Homepage Garage Wiki Register Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels | Tires -- Sponsored by The Tire Rack


JDP Motorsports


Post Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 10-25-2017, 06:34 PM   #15
Moyda23
 
Moyda23's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Red Hot Coupe
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Kankakee,IL
Posts: 4
I just realized the winter tires I bought are all the same size, whereas my stock tires are different in the rear. Will that matter much. All 4 winter tires are 245/40R20 95V. The front stock tires are 245/40ZR20 95Y but the rears are 275/35ZR20 98Y.
__________________

Last edited by Moyda23; 10-26-2017 at 11:19 AM.
Moyda23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 03:42 PM   #16
Rudy@Tirerack

 
Rudy@Tirerack's Avatar
 
Drives: 1-800-428-8355 X4664
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: rudy@tirerack.com
Posts: 1,183
You can run the 245's on all four corners. It works fine for a winter setup.
__________________

When ordering online please reference "Rudy/Camaro5" as your previous contact. Please click on the link in the sticky thread at the top of wheel and tire forum so the forum gets credit for the sale.
Rudy@Tirerack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 02:36 AM   #17
5150777
 
5150777's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Red Hot 2SS
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Winnipeg Canada
Posts: 116
Just installed my Pirelli scorpion 20's for winter. Had NO issues with the snow, and we get alot in Canada. Rims are from a 2015 Camaro SS, no problems with the Brembos. Had them powder coated last week, much nicer than the silver.
Attached Images
   
5150777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 01:02 PM   #18
i007spectre

 
i007spectre's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 2SS, blue, NPP, mag, white int
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Kansas
Posts: 1,851
Does anyone know of a website where you can enter a certain wheel size, bolt pattern, and offset and it will tell you what vehicles they will fit? I have been trying to sell some winter tires and wheels from my 2014 2LT, but haven't had any luck. Hoping I can find what other vehicles they will fit and maybe have better luck. Thanks.
__________________
2016 Camaro 2SS. Hyper Blue, Ceramic White, Auto, MRC, and NPP.
1100 - 9/25
2000 - 9/28
3000 - 9/30
3100 - 10/27
3300 - 10/28
3400 - 10/29 TPW 11/09
3800 - 11/10
4300 - 11/24
4B00 - 11/25
4200 - 12/5
5000 - 12/7
6000 - 12/11
i007spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:41 PM   #19
GP86
 
GP86's Avatar
 
Drives: 2017 2SS
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 317
Enormous balancing weights

@Rudy@TireRack

Are there any options for thinner balancing weights? I am finding now that the front wheel weights on my 18" wheels are hitting something at full lock in either direction on my 2017 2SS. Any suggestions? I'm not opposed to having them re-balanced locally since I need my TPMS reset anyway, but I was hoping to get lucky and not have any fit issues. I can hear the impact of the weights when the car is moving and steering is full lock, and the pictures below show some sort of coating on the weight that is peeling back. This is on the inside set of weights on both front tires.

  • 2017 2SS with mag ride
  • Square on all 4 corners
  • 18x8 Anthracite Painted Sport Edition P5 wheels
  • 32mm offset according to TireRack.com
  • 245/50R18 Pirelli Winter Sottozero 3 Run Flat Run Flat
Attached Images
  
__________________
2017 HBM 2SS A8|F55|NPP|H01|IO6|RIK|WGL|56R
GP86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 02:13 PM   #20
sixstrings
 
sixstrings's Avatar
 
Drives: 2016 Mustang GT PP
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Manalapan, NJ
Posts: 32
@Rudy@TireRack

What would you recommend for a 1LE? Planning on purchasing one soon, but worried about winters in NJ.
sixstrings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:44 PM   #21
z2f2ss
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Metallic Blue
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 31
hi guys, does anyone know if these wheels will fit a 2ss non-brembo without rubbing or any problems? they are the e92 m3 wheels with Wheel bolt pattern is 5x120

Rear pair: 255/40/18 Michelin pilot alpin
Front pair: 235/40/18 Dunlop Winter sport 3D

wheels are a very different world for me and i just need to get a cheap but good wheel tire combo. i couldnt care less about the looks, its winter!
z2f2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 09:45 PM   #22
z2f2ss
 
Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Hyper Metallic Blue
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by i007spectre View Post
Does anyone know of a website where you can enter a certain wheel size, bolt pattern, and offset and it will tell you what vehicles they will fit? I have been trying to sell some winter tires and wheels from my 2014 2LT, but haven't had any luck. Hoping I can find what other vehicles they will fit and maybe have better luck. Thanks.
still have these wheels? do they come with tires? im in the KCMO area
z2f2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #23
JamesNoBrakes

 
JamesNoBrakes's Avatar
 
Drives: 2SS 1LE
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: AK
Posts: 1,048
Quote:
Originally Posted by sixstrings View Post
@Rudy@TireRack

What would you recommend for a 1LE? Planning on purchasing one soon, but worried about winters in NJ.
It's strange that the setups on tire rack use gigantic wheels and for the most part, do not down-size. It seems their "winter tire and wheel packages" leave a lot to be desired. There are some other good threads on this. One guy is running 19" 8.5s with 15mm offset. I'm jumping on his bandwagon, I'll put 245 or 255s on it. I made a spreadsheet that showed me what tire and rim combos would fit, from there you choose what size tires and rims you want to run, which depends largely on what's available. While there have been a few that have gone to 285 winter tires, that's just ridiculous in my book, on the other hand, there are lots of choices in the 245-255 range, so if you want max availability, that'll do you nice, it's also a decent intermediate size. I run 245 winter tires on my bmw and they handle amazing in the snow. Contrary to popular thought, you don't really need or want overly skinny tires. If you are really pushing through that much snow, you'll be a snow-plow with the air-damn and front bumper. That logic only really applies when you are having to drive through significant deep snow, vs. when it snows and packs down.
JamesNoBrakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 07:16 AM   #24
RXtacy
 
RXtacy's Avatar
 
Drives: 93 RX-7, 17 SS 1LE, 04 RX-8
Join Date: May 2017
Location: MD
Posts: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesNoBrakes View Post
It's strange that the setups on tire rack use gigantic wheels and for the most part, do not down-size. It seems their "winter tire and wheel packages" leave a lot to be desired. There are some other good threads on this. One guy is running 19" 8.5s with 15mm offset. I'm jumping on his bandwagon, I'll put 245 or 255s on it. I made a spreadsheet that showed me what tire and rim combos would fit, from there you choose what size tires and rims you want to run, which depends largely on what's available. While there have been a few that have gone to 285 winter tires, that's just ridiculous in my book, on the other hand, there are lots of choices in the 245-255 range, so if you want max availability, that'll do you nice, it's also a decent intermediate size. I run 245 winter tires on my bmw and they handle amazing in the snow. Contrary to popular thought, you don't really need or want overly skinny tires. If you are really pushing through that much snow, you'll be a snow-plow with the air-damn and front bumper. That logic only really applies when you are having to drive through significant deep snow, vs. when it snows and packs down.
I'm running a 19x8.5 +20 square setup with 245/40/19 Pirelli Sottozero 3's. The fronts are a little tucked in, but the backs fit pretty well. No clearance issues whatsoever.
Attached Images
  
RXtacy is offline   Reply With Quote
 
Post Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.