#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 06-18-2018, 09:31 AM   #1
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Spotted 1LE's @ Road Atlanta NASA event

Had a great weekend running HPDE 3 with NASA @ Road Atlanta. Saw several 1LE's there including a Dark Gray one that ran HPDE 3 with me. Post up if you were in attendance and didn't die of heat exhaustion.
Old 06-18-2018, 09:41 AM   #2
full*throttle*therapy

Drives: '18 RH ZL1 1LE
I was there on Fri Best time was a 1:42 with a shit ton of traffic. Had 500lbs of weight me 300 pass 200). My very first time on a track.

Pretty sure I have a 1:35 in me safely if I can:

get up 5 better
get OFF 7 better
Brake later and harder into 10A
dont be a ***** on 11 and 12
have at least 3 or 4 laps when tires are warm and I don't need to wait forever for a point by!
full*throttle*therapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 09:48 AM   #3
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by full*throttle*therapy View Post
I was there on Fri Best time was a 1:42 with a shit ton of traffic. Had 500lbs of weight me 300 pass 200). My very first time on a track.

Pretty sure I have a 1:35 in me safely if I can:

get up 5 better
get OFF 7 better
Brake later and harder into 10A
dont be a ***** on 11 and 12
have at least 3 or 4 laps when tires are warm and I don't need to wait forever for a point by!

In that heat that's a solid time. My best this weekend was in the 1:40-1:41 range but my personal best is still a 1:38.92 that I ran in much milder temps! Either way Road Atlanta is a BLAST!!! This video is of my best lap in better temps.

Old 06-18-2018, 11:02 AM   #4
Leveillm

Drives: 2018 summit white 1SS 1LE
That was a great event! My first time ever on track, these cars are really good at straightening out the learning curve. My best time was a 1:47. Funny story though I think my frinds wife flipped off the wrong white 1LE in your last session! She though it was me, she was in a red GTI.
Leveillm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2018, 12:37 PM   #5
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leveillm View Post
That was a great event! My first time ever on track, these cars are really good at straightening out the learning curve. My best time was a 1:47. Funny story though I think my frinds wife flipped off the wrong white 1LE in your last session! She though it was me, she was in a red GTI.
HAHA!!!! I didn't see that but I remember the pass! I actually missed the 2-3 shift and so I took longer on the pass. It could've been the missed shift but I though I would still breeze by but it took much longer to pass than expected so I remember looking over to see if the fender showed it was a Golf R. I was shocked to see it was a GTI. Is it modded or am I just that slow. HAHA!!!

These 1LE's are definitely great at making you feel like a hero on track. Very approachable, I will say that a good racing brake fluid is a must in these cars. I think they come with crumby factory fluid. I personally prefer Castrol SRF. 1:47 is still a solid time if it was your first ever track day and in such extreme temps! How did your car do? Any modifications?
Old 06-18-2018, 03:51 PM   #6
Leveillm

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjk3888 View Post
HAHA!!!! I didn't see that but I remember the pass! I actually missed the 2-3 shift and so I took longer on the pass. It could've been the missed shift but I though I would still breeze by but it took much longer to pass than expected so I remember looking over to see if the fender showed it was a Golf R. I was shocked to see it was a GTI. Is it modded or am I just that slow. HAHA!!!

These 1LE's are definitely great at making you feel like a hero on track. Very approachable, I will say that a good racing brake fluid is a must in these cars. I think they come with crumby factory fluid. I personally prefer Castrol SRF. 1:47 is still a solid time if it was your first ever track day and in such extreme temps! How did your car do? Any modifications?
HA! That makes the story soo much better, she felt like such a jerk after I told her it wasnt me. The GTI has an APR stage1...about 280hp/300tq to the front wheels. It's a blast to drive.

Yeah my shifting was awful, I no lifted most 3-4's which was good but I missed like 5, 2-3's. Funny thing is this is also my fisrt manual car... It really makes me look like a hero. Little do they know its all the car lol.

Thansk bud, I was surprised myself, I just wanted to learn the track, feel the car and not crash. The only modifications are, the Motul 600 brake fluid, 0W40, and diff fluid refresh. Basically off the floor 3 months ago and to the track.

The only issue I have is that my alignment came out the last session. Other than that just minor debris damage to the hood wrap.

How about you? Any helpfull mod's, or trouble with the car?
Old 06-18-2018, 04:22 PM   #7
Move_Over

Drives: ISO ss 1le
Quote:
In that heat that's a solid time. My best this weekend was in the 1:40-1:41 range but my personal best is still a 1:38.92 that I ran in much milder temps! Either way Road Atlanta is a BLAST!!! This video is of my best lap in better temps.

