Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 07-31-2022, 10:56 PM   #1
ShanesSS1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Adding amplifier, sub to 18' 2SS 1LE (Bose)

Curious as to where anyone has gotten their switched 12v power from? Wire all the way through the car? Had any luck with certain products? I bought 2 rockford fosgate 12"s for the box made for my 5th gen and never installed them before trading it in I was going to install one in my new 6th gen but don't want clean install. ******** made harness with rca outs and switched power for 5th gen but Bose sends digital signal unlike BA amp in 5th gen. Any help appreciated
ShanesSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 08:51 AM   #2
glopez5

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanesSS1LE View Post
Curious as to where anyone has gotten their switched 12v power from? Wire all the way through the car? Had any luck with certain products? I bought 2 rockford fosgate 12"s for the box made for my 5th gen and never installed them before trading it in I was going to install one in my new 6th gen but don't want clean install. ******** made harness with rca outs and switched power for 5th gen but Bose sends digital signal unlike BA amp in 5th gen. Any help appreciated
12v the remote wire? If so, I just tapped into the cigarette lighter (don't know what they call it now) next to cup holder. Works perfect turns on the amp the moment headunit turns on turns off when headunit turns off.

Wasn't hard to do, i'm on a 1ss 1le so idk if 2ss has another spot closer to the back.

*update based on my notes I tapped the purple wire on the cig lighter as the 12v. To get there you have to remove the knee bolsters and there are 2 bolts on each side pass/driver and there in the back there is 1 clip on each side and allows you to lift entire center console.

Last edited by glopez5; 08-02-2022 at 09:04 AM.
glopez5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 11:06 PM   #3
ShanesSS1LE

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE
Thank you.
ShanesSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 10:08 PM   #4
WiggyB

Drives: 2022 Camaro 2SS 1LE
This is what I used and it works perfectly.

https://www.crutchfield.com/S-QhwcEv...RoCDGYQAvD_BwE
WiggyB is offline   Reply With Quote