Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction Discussions

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 07-10-2018, 10:55 PM   #1
Tabester

Drives: 18 Camaro Zl1 1LE 06 Pontiac GTO
Lt4 supercharger on lt1 instructions

I’ve searched over the Forms and the Internet and I simply cannot find a set of instructions or a step by step video on how to do one of these conversions. Many people said they would post detailed pictures but I guess life happened and they didn’t get around to it. Theres a lot of vague responses about the kit as well. That being said the lt4 conversions available through ADM or weapon X, are these kits a 100% complete bolt on? including all mounting hardware down to the last bolt? Meaning I don’t run into any suprises and need a special bolt, sensors or bracket. Is there any wiring needed to be done to the Ecm or is it just a tune. Is there anyone out there who did this install themselves and are willing to share their knowledge with me I would greatly appreciate it.
Tabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 07:05 AM   #2
hitmix300
2016 loaded 2SS

Drives: Maverick X3 Turbo R
I bet if you give adm or weapon x your business, in the order you'll prolly receive instructions. If you need to see them before hand, why don't you shoot them an email and ask?

PD blower installations are about as simple as they get. Any job is as simple as can be if you have all the correct tools lol

If i were on the blower fence, i'd grab a procharger because they sound way cooler than these new PD blowers...

that's just me tho

i know if you google procharger or maggie install instructions they're both available to public.
hitmix300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 12:46 PM   #3
Tabester

Drives: 18 Camaro Zl1 1LE 06 Pontiac GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitmix300 View Post
I bet if you give adm or weapon x your business, in the order you'll prolly receive instructions. If you need to see them before hand, why don't you shoot them an email and ask?

PD blower installations are about as simple as they get. Any job is as simple as can be if you have all the correct tools lol

If i were on the blower fence, i'd grab a procharger because they sound way cooler than these new PD blowers...

that's just me tho

i know if you google procharger or maggie install instructions they're both available to public.
Yea I spoke to them already, they don’t have instruction manuals, however ADM does have 95 pages of pictures to help with the install, I spoke with both company’s. I was just curious to see if any fellow form members had any input on the subject since in fact there’s been a lot of guys who have had this done. I’m not a fan of centrifugal superchargers. I like the roots style myself.
Tabester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2018, 11:30 PM   #4
BlueCamaro6

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Just did the LT4 supercharger on my 2018 2SS with no instructions, lol.

2016 2SS, A8, NAV, NPP, MRC, Sunroof, Hyperblue (GM buyback)

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk
BlueCamaro6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 11:36 AM   #5
Eldi Z

Drives: 17' 1SS 1LE GBA-Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
Just did the LT4 supercharger on my 2018 2SS with no instructions, lol.
Which tune did you get?
Are you on a stock motor, or did you put in pistons / rods?
Fuel upgrades?
Eldi Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2018, 05:19 PM   #6
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad1le View Post
I have a good tune for it and e85
Who tuned it for you?
Dyno, or remote?

Did you put in pistons / rods? Or stock?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #7
Eldi Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Who tuned it for you?
Dyno, or remote?

Did you put in pistons / rods? Or stock?
Sorry...question is to Blue Camaro6
Old 07-19-2018, 07:05 PM   #8
BlueCamaro6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldi Z View Post
Which tune did you get?
Are you on a stock motor, or did you put in pistons / rods?
Fuel upgrades?
LT4 injectors, LT4 HPFP, Zl1 in-tank pump, dual core heat exchanger, expansion tank, 180 thermostat, RotoFab CAI, headers, hi-flo cats, x pipe, npp muffler.

Stock pistons & rods. I went back and forth on pistons/rods and after talking with ADM and some others I decided not to do the items.

I have HpTuners, so I did an initial tune and putting it on the dyno when I get back from vacation.

1999 Trans Am Firehawk, M6, headers, no-cats, slp exhaust, hot cam, intake, 3:73 gears. Red/Blk

Last edited by BlueCamaro6; 07-19-2018 at 07:06 PM. Reason: .
Old 07-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #9
BlueCamaro6

Quote:
Originally Posted by onebad1le View Post
He did his own. And mine was from weapon x. And then I modified it to add E85
And then added LT4 fuel upgrade. And finally added more boost on final tune at 740hp
You willing to share the tune? Curious on what the differences are from the base tune I've done currently and I'm contemplating E85 still.

Old 07-22-2018, 10:29 AM   #10
misterjaayy

Drives: 2019 CTS-V
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueCamaro6 View Post
LT4 injectors, LT4 HPFP, Zl1 in-tank pump, dual core heat exchanger, expansion tank, 180 thermostat, RotoFab CAI, headers, hi-flo cats, x pipe, npp muffler.

Stock pistons & rods. I went back and forth on pistons/rods and after talking with ADM and some others I decided not to do the items.

I have HpTuners, so I did an initial tune and putting it on the dyno when I get back from vacation.
What did they tell you to make you decide not to do pistons and rods?
misterjaayy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #11
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tabester View Post
I’ve searched over the Forms and the Internet and I simply cannot find a set of instructions or a step by step video on how to do one of these conversions. Many people said they would post detailed pictures but I guess life happened and they didn’t get around to it. Theres a lot of vague responses about the kit as well. That being said the lt4 conversions available through ADM or weapon X, are these kits a 100% complete bolt on? including all mounting hardware down to the last bolt? Meaning I don’t run into any suprises and need a special bolt, sensors or bracket. Is there any wiring needed to be done to the Ecm or is it just a tune. Is there anyone out there who did this install themselves and are willing to share their knowledge with me I would greatly appreciate it.

We just did this swap. Joel bought my Lt4 set up among other add ons. Was a pain in the ass, but it got done.