Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2022, 11:45 AM   #1
Camaroking98

Drives: 2019 ZL1
LMR Packages?

Hey guys, because I'm at altitude I'm thinking of getting some after market work done. I've seen Late Model Racecraft do really well with streetspeed's ZR1 build and am considering having them build my car.

Their website is still under maintenance it looks like.

Have any of you had them build your car and what type of packages do they offer?
Camaroking98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 11:52 AM   #2
FH212

Drives: 2021 Camaro SS 1LE
Try calling or emailing them. Calling is better.
2001 Mecham Trans Am #3 - 7.0L LS1
FH212 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2022, 12:16 PM   #3
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
You mean the one in Houston right? I ask because you are in Indiana and I want to be sure. If so, I did business with them with my 5th Gen Camaro. It has been years since then, but they were quite a mess honestly. I would not have let them do anything major on my car, they just installed headers for me in that instance.

They may have changed since then and improved, but based on my own experience I will be going a different direction with my next build.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:16 PM   #4
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by FH212 View Post
Try calling or emailing them. Calling is better.
Yes I emailed them before making this post. Just trying to gather all the information I can haha.
Old 05-19-2022, 01:18 PM   #5
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
You mean the one in Houston right? I ask because you are in Indiana and I want to be sure. If so, I did business with them with my 5th Gen Camaro. It has been years since then, but they were quite a mess honestly. I would not have let them do anything major on my car, they just installed headers for me in that instance.

They may have changed since then and improved, but based on my own experience I will be going a different direction with my next build.
When I made this account a couple years ago I was from indiana. Just moved to Colorado this past weekend.

Sorry your build did not go well. What was the process like that made it a mess?
Old 05-19-2022, 04:38 PM   #6
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaroking98 View Post
When I made this account a couple years ago I was from indiana. Just moved to Colorado this past weekend.

Sorry your build did not go well. What was the process like that made it a mess?
Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't mean to say that much. I just went in for a header install, and that went fine.

The process was a bit of a mess is all. They were unorganized, unprepared and I had an appointment at a time that they seemed to not be very busy. Not confidence inducing.

It was not a bad experience in the scheme of things, but when I get major work done I look for clean organized shops, run by organized people that are prepared and ready for each build. I just didn't get that feeling from LMR, but again this was about 5 years ago when I had my '13 1LE. Things do change, and I hope LMR has or maybe even I caught them on a bad day.

J-Rod's Speed Shop would be my first choice in Houston, he did my cam build and was amazing. After that I think I would consider Vengeance in Louisiana due to proximity to Houston and their stellar reputation. Lots of good choices I think.
Old 05-19-2022, 09:23 PM   #7
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Thanks for the kind words, but I didn't mean to say that much. I just went in for a header install, and that went fine.

The process was a bit of a mess is all. They were unorganized, unprepared and I had an appointment at a time that they seemed to not be very busy. Not confidence inducing.

It was not a bad experience in the scheme of things, but when I get major work done I look for clean organized shops, run by organized people that are prepared and ready for each build. I just didn't get that feeling from LMR, but again this was about 5 years ago when I had my '13 1LE. Things do change, and I hope LMR has or maybe even I caught them on a bad day.

J-Rod's Speed Shop would be my first choice in Houston, he did my cam build and was amazing. After that I think I would consider Vengeance in Louisiana due to proximity to Houston and their stellar reputation. Lots of good choices I think.
Gotcha. Yeah a lot can change in 5 years. They're putting some good content out on youtube and the comments seem to be good with no one really complaining about broken builds.

I guess I just haven't heard of many other shops besides them and hennessy
Old 05-20-2022, 06:28 AM   #8
ZLE dude

Drives: '18 ZL1 1LE
There's quite a few good shops if you've been around for a while. In no particular order, and I've only used Ted Jannetty fyi...

Katech
RPM (Race Proven Motorsports)
JRE (Jannetty Racing Enterprises)
Vengeance Racing
LMR (Late Model Racecraft)
CSP (Complete Street Performance)
JDP Motorsports
2018 ZL1 1LE - Summit White, PDR, Rotofab CAI, 95mm TB, CSP 2" catless LT's, JMS Voltage Booster, AEM X-series WB, DSX flex fuel sensor, Banks Data Monster, Tuned by Ted Jannetty, 5% Tint, Blackvue DR900S-2CH, Diode Dynamics lighting, IGL Kenzo ceramic coating
ZLE dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 02:31 PM   #9
el_d3sconocido

Drives: 2018 ZLE
Went into LMR to schedule for a tune. They took all my info down but I never heard from anyone just like most tuners in Houston. Looking at Prospeed now since they are the only people around here that will actually communicate with me and were recommended by Late Model Engines.
el_d3sconocido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 03:04 AM   #10
Raisin Man

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZLE dude View Post
There's quite a few good shops if you've been around for a while. In no particular order, and I've only used Ted Jannetty fyi...

Katech
RPM (Race Proven Motorsports)
JRE (Jannetty Racing Enterprises)
Vengeance Racing
LMR (Late Model Racecraft)
CSP (Complete Street Performance)
JDP Motorsports
A vote for Katech here. LS7 upgrades (including a cam, pistons, rods, larger dry sump, etc.) still going strong a decade later.
Raisin Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 10:59 AM   #11
Camaroking98

Quote:
Originally Posted by METHAT UGLO View Post
Did they ever get back to you ?
Not yet. It's not necessarily urgent since I'd probably get the work done over winter. But I would've thought I'd get a generic email response by now.

Tags
late model racecraft, lmr, zl1