Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Phastek Performance

Old 07-02-2022, 02:13 PM   #1
rhastafella

Drives: Camaro 2SS V8
Braking vibration

Hello,

For couple of weeks I have a quite bad vibration and shaking while braking, around 70-120km/h.

I changed the brake rotors and pads, and was exactly the same, I thought that maybe the rotors are not good so I changed them with the seller. The second set was exactly the same. So I decided to go with OEM parts. Meanwhile I did changed the wheel hubs too.
Now is the same with the OEM rotors and pads too.
I did checked everything, I have no problems at wheel, at steering etc.

Can this be from rear rotors too ? I must say that there’s no shaking or vibration in the steering wheel while braking, only in my brake pedal, and overall on the car.

Did somebody had the same problem ? I really don’t know what to do, and it’s so annoying to drive it lol

Thank you ! Hope you enjoy your day!
rhastafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2022, 07:53 PM   #2
camaro104

Drives: 2017 Nightfall 50th Annivers Camaro
Send a message via AIM to camaro104
same problem

i wish someone could come up with a solution, I'm having the exact same issue. change the front hub bearings, change the front rotors and brake pads still having a real bad vibration. my shifter be shaking like it's about to fall off. the only next thing to do is the rear.
camaro104 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 01:21 PM   #3
rhastafella

Drives: Camaro 2SS V8
Let me know after you change rear ones if it’s getting better. Mine are looking good, so I don’t take really want to change them for nothing.
rhastafella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2022, 05:40 PM   #4
m6-lt1

Drives: 2023 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro104 View Post
i wish someone could come up with a solution, I'm having the exact same issue. change the front hub bearings, change the front rotors and brake pads still having a real bad vibration. my shifter be shaking like it's about to fall off. the only next thing to do is the rear.
Every time I change my rotors I get shaking back less than 1000 miles later. Dealer did my last change and they said there was nothing wrong with my car aside from the rotors. BS, something else is up. It is getting on my nerves and I’m about to dump this pos. I hope someone can come up with a solution soon to vibration issues in these cars.
m6-lt1 is offline   Reply With Quote