Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 03-19-2019, 06:15 AM   #57
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
Worst part about the dimensions of the car IMO trying to fit ANY drive-thru bag through the window. Always have to turn the bag sideways or force it in the car LOL. ATM's are pretty difficult too. I just pull up short and get out most of the time.
madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 10:47 AM   #58
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Worst part about the dimensions of the car IMO trying to fit ANY drive-thru bag through the window. Always have to turn the bag sideways or force it in the car LOL. ATM's are pretty difficult too. I just pull up short and get out most of the time.
I can relate so much to this!!!
it's a pain in the ass. I get off everyday when the bank is closed so I have to either worry about scraping my rim on the damn curb, or walk to the ATM.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:16 AM   #59
yankee

Drives: 2018 Camaro LT RS, 2015 Mazda 3
Walk more, eat less. It's healthy
yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 11:33 AM   #60
HighIron

Drives: 2024 2SS Summit White
About as long as it took for the 14 mile drive home from the dealership.
HighIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 12:26 PM   #61
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsChristianInHD View Post
I can relate so much to this!!!
it's a pain in the ass. I get off everyday when the bank is closed so I have to either worry about scraping my rim on the damn curb, or walk to the ATM.

Be very aware of your surroundings when you get out of the car at an ATM. Can be dangerous.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 03:19 PM   #62
Dagstar

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS
Getting used the view was pretty quick. The only time it can still be awkward is if I pull into the gap between a median to merge into traffic. Unless I'm nearly parallel to the road, it's almost impossible to see the oncoming traffic due to the C pillar. I avoid that situation like the plague. EDIT: I also find that I have to stop a few feet back from my usual stopping spot at overhead traffic lights around town. If not I have to duck and look up to see most of them (and I'm only 5'9").

After buying the Camaro, any time I'm behind the wheel of the average car I feel like I'm looking out giant bay windows, they seem so freakin' huge, lol.

Last edited by Dagstar; 03-20-2019 at 12:12 PM.
Dagstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:28 PM   #63
Mr_Jones
DaBatMan

Drives: "Candi" 2018 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
Worst part about the dimensions of the car IMO trying to fit ANY drive-thru bag through the window. Always have to turn the bag sideways or force it in the car LOL.
I found out the hard way at BK the other day.

Current Wives: 2018 Camaro 2LT RS MT / 2008 Avalanche 5.3L AFM

Ex-GF's: 2010 VW CC Lux 2.0T/ 2004 Mazda RX-8 GT MT/ 2001 A6 3.0T MT/ 2001 Navigator / 1995 Accord EX MT
Mr_Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2019, 09:37 PM   #64
DragonTTK
Ontario - 2SS Owner

Drives: Camaro 2SS
This was my first car didn't find it too be too bad but curbs are basically invisible so sometimes tend to do stops little early and wider turns depending on situation rather be safe then sorry but i personally havent had much trouble with fast food drive thrus but atm drive thrus are impossible unless you arm length is least 2 ft...
DragonTTK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:30 AM   #65
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Didn't take long for me to get use to it but there's a lot of situations I avoid like the plague. I would say maybe a month to get use to it completely. I'm thankful for the 2SS features since it makes it wee bit easier to drive.

Although I hate situations that require changing lines on a curve since the blind spot indicator doesn't pick up on the car beside me and the entire car blocks the view. Also any awkward merges with a median that typically requires a shoulder check is near impossible.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 12:09 PM   #66
orange blaze
Red Hot SS

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS
Never bothered me a bit. I am always ahead of traffic so no need to look back. The car is awesome. If you want to have better viewing I tell people to buy an suv. Muscle cars as a rule are not made to have a great view.
orange blaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 01:42 PM   #67
Vtor_ZL1
Who Needs to KNOW?

Drives: 18 ZLE
Just dont drive a Sabaru Forrester - all that upright glass will make you feel naked. And why can i see so much of the road.

To date, parking still sucks, can't tell when front end is "square" so often time front is pointed out slightly.

Are you in the NY/NJ/PA/CT region? Join us for autox fun at MetLife Stadium. HUGE lots, tons of runs.

http://www.motorsportsne.com/
Vtor_ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 02:23 PM   #68
Hazzy

Drives: 2018 Camaro SS
Probably does not help that its not my daily driver. Out on the road here in UK I found it was quickly not an isssue. Within 10 minutes I was fine. Visibility and lane changes are fine (OK we do get the larger wing mirrors on the European version which helps).
Length is OK too, I can park in a bay with no real problem..

On my first day with the car I began to think the whole issue might be a little over blown

But then when I started to travel different places in it I soon got the point. Visibility. It is an issue... and whilst not major it is certainly frustrating.
What I have not got used to is in any close manoeuvring. Multi story parks are a little smaller here in the UK and even worse in Spain, France and Italy. Narrow up/down ramps are a pain. I have no good visibility of the car corners and find it hard to judge the extremities when sunk in the driver seat..a front splitter sticking out makes it a little worse... I am constantly getting out the car to see where the front is or to check how far other side of car is from the wall.
Basically any indoor parking structure over here is challenging..Admittedy I am a bit more careful...getting parts and fixing these cars is much harder over here where Camaros are extremely rare.

Took me 10 mins to get out of a hotel basement car park in Madrid lol... It was worryingly narrow
Hazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:00 AM   #69
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
When I go to work I just park my car for the whole day and pack or walk to get lunch. Need the exercise.
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2019, 09:13 AM   #70
Raptor Jesus
Banned

Drives: Camaro
On the road it's fine, I like being in a cubby hole. But in parking lots, drive thru's, banks, any place with islands and curbs it's next to impossible to see. Big fenders and high door sills you can't see anything. I just swing wide and go slow.
Raptor Jesus is offline   Reply With Quote