Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 05-03-2022, 06:23 PM   #1
MarxModified

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 6SPD
service stabilitrak, rear axle, airbag, and rev match stopped working

I've owned my ZL1 since January 2021 and never had an issue until last week. Sunday I was out cruising and I had three engine lights pop up, P0131, P0151, P0171. Car was running fine so I reset them and drove about an hour home, woke up the next morning and drove to work. When I got back in the car to head home, the codes came back. Driving home I stopped at a store and when I got back in the car, about a mile down the road the car hesitates a bit on light acceleration. The car then drove fine until I stopped to fill it up with gas. Pulling back out of the gas station and sitting at a red light, the car starts to idle real weird almost stalling out. I'm about 2 miles from home so I drive slowly and the car runs fine. I shut the car off in the driveway for about 2 minutes and then start it back up and go to back it in the garage and it starts to run funky again. Next day I replace the o2 sensors and the car goes back to normal, no lights, runs great. The day after is my first track day. I make it through the paced laps, first hot session, and about 2/3 of the second hot session until my dash lights up like a Christmas tree(car still ran like normal) and active rev match stops working. I get service rear axle, service stabilitrak, flashing engine light, airbag light, ad the rev match disabled warning. Before I even made it back to the pit, everything went away except rev match still didn't work. After letting the car sit for 10 minutes, everything was back to normal so I figured I would go back out and do the last track session to see what would happen. About halfway through the same thing happens but I get codes B3109, U042B, and P0300. Now I need to make it home so I let the car sit about 20 minutes and once again, everything went away. About 40 minutes into my 60 minute drive home I decide to see if it would happen again if I do a hard pull followed by hard braking and same exact thing happened again minus the engine codes. Of course it went away and hasn't came back in the past 6 days. On my way home from work today, I noticed that if I'm in too high of a gear that the car will stutter under acceleration. Example; in 5th gear doing 30 and giving it 1/2 throttle, it hesitates a bit and sounds a bit rough. Does anyone know what could be causing this? I'm finally going to have time to look at it tonight/tomorrow so any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:33 PM   #2
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
If that check engine light is flashing while you are driving, then you are actively misfiring. I would take it easy until you figure it out. I had a car that did something like that once and it was a cracked spark plug. When I see that U042B code though, makes me thinks it is something ground or wiring related which could lead to misfires too.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2022, 06:40 PM   #3
MarxModified

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
If that check engine light is flashing while you are driving, then you are actively misfiring. I would take it easy until you figure it out. I had a car that did something like that once and it was a cracked spark plug. When I see that U042B code though, makes me thinks it is something ground or wiring related which could lead to misfires too.

-Geoff
when the light would flash, the engine would be running ok. Can it misfire without me being able to feel/hear the difference. I was thinking misfire today on my way home with it hesitating when I gave it some throttle in a higher gear but I didn't get any flashing lights. I'm going to be checking my plugs even though they only have maybe 6k miles on them. I was also told on FB to check my grounds as well.
Old 05-03-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Sounds like you’re getting active misfires. The rest of those crazy codes can pop up on an LT4 under misfire conditions. My brother has a Z06 and when he had a bad plug wire he got the Service Rear Axle error too lol. I see you have headers…I’d definitely check all of your plugs and wires. I’d bet money at least one wire got toasted on the headers…
Old 05-03-2022, 06:58 PM   #5
MarxModified

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
Sounds like you’re getting active misfires. The rest of those crazy codes can pop up on an LT4 under misfire conditions. My brother has a Z06 and when he had a bad plug wire he got the Service Rear Axle error too lol. I see you have headers…I’d definitely check all of your plugs and wires. I’d bet money at least one wire got toasted on the headers…
Definitely going to check the wires and plugs. I’ve melted 3 MSD wires(all about a year ago) before getting heat boots and realizing I could adjust the wires more out of the way of the header. It never acted like this when I melted previous wires but I’m hoping it will be something easy like that.
Old 05-03-2022, 09:28 PM   #6
SATINSTEEL1LE
Account Suspended

Drives: 21 ZL1
Battery. Charge it or change it.
SATINSTEEL1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 05:14 PM   #7
MarxModified

Got to the spark plugs. Two wires were slightly burnt, one plug was backed out a little bit, and there’s a little bit of oil on the threads of the plugs
Old 05-04-2022, 05:30 PM   #8
MarxModified

https://imgur.com/gallery/WVtX95S
Old 05-04-2022, 05:34 PM   #9
Joshinator99

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshinator99 View Post
I see you have headers…I’d definitely check all of your plugs and wires. I’d bet money at least one wire got toasted on the headers…
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxModified View Post
Got to the spark plugs. Two wires were slightly burnt, one plug was backed out a little bit, and there’s a little bit of oil on the threads of the plugs
Invoice is forthcoming. Send the check to Joshinator99, Petersham MA 01366.

Get yourself some Granatelli wires IMO…
Old 05-04-2022, 10:50 PM   #10
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
What is with all the soot! Are your headers leaking?

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2022, 07:55 PM   #11
MarxModified

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeGeoffGuy View Post
What is with all the soot! Are your headers leaking?

-Geoff
Im not sure why the soot, they don’t seem to be leaking. My connection pipes on the other hand were leaking bad
Old 05-28-2022, 07:59 PM   #12
MarxModified

Ok so took the car back to the track and had my airbag light come on and then later had my “service stabilitrak” warning and “rear axle off” warning pop up. Car runs and drives perfectly fine other than the lights and not having a g force meter anymore. They won’t go away with letting the car sit. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?
Old 05-31-2022, 03:48 PM   #13
Dexterpoole2014

Drives: 2022 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarxModified View Post
Ok so took the car back to the track and had my airbag light come on and then later had my “service stabilitrak” warning and “rear axle off” warning pop up. Car runs and drives perfectly fine other than the lights and not having a g force meter anymore. They won’t go away with letting the car sit. Anyone have any thoughts on what this could be?
man im right there with you. instrument cluster is going nuts and giving me all these "service" warnings. ive checked all grounds, checked for drain, bought a new battery and had it charged for 24 hours and still nothing.
Dexterpoole2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2022, 10:52 PM   #14
MatthewAMEL

Drives: 2023 CT5 Blackwing
I have gotten those warnings in two situations...when coming off the dyno and when the battery needed to be replaced.

2023 Wave Metallic
CT5-V Blackwing M6
MatthewAMEL is offline   Reply With Quote