Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Phastek Performance

Old 03-09-2019, 11:37 AM   #1
raidaru

Drives: 2SS
how to separate brake from turn signals lights?

All right, as I live in Europe and my Camaro is US model, need to do a few mods and first is separate brake from turn signal. Do you guys know any shortcut to this job, like staying in the trunk with the stuff and not needing to bring wires from engine bay all the way to the rear?
raidaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2019, 01:06 PM   #2
AKI.SILES

Drives: 2SS FIFTY
Hello, I do not know what state of the EU you are, but the normal thing is that if you have sold it in Europe, whoever imported it must take charge of accepting Europe and its approval. If you went for it and imported it, you will have no choice but to go through a workshop that orders the parts to KW Parts and then by certification, pay the engineer, fees etc, etc.
Old 03-11-2019, 01:23 AM   #3
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by raidaru View Post
All right, as I live in Europe and my Camaro is US model, need to do a few mods and first is separate brake from turn signal. Do you guys know any shortcut to this job, like staying in the trunk with the stuff and not needing to bring wires from engine bay all the way to the rear?
You have post
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2019, 01:41 PM   #4
raidaru

All right, i brought wires from the front blinkers and also brake signal from 3rd brake lamp and so I managed to eliminate the blue/white wire which was common for brake and turn signal. Problem now is other, the turn signal lights will hyperblink now regardless of what led + resistor I use, or classic bulb or whatever, and I came to the conclusion that the white/violet wire has sth to do with this. On OE assembley, the white/violet wire has 12v all the time, unless brake or turn signal is used, then it shows 0v. Now, as I don't use anymore the same circuit for the turn signals, the white/violet wire stays 12v even when I use turn signals and that is causing the hyperblink, any sugestions on how to deal with this?
Old 03-19-2019, 10:25 AM   #5
ctrlz

Drives: 2017 2SS, 50th pkg, M6, MRC, NPP
I think you may need a logic module to stop the hyperblinking. There seem to be a variety of these available:
https://www.amazon.com/Pacer-Perform.../dp/B001S16Z7W

I can't decode everything in the Camaro schematic, but I am pretty sure there are some onboard logic modules which are giving you trouble.
ctrlz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:56 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
All right, i brought wires from the front blinkers and also brake signal from 3rd brake lamp and so I managed to eliminate the blue/white wire which was common for brake and turn signal. Problem now is other, the turn signal lights will hyperblink now regardless of what led + resistor I use, or classic bulb or whatever, and I came to the conclusion that the white/violet wire has sth to do with this. On OE assembley, the white/violet wire has 12v all the time, unless brake or turn signal is used, then it shows 0v. Now, as I don't use anymore the same circuit for the turn signals, the white/violet wire stays 12v even when I use turn signals and that is causing the hyperblink, any sugestions on how to deal with this?
You cant add draw to the front and not have hyper flash, when you add resistor to it it draws more power making it hyper flash more, its not going to work.

So you know the part that has the T90 is for non US cars, the part that has -T90 is US cars.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:20 PM   #7
raidaru

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
You cant add draw to the front and not have hyper flash, when you add resistor to it it draws more power making it hyper flash more, its not going to work.

So you know the part that has the T90 is for non US cars, the part that has -T90 is US cars.
Actually after spending hours and hours on testing, it's not quite like that. It is all about the white/violet left wire and white/black right wire which is in some sort of connection inside the tail lamp to the brake/turn led, if I power that led from the front turn signals it won't hyperflash, if I power any other led with or without resistor, or any classic bulb, it will hyperflash! The white/violet wire has permanent 12v on it, when I use turn signal or brake, the voltage will disappear on that wire!!! If I use any other led/classic bulb for the turn signal, regardless if it's powered from front or from the original trunk harness, it will hyperflash again! So, I don't understand much of the schematics but I do know what I've tested myself.
Old 12-08-2022, 06:51 AM   #8
Olli1LE

Drives: 2019 Camaro SS 1LE
Hi.
I have same issue when change my taillight to EU spec on 2019 model.
I know that the white/violet wire is the LED feedback signal. How did you solve the issue? Resistor won't work and put the wire to ground after resistor won't work too.

Front headlights didn't have the feedback signal which I can use to manipulate the feedback signal for taillight.

Oliver
Olli1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:10 AM   #9
easttxss

Drives: '16 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olli1LE View Post
Hi.
I have same issue when change my taillight to EU spec on 2019 model.
I know that the white/violet wire is the LED feedback signal. How did you solve the issue? Resistor won't work and put the wire to ground after resistor won't work too.

Front headlights didn't have the feedback signal which I can use to manipulate the feedback signal for taillight.

Oliver
I would imagine that you also need an EU spec Body Control Module to make the EU tail lights function properly. This would require programing from the dealer also as modules are not plug-n-play.
'14 Fusion Titanium 2.0T
'83 Jeep Wagoneer
easttxss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2022, 09:44 AM   #10
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Could you wire in a relay that grounds the violet wire when the turn signal flashes? Just a thought.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 12:41 AM   #11
Jeb114

Drives: 2021 300
I see these posts alot, pay the dealer to do it.
Jeb114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 07:25 AM   #12
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeb114 View Post
I see these posts alot, pay the dealer to do it.
In Eastern Europe where gm withdrew from? Not a particularly attractive option.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote