Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > USA - Southwest

Phastek Performance

Old 11-04-2022, 08:08 AM   #1
The Chief (tm)

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS "Convertibobble"
Tell Me About Santa Fe, NM

Hello All,

Well, as the thread title says, tell me about Santa Fe, NM!

Am thinking of re-locating to any of two or three different places; have already received wonderfully informative feedback on one of 'em. I think I already have the "feel" I need on SF re: size / culture / political / cost of living, and I've traveled throughout NM before so scenery-wise I know what I'm looking at.

But the things I cannot know via Google, and what I'd love to hear from folks on the ground out there, are as follows:

First, whether or not you're originally from around there, and if you've traveled around in the US a bit, are there any other cities/towns that you would say it compares to? And that's in regards to whatever respects most quickly come to mind, or warrant comment.

Second, currently about 66.66 to 75% of my work day is spent driving. The population density here (Knoxville, TN) is allegedly similar to SF, but I've gotta believe that the traffic density here is much higher, and it also stays congested for many miles in any direction away from downtown. (Bottom line: the roads, and the drivers here, are awful, and is a big part of why I want to leave.) So how's the traffic out there? And again, can you compare it to anywhere else where you've lived, or have visited with some frequency?

Any and all input appreciated!
'94 ST1100 146K
The Chief (tm) is offline   Reply With Quote