Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 11-27-2018, 03:48 PM   #1
bryguycbr

Drives: 2016 2SS Nightfall Gray
Send a message via Yahoo to bryguycbr
Glare on windshield

2016 SS, located North Texas, sunlight reflects from Heads Up Display on inside of windshield, directly in line of sight while driving, does not happen all the time, depends on sun location.Name:  InkedIMG_2610 - Copy_LI.jpg
Views: 741
Size:  84.5 KB
Old 11-27-2018, 03:54 PM   #2
mspeed1LE

Drives: ZL1 1LE SUMMIT WHITE
Yup. I've grown to live with it. Maybe a black cloth on the dash will work. Haven't tried.
2018 ZLE * StudioRSR Half Cage * SkidmarkGarage Rear Seat Delete * ZL1ADDONS Lift Pads * Roto-Fab CAI * Forgestar CF5-V's * Michelin PS4S * Racequip 6 Pt. Harnesses * Sub-strap Brackets by Carmena Performance * Speedhut Shift Light * Leroy Eng. Hidden Hitch (for the TYR RAT)* Gen5DIY Rapid Flash 3rd Brake Light * KOOKS 2" LT * Green Cats * AWE Cat-back Track Edition *

mspeed1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 04:04 PM   #3
bryguycbr

I was thinking someone might know of some type of non-reflective paint, the outside plastic bracket can be removed, I've tried a piece of thin foam on it but it didn't attach easily, I asked the dealer about it, they are fricking useless.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:15 PM   #4
bryguycbr

I removed the clear UV film I had installed on the windshield, that helped, the angle of the windshield and the design of windshield because of Heads Up Display, causes dash reflection on inside of windshield, I wonder if folks that don't have Heads Up Display probably don't see this type of reflection, the windshields are different between the 2 car designs, ie: those with HUD and those without HUD have different windshield.
Old 11-27-2018, 04:20 PM   #5
Airfuel

Drives: '19 2SS M6.
Try positioning the hud up and to the right to cover that.
Old 11-27-2018, 05:52 PM   #6
bryguycbr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airfuel View Post
Try positioning the hud up and to the right to cover that.
It doesn't have anything to do with the HUD, it's the plastic bracket surrounding the assembly that's reflecting sunlight onto the windshield, it's a piss poor design by General Motors.
Old 11-28-2018, 08:38 PM   #7
bryguycbr

I removed the HUD bezel and lightly sanded to remove the gloss shine, drove today, no sun reflection on windshield, no glare anywhere on windshield, problem solved.