Go Back   CAMARO6 > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 01-20-2015, 02:14 AM   #43
Bizaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2015 Redhot 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroit_thumper View Post
Well this is a throwaway account but just a heads up I work for Ford at the Essex Plant at Ontario and now I am at Flat Rock. Currently on paid leave out here in California but I digress. I dont have ALL the facts, but I will say this: there is more truth to that HPK article than you or I want to believe. What is interesting is some people have been let go from Dearborn in recent weeks and months over leaked information regarding upcoming Ford Vehicles. HPK has nailed it on info about the new Raptor (several months before release they reported ecoboost v6 powerplant) and the Ford GT being ecoboost. I dont know if the job releases are related to any of these 'interesting' articles, but it is worth noting. Again I dont have all the facts but there is alot of hush-hush lately about the Coyote program and FPC - as in I mean there have been recent (dramatic) changes with the tooling, etc. I dont know for sure what is happening but I have been hearing through grapevine that Ford is trying desperately to win over the diehards with these high-powered Ecoboost motors and they are really pushing them hard.

I also heard that engineers were working hard on a 5.0TT for the Ford GT but their funding was cut mid project and they had to return to the project later on with a higher HP V6 TT. Not saying this is absolute truth but thats the word. What is interesting is I just heard a interview with the lead designer of the Ford GT (its on YouTube if somebody wants to find it) and he said something along the lines of Engineers were pulled off the project for awhile which was strange and only the design team was working on the car, and by the time they came back it was an entire new powertrain.

Take it for what its worth, Im just relaying what I have been hearing. One thing I know for certain is there has certainly been a change of pace back home in Detroit in these recent months and alot of quiet movement. Things are just different lately. People are being let go, new people are coming on that appear to be foreign (European?) etc. Just a heads up. Take care guys BTW love the new Z/28
no wonder we are seeing this ecoboost BS these artsy fartsy europeans destroying Detroit!
Bizaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 09:55 AM   #44
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
A lot of hate In this thread but im willing to go on record saying this will be the fastest and most lauded ford GT made. Ford was smart going with the ecoboost.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 10:17 AM   #45
kevint

Drives: 2013 1SS
I hate when creativity and innovation succeed.
kevint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 12:32 PM   #46
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
They just developed a flat plan crank v8. Why would they discontinue it 2 years later... No truth to this article.
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2015, 03:49 PM   #47
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
It was just a few years ago that Porsche said they would Never make a Diesel. Now they make a Diesel, Hybrids & full Plug-In Electric.

The New Ford GT & Raptor are Eco-Boost V-6 Turbos.

Virtually every new Supercar has some type of Hybrid system.

We may not like and we can go down Kicking & Screaming, but things are a-changing.

Maybe not by 2017, but sometime in the not too distant future.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote