#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Member Car Journals

Bigwormgraphix

Old 04-02-2017, 08:55 PM   #43
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corner carver View Post
Gotta ask... What is the 'squirrel killer'?

Ha! Perfect, I was wondering the same thing, lol!
Old 04-07-2017, 06:34 PM   #44
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Updated post #1 with new installs.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2017, 06:41 PM   #45
Michigan1LTRS
Blessed ❤️

Drives: 2017 1LT RS I4
She's coming along nicely!!
Old 04-07-2017, 10:47 PM   #46
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michigan1LTRS View Post
She's coming along nicely!!
I'll get crap because not all my mods are practical but damn sure if I stand by them being fun as all hell and that's the name of the game to enjoy your car to the fullest.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Old 04-14-2017, 04:49 PM   #47
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Tuned. See first post.

Old 04-18-2017, 09:18 AM   #48
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil-Bee-NH View Post
I'll get crap because not all my mods are practical but damn sure if I stand by them being fun as all hell and that's the name of the game to enjoy your car to the fullest.
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 12:08 AM   #49
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

New Updates coming on the YouTube Page the reveal of the Squirrel Killer Mod some will love it some will hate it all will obey it!!!

Old 05-31-2017, 06:00 AM   #50
Corner carver

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2.0T RS
Haha, now I HAVE to see this thing lol
Installed Mods: 25% Window tint | Headlight, side marker and third brake light Phastek tint kit | GM black taillights with Gen5diy LED harness and bulbs | LED license plate bulbs | Gorilla lug nuts, black | GM 'performance' center caps | RS and sheild badges removed
Corner carver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 08:52 PM   #51
Red Devil's Rebel

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS V6/A8
Quote:
New Updates coming on the YouTube Page the reveal of the Squirrel Killer Mod some will love it some will hate it all will obey it!!!

Ok, you got me... just sub'ed!
Old 07-17-2017, 12:27 PM   #52
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Exclamation

New fuel door and striker plates I've decided upon my color scheme direction.

Old 09-08-2017, 09:36 PM   #53
XJF

Drives: '17 1LT I4 Automatic
Love what you've done. Car looks great!. Do you have any other pictures of the LED bar in action? How hard was it to hardwire in? Specifically, which bar are you using? How did you mount it; 3M, zip ties?
XJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2017, 05:34 AM   #54
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJF View Post
Love what you've done. Car looks great!. Do you have any other pictures of the LED bar in action? How hard was it to hardwire in? Specifically, which bar are you using? How did you mount it; 3M, zip ties?
Bolted it on i'll get some better action pics and a few install location pics today hopefully. I always buy from OPT7 their light bars are just as heavy duty as the RIGID bars and they come with a well done wiring harness option for easy plug and play.

Old 09-15-2017, 01:03 PM   #55
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

2017 2.0t Camaro - Light Bar Guide

So by request I made a semi in-depth guide on how I went about the light bar installation to answer some questions. As well as a few shots. You can get this light bar as well as other nice equipment from OPT7 I do suggest using Amazon for their products as with PRIME it's about $25 cheaper all around I would also suggest getting the OPT7 wiring harness with your purchases and just switching out the switch with your desired one. The light bar plugs and the opt7 harness literally 100% plug and play to each other.

Step 1: Finding a mounting location. This can be a PITA process however for simplicities sake I took advantage of GM's thick behind the fascia wiring harness plastic mold. I believe this is used mostly for fascia integrity more then anything else I actually removed this on my last Camaro when I installed the push bumper the thing isn't flimsy it's hard plastic.

Step 2: Accessing your mounting location. I will make this stupid simple "YOU DO NOT NEED TO REMOVE THE FRONT FASCIA TO INSTALL AT THIS LOCATION!!!" Ok, that being said you can access this area easily with a drill, socket and appropriate tools using a decent ramp or lift by taking the plate off behind the fascia. You will possibly need to remove the air dams. I believe this access point was made for the HD braking and cooling package if i'm wrong sue me.

Step 3: If your not good with wiring have your local shop or best buy hook-up the wiring beforehand or after the bar is mounted. Best Buy now sells and installs light bars at 90% of their stores so this is something they can do and it's not hard to do just make sure you trust anyone working on your cars electrical. If you had them install a stereo system and you've had no issues with it and liked the result use the same guy not the same store some techs are less competent then others. I'm blessed with one that I've had working on my car since high school and i'm 33 now. There are several things to consider with wiring I opted for not cutting the wire anymore then needed and just had it rolled up and fastened with zip ties somewhere out of the way and had the relay mounted on existing frame locations.

Step 4: Have fun with it. Now I got this light bar for amusement and practical reasons. Amusement being it annoys people who are idiots and practical because the 6th gen has no fog lights and in my area we get pea soup fog on the highways and roads with tons of wildlife. Make a point to have the bar directed downwards before bolting that access panel I mentioned beforehand. Also most states require light bars to be covered well in this location "BEHIND" the fascia is covered by any and all current definitions of those laws. It is still technically and off-road light but I use it as my auxiliary safety fog and rain lighting having it directed downwards will also keep you in the clear if LEO's decide to go all chuck Norris on your day.

Not Step 5: so I see this on videos but not in real life gues they eyes aren't fast enough but I always found it annoying how our LED lights are on a current caught mine in the act. Note this light bar is solid and doesn't do that.

Old 09-16-2017, 02:10 PM   #56
XJF

Drives: '17 1LT I4 Automatic
Quote:
Light Bar Install Info
That's awesome, that looks so much easier than I was making it out to be in my head. I've never liked these light bars on trucks and other larger vehicles, but it looks right at home on the front of your Camaro. Definitely going to consider this.

Thanks for the in-depth look, Evil-Bee
XJF is offline   Reply With Quote