That white porsche was making me pissed off for you. lol. I had a few of those at Barber. They just don't like to give the point by.
Move_Over is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 12:17 PM   #8
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Just re checked some of the footage from the weekend. I think 1:40.03 is the fastest time of the weekend. Thats 1.2 seconds off my personal best. Its amazing how much the heat affected the tracks grip!

Quote:
HA! That makes the story soo much better, she felt like such a jerk after I told her it wasnt me. The GTI has an APR stage1...about 280hp/300tq to the front wheels. It's a blast to drive.

Yeah my shifting was awful, I no lifted most 3-4's which was good but I missed like 5, 2-3's. Funny thing is this is also my fisrt manual car... It really makes me look like a hero. Little do they know its all the car lol.

Thansk bud, I was surprised myself, I just wanted to learn the track, feel the car and not crash. The only modifications are, the Motul 600 brake fluid, 0W40, and diff fluid refresh. Basically off the floor 3 months ago and to the track.

The only issue I have is that my alignment came out the last session. Other than that just minor debris damage to the hood wrap.

How about you? Any helpfull mod's, or trouble with the car?
Definitely get the track alignment camber and keep an eye on your toe. I purchased a lifetime alignment package from Firestone Service and I get the toe zeroed before and after every event. You would be surprised how often it comes out of adjustment. I run SRF fluid, but Motul 600 should be fine just make sure you bleed it before every event to get fresh fluid in the calipers.

What PTM settings did you use over the weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Move_Over View Post
That white porsche was making me pissed off for you. lol. I had a few of those at Barber. They just don't like to give the point by.
Yep there is always one of those guys out there. He's probably the worst I've seen. Had to honk and flash my lights at him to get a point by since he was ignoring all passing flags and they wouldn't black flag him. Please use your mirrors folks!
Old 06-20-2018, 09:33 AM   #9
Leveillm

Quote:
Just re checked some of the footage from the weekend. I think 1:40.03 is the fastest time of the weekend. Thats 1.2 seconds off my personal best. Its amazing how much the heat affected the tracks grip!
I was pleasently surprised to find a 1:45.8 in some of my fottage, 1:40 is really quick! Nice work.

Quote:
Definitely get the track alignment camber and keep an eye on your toe. I purchased a lifetime alignment package from Firestone Service and I get the toe zeroed before and after every event. You would be surprised how often it comes out of adjustment. I run SRF fluid, but Motul 600 should be fine just make sure you bleed it before every event to get fresh fluid in the calipers.
How much was the lifetime alignment, if you dont mind me asking?

Quote:
What PTM settings did you use over the weekend?
I used Sport 1 the entire event. kept me in check pretty well.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:51 AM   #10
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Quote:
I was pleasently surprised to find a 1:45.8 in some of my fottage, 1:40 is really quick! Nice work.
Even better! Thanks! I was really bummed I missed a 39 by .03 but I had fun and thats all that matters.

If I can get my computer to cooperate I can upload my PDR data and share it with you over google drive so you can compare it to yours and see where you can pick up a few seconds.

Quote:
How much was the lifetime alignment, if you dont mind me asking?
I think it was about $180! Paid for itself within a couple of months. There is not limit to how often you bring it in. Although It's worth noting I got my track alignment done at the dealer to be sure they got the right 1 time use bolts for the camber adjustment. So I only use firestone to zero out the toe.

Quote:
I used Sport 1 the entire event. kept me in check pretty well.
Thats exactly what I would have reccomended. I had a hairy moment or 2 with Sport 2 and Race because it had no stability assist. I usually feel VERY confident running Race but the temps and occasional slide kept me switching between Sport 1, Sport 2, and rarely using Race.

Last edited by mjk3888; 06-20-2018 at 10:20 AM.
mjk3888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 01:35 PM   #11
mjk3888
"M1SS1LE"

Fastest session of the week.
Attached Images

Old 06-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #12
Leveillm

Quote:
Even better! Thanks! I was really bummed I missed a 39 by .03 but I had fun and thats all that matters.

If I can get my computer to cooperate I can upload my PDR data and share it with you over google drive so you can compare it to yours and see where you can pick up a few seconds.
That would great, I didn't get the PDR, I thoguht it would be easy to use track adicts app to overlay the telemetry but...I have the wrong OBDII device.

Quote:
I think it was about $180! Paid for itself within a couple of months. There is not limit to how often you bring it in. Although It's worth noting I got my track alignment done at the dealer to be sure they got the right 1 time use bolts for the camber adjustment. So I only use firestone to zero out the toe.
I am going to do that I appreciate the advise.

Quote:
Thats exactly what I would have reccomended. I had a hairy moment or 2 with Sport 2 and Race because it had no stability assist. I usually feel VERY confident running Race but the temps and occasional slide kept me switching between Sport 1, Sport 2, and rarely using Race.
Yeah I slid through turn 7 a few times even in sport 1, my instructor puckered a bit but both the car and I love being sidways...