil catch can which could void my warranty. (Oil cooler leak fixed twice with no mention of catch can.) So I dropped car off 6/11. Car was finally done 6/16. I pick up car and had to bring it right back. You could feel every rotation of the clutch in the shifter. They of course have me take a ride with a technician and problem was noticed. The service rep basically asks me what I want to do, but he's not replacing the clutch. I said I didn't want a new clutch, simply wanted my car the way it was when I dropped it off (minus the leak.) He then said that basically he looked the other way with the catch can and should have voided the warranty, but they would look at it and see what the problem was.
I get a call a few hours later that they don't know what is wrong yet, but he's calling because it got hit in the parking lot. New rear bumper, mud flap, and exhaust tip due to accident.
Its finally done according to them. Hopefully I will be leaving with it as my warranty was up 6/17.
That's so lame, the Catch Can has nothing to do with your issue, they seem to be like most, not educated on the in's and out's of warranty claims. If you can goto a different dealer you should. My dealer knows better than to try that with me after a few rounds like this I researched everything using this site, and others to where I can tell them with absolute certainty what the deal is. Thanks Camaro5
2017 Hyper Blue Metallic ZL1 A10/CF Hood Insert/PDR/NAV MODS: Rotofab CAI/V-MAX CNC Ported Throttle Body/Clear Bra/LED Reverse Light/Rock Guards/Lift Pads/Darkened Tail Lights/Ghost-Tinted LED Side Markers/Darkened 3rd Brake Light
FLYNNZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote